E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #261
Mic Diesel

My Ride: 325 xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Maybe they send you a unit with the options of the contrast all black? I know that the reset button should fix that but it was just a try.
lol i think its more than that... the other day that **** was fkn up my wipers, windows, sunroof, and dash lights...then the head unit itself shut it self down..
Mic Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:51 AM   #262
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Telling people to NOT BUY it is none of our business . I am also one of the first people that bought this unit and I'm really happy . I don't have that many issues as other people are, other then when you turn your car on it randoms pick a page but other then that , my volume is perfect and everything else works perfect . So let the people do its job by reading all this pages and make their own choices. Some people are capable of fixing simple issues that others are having .
Same for me, knowing how poor quality control are in China I am not surprised with faulty unit popping up here and there. As with all DIY there is always a risk of user installation causing problem. As simple as plug and play could lead to all sort of problems.

How installing a HU causes "fkn up my wipers, windows, sunroof, and dash lights" is beyond me but never the less we all try to help each other regardless of their attitudes. Does your car have diagnostic port? and error codes? replaced the original unit and does that solve the problem?

We shouldn't really expect a $400 unit to be perfect in every way and full after services as it is too cheap to cover all that, if not then we would be spoiled with choices and vendors all bend over backwards to win our business. There are good sub $400 unit out there but none will fit our car without modification to the air duct, if you are up for that then go and chop up the inside and fit one
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #263
mrwhite

My Ride: 325ti SE Compact
there is also the possibility that the units have been damaged in transit. poor handling by dhl causing ram or any other component to dislodge...
may work on leaving factory and not on arrival
mrwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #264
jayjay_dee

My Ride: '10 X5 35d, '05 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhite View Post
there is also the possibility that the units have been damaged in transit. poor handling by dhl causing ram or any other component to dislodge...
may work on leaving factory and not on arrival
which is what probably happened to mine... i have exactly the same issue as Mic Diesel, backlight is on but the screen wont turn on....

Im still waiting to hear back from Jolly... why does China have so many holidays???
jayjay_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #265
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
i don't know why people complain so much about this, ya its not perfect but it does do a good job for the price.... you get blue-tooth, gps and ipod or aux support not to mention MP3 cd/Dvd and dvd movies etc.... and can hook up game consoles

ya it is a let down that you can not control the ipod to full extend in via ipod interface or blue-tooth, my main concern... but it still does a decent job and all i really have to do in create bunch of play-lists and play song that way instead of by song title...and it looks great... i highly recommand upgrading the nav software to igo primo 2.0 (igo9)

even the oem ipod interface was not that user friendly intonly supported 5 play lists and they had to be named BMW1... BMW5

im sure soon or later someone will be able to create a better ROM for this unit.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #266
Subserv433

My Ride: '04 325i ZSP ZPP B/B
So has anyone within the US successful hooked up a TV antenna? Is it possible?

2004 BMW 325i
ZSP ZPP
Black on Black

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LEASED IT!!!
Subserv433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #267
mrwhite

Ive heard back from jolly today, ill post up details in little bit, national labour day holiday is the reason as said above

but generally need to send back faulty units
Old 05-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #268
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
Similar unit...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250926945560...84.m1423.l2649

Has anyone seen this unit? Look different..... and here is a pic of the back of the unit that the seller sent me

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k.../BMW/E39-8.jpg

I am going to buy the Dynavin, but this one looks better then that ENCO. But not sure....
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #269
mrwhite

From Jolly

Quote:
Before we shipping,our QC will test all functions and make sure all units are good in quality

If the unit is dead,we will ask customers to return it back to us.To be honest,last month,we received 2units returned from USA.They told me the unit cannot turn on.But when I received the units,we connected the 12V power line,the two units turn on.I do not know what's happened!

The sound issues you described in previous emails,i have told to our engineers but do not yet have a solution
Old 05-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #270
Subserv433

My Ride: '04 325i ZSP ZPP B/B
Just a quick heads up to anyone that is having issues with the GPS not working. If you get the "no signal" screen when you press the NAVI button...you can pull the power harness from the back of the unit or disconnect you car battery and reset your unit. OR something which might be easier is to pull your 2 radio fuses from your glove compartment and reset the unit. Worked for me. Good luck.

