E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,571
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Modify 325/330 eBay headers to fit 323/328

I guess this is the best place to ask this question since a search brought no answers to the surface.

Does anyone know what it will take to modify the 325/330 eBay headers to fit the 323/328 exhaust.They will bolt up to the engine block just fine, but the lower exhaust flange is different. Not sure how, since I only have a '99 328i.

I checked with three sellers on eBay as to whether they will get the 323/328 versions in stock, but none could tell me if they will ever sell them again. The 325/330 versions are the only ones I can find which are offered at this time.

Right now, it would be easier for me to modify the newer version, rather then wait for a product that may never come.

Last edited by RKiepper; 04-28-2012 at 07:21 PM.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post
I guess this is the best place to ask this question since a search brought no answers to the surface.

Does anyone know what it will take to modify the 325/330 eBay headers to fit the 323/328 exhaust.They will bolt up to the engine block just fine, but the lower exhaust flange is different. Not sure how, since I only have a '99 328i.

I checked with three sellers on eBay as to whether they will get the 323/328 versions in stock, but none could tell me if they will ever sell them again. The 325/330 versions are the only ones I can find which are offered at this time.

Right now, it would be easier for me to modify the newer version, rather then wait for a product that may never come.
You doing it wrong and you have my number! dual fail! You buy the headers and buy an oem 325/330 exhaust (they are cheap) OR you just take your car with the headers on, ask an exhaust shop to modify your exhaust to fit. Cheap like 60 bucks.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,571
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
You doing it wrong and you have my number! dual fail! You buy the headers and buy an oem 325/330 exhaust (they are cheap) OR you just take your car with the headers on, ask an exhaust shop to modify your exhaust to fit. Cheap like 60 bucks.
That's what happens when you don't answer back! I only have this set, and it's a single pipe, not dual like the facelift. No modifying the exhaust system, just the headers please!!
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post
That's what happens when you don't answer back! I only have this set, and it's a single pipe, not dual like the facelift. No modifying the exhaust system, just the headers please!!
Free exhaust at my house, plus the head liner, plus anything else you want cause moving to SEA!
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use