E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
wiry

My Ride: 05 M3 Coupe,89 325iX
ES Motorsports, Greensboro, NC

Hey all,

Just wanted to pass this along..

In my search for an M3 I've come across a lot of listings at ES Motorsports in Greensboro. I did some research trying to find out more about the place and there are a few old threads on here, and bimmerforums and m3forum.net with people asking about their reputation and a few folks with some negative feedback on them but nothing super definitive about their business practices.

And so I present exhibit A: http://www.bbb.org/greensboro/busine...ro-nc-33046726

tl;dr: The owner was arrested this past February and charged with a large number of felonies and misdemeanors related to the business. I don't know if their cars are mechanically sound or even acquired via legit means but caveat emptor.
wiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
AE46fanaticlol

My Ride: looking for an E46
Um your still tempted to go somewhere with that kind of feedback? It's not like your purchasing a Honda. It's a ///M and an extremely expensive car to maintain...there is a reason es motorsports has the rep they do as well as the "cheap" prices. if you decide to buy any car I highly recommend a PPI also a CARFAX and to actually read what your signing....they've been known for scams.
AE46fanaticlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
sonicguy

My Ride: 2003 330 ci
I local in greensboro..thier rep is terrible and known for shady deals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
sonicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
wiry

My Ride: 05 M3 Coupe,89 325iX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE46fanaticlol View Post
Um your still tempted to go somewhere with that kind of feedback?
Quite the opposite. I don't plan to even look at any of the cars they've got. Just wanted to share the info I linked to. Lots of folks say "they're terrible" or "they're shady" and here is definitive proof of that for anyone still not convinced!
wiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
AE46fanaticlol

Yea I wouldn't even waste my time with them.....
Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
j///wright

My Ride: '06 M3 vert
ES Motorsports...

I'll just leave this here. https://apps.dot.state.nc.us/pio/rel...ls.aspx?r=6088

Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
shwagon
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325it 5-speed
God the nightmares Ive heard about this place...
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
adamn06

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i
im really glad that i read this post. I have been looking at some of their cars because of the great prices and falls into what I am looking for. I have a family BMW mechanic that I would have check out any car that I buy, you think the cars are just not quality or the paperwork is sketchy?
adamn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
AE46fanaticlol

^^^^^
Just google their name....nothing good pops up
Old 05-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
E46_330i_Stud

My Ride: 2004 330ci ZHP 6MT
I've heard of cars coming from them with a clean PPI from the dealer or Indy and falling apart 2 weeks later. Cracked starters, JB Welded oil pan, bad vanos unit that was obviously known by them because the head gasket was leaking from hastily putting the head back on, etc. JordanGreen21 bought his old m3 there and found out months later it had 2 new front fenders and a bent strut/control arm. They assured him it was resprayed for normal rock chips. It also had a replica front bumper on it. PPI didn't confirm any of this. STAY FAR FAR AWAY. Not sure why you would even consider this. Read their google reviews for more stories.

1995 325i 5mt ArcticGrey/Dove - SOLD
2004 330ci ZHP 6MT SilberGrau/Black - SOLD
2001 330i M-Sport 5MT StaulGrau/Grey - SOLD
1992 Accord LX Sedan 275k miles all original - DAILY
2002 Chevy Suburban LT Autoride - TOY HAULER
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT - RACE TRUCK!
E46_330i_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
matthias2280

My Ride: 2005 m3 coupe
I looked at several cars on line from this shady place. The deals seem great...untill you pull up a autocheck report. I noticed that most of the cars had subframe damage listed in the reports. So I called them to get further explanation. They insisted that there was no subgrame damage on these cars. The explanation I recieved was that every time a dentless repair is done and they have to drill into the body for access that has to be reported as subframe damage. What a crock of $h1t.
When I asked them if I could come and test drive a few cars I was told that we could talk about that when I got there and that a test drive is "the last step in the sales process". At trust point I said screw it and moved on.

Beware folks...shady business all the way. I flew to NH and drove my car back to NC because I found a reputable dealer there. It's was so worth it...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Bimmer App
VMR VB3 | Hankook V12 | Hotchkis Sways | ST Coils
/// Deutschland \\\
matthias2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #12
Toby22

My Ride: 350z
damn, i was so close to buying an M3 there last year. I mean, they always have like 5 M3's fs on craigslist lol. Good thing i decided to buy from a private seller in charlotte
Toby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #13
JohnnieWalker

My Ride: 2003 325i
I'm going to check it out this week for some parts. I talked to the new owner, Ace, and he has a bunch of used parts I need that I can't find anywhere.

I'll let you guys know my thoughts of the new management!
JohnnieWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #14
matthias2280

My Ride: 2005 m3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieWalker View Post
I'm going to check it out this week for some parts. I talked to the new owner, Ace, and he has a bunch of used parts I need that I can't find anywhere.

I'll let you guys know my thoughts of the new management!
Any word ??
VMR VB3 | Hankook V12 | Hotchkis Sways | ST Coils
/// Deutschland \\\
matthias2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #15
JohnnieWalker

My Ride: 2003 325i
I couldn't make it out there before the holiday... The day I was supposed to head out there I opened a door panel and found three more problems than I expected haha. That took the rest of my time, I am definitely headed out there within a week, let you know then.
JohnnieWalker is offline   Reply With Quote