E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AK HI ID OR WA

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
bwallace530

My Ride: 325
Just opened a shop. Bend Oregon

Just thought I would let you guys know I opened a shop in bend.

I more have been boosting civics for around 2500-3000 installed.

And doing some nitrous installs for around a grand installed.

Just thought I would put my self out here see if anyone was interested.

I do my work cheap $30hr but take pride in it.

Give me a call if you have any questions.

Brett
530-321-0998

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
bwallace530

No one in the area huh.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
devin_name

My Ride: 2004 325i
Actually, i just moved to Bend! Just doing the FI or will you be supplying all aftermarket parts and doing basic mechanic work as well?
devin_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
bwallace530

I can buy the aftermarket parts but I do not have them on hand. Yes I am doing basic mechanic work also.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
jizzzoe

My Ride: is no longer E46 :(
Send a message via Yahoo to jizzzoe
Boosted Civics? Yay. What about your BMW qualifications?

My Steel Gray '03 330Ci... I miss you, baby!
MODS: Purely aesthetic… Shadowlined, Smoked and LED'd out!
jizzzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
bwallace530

Besides the computer there is no difference from a civic to a BMW.

Engine suspension transmission. Are all the same. If you want me too charge 100hr I'm more then welcome to take that.

But if your posting to try and downgrade my work please don't post in this thread anymore.

Last edited by bwallace530; 05-02-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
jizzzoe

My Ride: is no longer E46 :(
Send a message via Yahoo to jizzzoe
All I'm saying is that you're posting about Hondas on a BMW forum. Why not talk about what you've done with BMWs?

My Steel Gray '03 330Ci... I miss you, baby!
MODS: Purely aesthetic… Shadowlined, Smoked and LED'd out!
jizzzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
bwallace530

Well not to many people come to me for BMWs most are hondas Ford Chevy and dodge.

I have done a couple head jobs on e30 and one top end rebuild on a 00 528i. All the other stuff is in my threads that I have done to my own car.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
codyfunk

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Well, many people might not becoming to you for bmws because you're talking about hondas. so what can you do with bmws?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
devin_name

OP, I get what you're talking about. I usually go to a great Indy and even though he specializes in BMW probably 40% of his work is on other makes.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Can I just say I've been reading OP's posts since he joined and if I were out there and couldn't do something myself, I know I'd trust him to work on my car.

Also, OP, $30 an hour is very low, no matter where you are in the country. Oddly, too, the lower the cost, the less people might perceive the quality of your work.

I think you should offer this as an Introductory Fanatic's rate, and maybe 'grandfather' those in who come to you for a year or so, but I'm sure the market would bear more.

Also, you might want to include a list of the highlights of things you know you could do...

plugs, vcg, ccv, intake/icv/tb, Alt, ofhg, pulleys, belts, cooling system...etc. I've been toying with the same idea here, but have to be careful since I know I'm not 'officially' a mechanic, though unofficially, I know I know more about our cars than many official mechanics!

GL!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
devin_name

Hey OP... where are you located at? I'd love to swing by one of these days. I need a quote on some work right now and would be nice to have done locally and not have to drive all the way to Medford to see my normal guy.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
bwallace530

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Can I just say I've been reading OP's posts since he joined and if I were out there and couldn't do something myself, I know I'd trust him to work on my car.

Also, OP, $30 an hour is very low, no matter where you are in the country. Oddly, too, the lower the cost, the less people might perceive the quality of your work.

I think you should offer this as an Introductory Fanatic's rate, and maybe 'grandfather' those in who come to you for a year or so, but I'm sure the market would bear more.

Also, you might want to include a list of the highlights of things you know you could do...

plugs, vcg, ccv, intake/icv/tb, Alt, ofhg, pulleys, belts, cooling system...etc. I've been toying with the same idea here, but have to be careful since I know I'm not 'officially' a mechanic, though unofficially, I know I know more about our cars than many official mechanics!

GL!
Dmax I completely understand what you are talking about.

The reason I have my rate low is because I like what I do. There is no need to have it so high that a simple pulley install and belts would come too 800$. Which what a BMW shop usually charges.

Many people don't understand that all internal combustion engines are basically the same. BMW just had more electronics that control basically everything.

If people don't want too bring there BMWs to me because I charge less and want to get rapped by a BMW specific shop more power too them but I'm not begging for peoples cars too work on. I'm just trying to help people out who can't afford a huge repair bill.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #14
bwallace530

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin_name View Post
Hey OP... where are you located at? I'd love to swing by one of these days. I need a quote on some work right now and would be nice to have done locally and not have to drive all the way to Medford to see my normal guy.
Sorry for the late response I never got a email telling me someone responded or sent a pm. I sent you a pm back.