E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
I've owned a Remington 870 for over 10 years, great shotgun, I highly recommend it.

Good luck in your decision.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #22
dan03833

My Ride: 2001 330xi
I just went thru the same purchasing decision myself. It came down to the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500 for me. In the end, I chose the Mossberg 500; from what I found, it's a Ford Vs Chevy argument. But, here's what the Mossberg has that the Remmington didn't; the Mossberg is predrilled & tapped for a scope. I opted for the Field/Security Combo, this gives you an 18.5" barrel & a 28" barrel, rifle stock & pistol grip and 3 choke tubes. I was out the door with the whole thing for $441.23.
dan03833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #23
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan03833 View Post
I just went thru the same purchasing decision myself. It came down to the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500 for me. In the end, I chose the Mossberg 500; from what I found, it's a Ford Vs Chevy argument. But, here's what the Mossberg has that the Remmington didn't; the Mossberg is predrilled & tapped for a scope. I opted for the Field/Security Combo, this gives you an 18.5" barrel & a 28" barrel, rifle stock & pistol grip and 3 choke tubes. I was out the door with the whole thing for $441.23.
You buy local?

The scope thing is no big deal...IMO
Old 03-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #24
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Sounds like a pretty awesome deal to me!

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #25
Joey325Ci

My Ride: 03 325CI & 74 2002
I went through the same thing, one day I went to the range with a buddy of mine and played a few games of trap and I was instantly hooked!

I went with the Benelli Nova H2o, It comes with an 18 inch barrel and I added a factory +2 extension and a full receiver length rail, I keep it like this for HD, I then bought a factory 26 inch field barrel for for trap/skeet and added a choke tube set. Its take 5 minutes to switch barrels. I have put a couple hundred rounds through mine and not a hicup, I am very satisfied with its performance.

That being said, if you are into modding your gun I would go with a Mossberg or Remington as it is far easier to find aftermarket parts and accesories for it, I found this out after purchasing my gun. There is really nothing else that can be done to mines, while you have endless options and vendors with the others.

In my opinion, you cant go wrong with either of these brands, Mossberg, Remington and Benelli all make great guns that last forever, good luck with your search and keep breakin them birds!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #26
dan03833

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus09 View Post
You buy local?

The scope thing is no big deal...IMO

Yes, bought local.
dan03833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #27
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Remington has a combo package similar in price.
The whole business of politics has been effectively subcontracted out to a band of professionals. Money people, outreach people, message people, research people. The rest of us are meant to feel like amateurs. In the sense of suckers. We become demotivated to learn more about how things work. We begin to opt out.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #28
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus34r View Post
how much would a new or used 870 go for?

what would you guys consider as a nice step-up from the 870? A shotgun that's more expensive but a worthwhile look if im interested in spending a bit more.
I got my 870 for $270 new if I can remember correctly and that was with taxes. It was on sale either at Bass Pro or Wal-Mart. Used you can probably pick one up between $200-$250.
The whole business of politics has been effectively subcontracted out to a band of professionals. Money people, outreach people, message people, research people. The rest of us are meant to feel like amateurs. In the sense of suckers. We become demotivated to learn more about how things work. We begin to opt out.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #29
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Quote:
that's an average deal. You can most often piece together packages for much less. I understand some people like the convenience of the packages though, and to each their own.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #30
Locutus09

Bumping this back up.

Bought a Remington Wingmaster 870 for $300. Picking it up next week.

Anything I should look out for when checking it out?
Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
If it has removable chokes, take the choke tube out of the muzzle to make sure it's not seized. If it's a fixed choke, inspect the barrel for any cracking. Then check normal functioning and operation. Get a couple full-size snap caps and run them through the gun to make sure everything functions okay.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #32
Locutus09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
If it has removable chokes, take the choke tube out of the muzzle to make sure it's not seized. If it's a fixed choke, inspect the barrel for any cracking. Then check normal functioning and operation. Get a couple full-size snap caps and run them through the gun to make sure everything functions okay.
I'm almost certain that it's a fixed choke, it says full on the barrel.

I'll pick up some 2 3/4 snap caps to run through.

Last edited by Locutus09; 04-01-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Locutus09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #33
david05111

I'm actually now entering the market for an 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge, 28 inches. I'm on the lookout

Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #34
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
I'm actually now entering the market for an 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge, 28 inches. I'm on the lookout
Sounds about right. The new 28" barrel's will probably come with a modified choke for the most part, but they're interchangeable with the key they give you. It's about $25 for a different choke, and you can get them anywhere. I have a 26" barrel because I was too impatient to find one with a 28", but it still works great.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #35
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Sounds about right. The new 28" barrel's will probably come with a modified choke for the most part, but they're interchangeable with the key they give you. It's about $25 for a different choke, and you can get them anywhere. I have a 26" barrel because I was too impatient to find one with a 28", but it still works great.
Ended up grabbing one used in pretty good shape, though it didn't come with a choke wrench.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #36
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Have any pictures?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #37
david05111

Quote: