E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #81
Dhohn

My Ride: 3 e30's and a 03 330
were Jason and Saad's bans perma bans or time period bans ? ( really missing the wealth of knowledge from them )
Dhohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #82
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Sick! Can't wait to see it!
Likewise. I want to see the beast reborn!

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #83
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
i found it.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2969922917.html
hans is checking it out tomorrow.

i want the cinnamon you can have the rest. ill get him down to 5k by the weekend.
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #84
MarcusLSB

My Ride: X5, CT200h, CLK63 BS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
i found it.

i want the cinnamon you can have the rest. ill get him down to 5k by the weekend.
I found a running black on black one in Idaho for $8999.. has 170k miles or so but looks to be in actually pretty good shape.

This guys going to have to go down to $6k before I'd be interested as I'd have to trailer this one and while Sac isn't to far that is 6hrs of driving and me dicking around with getting the trailer from my buddy/etc.

If you want the interior I'll give you a good deal on it..
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 AM   #85
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
i found it.

Marcus, you would never want a vert as the base for a drag car would you?
I dont mind the weight penalty so much because my car is a cabrio first, then an HPDE car and last a drag car capable of questionable times.

Chad's half way decent times were encouraging, but I would be looking at coupes only if I were building a drag car. Your thoughts?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #86
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
I dont mind the weight penalty so much because my car is a cabrio first, then an HPDE car and last a drag car capable of questionable times.

Chad's half way decent times were encouraging, but I would be looking at coupes only if I were building a drag car. Your thoughts?
The car in that listing is a coupe.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #87
Dreikraft

Quote:
I found a running black on black one in Idaho for $8999.. has 170k miles or so but looks to be in actually pretty good shape.

This guys going to have to go down to $6k before I'd be interested as I'd have to trailer this one and while Sac isn't to far that is 6hrs of driving and me dicking around with getting the trailer from my buddy/etc.

If you want the interior I'll give you a good deal on it..
Quote:

we don't f with cabrios! j/k

6hrs?!? i can go to slo in back in that time lol

ill give you a report tomorrow. if he lets it go for 5k ill take it if you don't. i got an extra s54 already anyway. i might push 4500 hehe but i don't want him to cry . kbb says 8500 for fair (which i assume doesnt mean nonop!) so hes smoking something if he thinks otherwise.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #88
MarcusLSB

Quote:

The weight difference wouldn't be to bad once gutted and the stiffer frame is a plus but honestly a vert wouldnt be my first choice. A 100lbs is worth about a tenth in et.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #89
Bdave

Quote:
we don't f with cabrios! j/k
I am well used to that by now. LOL. I still dont regret my vert decision in spite of its performance short comings.
But as Marcus points out, IF you gut the vert, the weight penalty becomes less of a factor. I certainly have no plans for that, but you never know...
No, now I am joking. I love an evening al fresco drive. nothing like it!

GL finding your project base. I dont think you will have a problem.

Last edited by Bdave; 04-26-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #90
MarcusLSB

Quote:
I am well used to that by now. LOL. I still dont regret my vert decision in spite of its performance short comings.
But as Marcus points out, IF you gut the vert, the weight penalty becomes less of a factor. I certainly have no plans for that, but you never know...
No, now I am joking. I love an evening al fresco drive. nothing like it!

GL finding your project base. I dont think you will have a problem.
I drove a E36 M3 Dakkar Yellow Convertible for like 5 years.. I still love a convertible but to be honest.. I really don't like being so exposed when in traffic.. people pearing into your car.. staring at you.. just feel like i'm on display. The fact it was Dakkar yellow didn't help either.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:20 AM   #91
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
I think we need pictures of the driveway.
PEI330Ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #92
Bdave

Quote:
I drove a E36 M3 Dakkar Yellow Convertible for like 5 years.. I still love a convertible but to be honest.. I really don't like being so exposed when in traffic.. people pearing into your car.. staring at you.. just feel like i'm on display. The fact it was Dakkar yellow didn't help either.
I feel the same way in my Arrest Me Red Imola. I hate being on display. If I am in heavy traffic I always have the top up and a heavy tint to my windows. Other wise I am a red blur. For all they know a dog could have been driving.
The vert season in SFLA is quite short. It gets WAY to hot to have the top down most months. I enjoy top down on a cool night the best. I love the flip up mesh wind diffuser....works great.
CA state is best known for year round top down driving. PHC1 up around Big Sur, OMG! I want to move to San Diego Eventually, just for the weather patterns. Dry and temperate...take a long coastal drive up to Oregon in June...

Are you going to paint your dragster LSB too? Or go with menacing Black?

Last edited by Bdave; 04-26-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #93
Dreikraft

pink
Old 04-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #94
Patrón Vader

My Ride: m3
Quote:
Marcus
I vote you paint the new drag car dakkar.

Last edited by Patrón Vader; 04-26-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Patrón Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #95
M5chas

My Ride: e90 m3 + cornfed gtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhohn View Post
were Jason and Saad's bans perma bans or time period bans ? ( really missing the wealth of knowledge from them )
Agreed 100%. What is the deal with their bans? Last time I looked Jason's account was under review. Is review time over??
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #96
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5chas View Post
Agreed 100%. What is the deal with their bans? Last time I looked Jason's account was under review. Is review time over??
Same here, when is time out over???

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #97
Dreikraft

no update on the red e46 today.. he was caught up on a motor swap all day couldn't get out to the car, sorry.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #98
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
There is a theft recovery LSB here in seattle no interior or motor, but it looks like everything else is these. I'm trying to find details, when I get a phone number I will PM you Marcus.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #99
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 View Post
There is a theft recovery LSB here in seattle no interior or motor, but it looks like everything else is these. I'm trying to find details, when I get a phone number I will PM you Marcus.
Be nice if it had the motor, but was blown.. that way I could use the head.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #100
Sweed

My Ride: 07 6.0L / 04 M3
This sounds awsome... Marcus I see your searching for a shell or partial. Let me know if every need any parts for your build. I'd be willing to donate any items off my 06 that are still salvagable like steering column, drive shaft minus engine/tranny for free but you'd have to pay shipping.

I just bought an 04 pheonix yellow the other day, I think Kenton is still driving around with one of my axle's unless he upgraded.

I realize most item's on your build will be aftermarket but just in case.

Curt

Looking forward to this.