2004 BMW 325i
ZSP ZPP
Black on Black

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LEASED IT!!!
Subserv433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #271
jayjay_dee

My Ride: '10 X5 35d, '05 ZHP
Quote:
Ive heard back from jolly today, ill post up details in little bit, national labour day holiday is the reason as said above

but generally need to send back faulty units
Im surprised you heard from Jolly today, as Ive been waiting for her to reply to my Skype msgs to her since Monday... yeah, she told me they have a 5 day holiday...

Anyway, I showed her my unit wasnt working thru video call but still she asked me to try to connect it to a 12V source directly, of course the outcome is the same, blank screen...

I just want to get details from her on how I can return/replace this unit.
jayjay_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #272
mrwhite

she generally responds to my queries the next working day if not the same day.
im looking at importing a few to the uk but need to make sure all is as best as possible. will try and link in with a warranty from squaretrade at this end so any probs, it can be sorted here, just got to make sure the figures add up and teh system is a functional as possible
Old 05-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #273
mrwhite

regarding a changing screen:
Quote:
We are plan to changing the screen,but still do not have the exact date.Maybe 3months,maybe 6month,maybe 1year etc...
so if youre waiting for that, i wouldnt hold your breath for it anytime soon

I asked if there was anything she could suggest for those of you having only the lights coming on:

Quote:
Yes,i got the issue about only back light on and screen comes with nothing.I have asked he to test it using 12V power line without install it in car. he said he took this unit to a local shop and the guy told him our unit is break.To be honest,i cannot believe or understand it as all checked before sending.

BTW,i tell you a story about our E46.One of my customer who is from USA,he told me our unit cannot turn on even though he checked this unit is power.Then i asked him to return it to us.It's unbelievable,i connected the 12V power to test it when we received the returned one,it turned on and work normally!!!

I really do not know where is the issue.Why customer cannot make it turn on and when returned it to us,we can make it turn on and work normally!

Last edited by mrwhite; 05-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #274
Dannyboy223

My Ride: 2002 325ci
hey guys, i recently got one of these and have some questions, maybe you guys can anwser them.

1. is there an instruction manual online? i did not get one.

2. you need an antenna adapter for the radio right? i have the square style bmw female connector i believe i need the long metal male connector.

3. do you have to route the gps antenna up the top of your car?

4. when i go do the disc mode, there is a picture of "casting crows" when the music off a cd plays. is it possible to change this?

thats it for now, may be some more in the future.
thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #275
mrwhite

B146 ?
1.Ive done a pdf...,its not great though (the manual not the pdf) ive not bothered reading it DOWNLOAD HERE

2. have you a photo of the connector in your car and what you have ?

3.not necessarily. mine is under the dashboard, move it to the left of the airvents in the soundproofing, making sure there is nothing but dashboard above it, push it along a bit and you should get a good signal

4. Dont get this myself, have you a picture ? you can just click the arrow in the top left of the screen to get it to go to the main menu screen and leave it on that. pressing the "moon" symbol on the main menu will turn the screen off all together for night mode but you can do it at day too if you wish

Last edited by mrwhite; 05-05-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #276
Dannyboy223

Quote:
B146 ?
1.Ive done a pdf...,its not great though (the manual not the pdf) ive not bothered reading it DOWNLOAD HERE

2. have you a photo of the connector in your car and what you have ?

3.not necessarily. mine is under the dashboard, move it to the left of the airvents in the soundproofing, making sure there is nothing but dashboard above it, push it along a bit and you should get a good signal

4. Dont get this myself, have you a picture ? you can just click the arrow in the top left of the screen to get it to go to the main menu screen and leave it on that. pressing the "moon" symbol on the main menu will turn the screen off all together for night mode but you can do it at day too if you wish
yeah b146

1. Thanks!

2. I found one at a local audio shop

3. I tested it out an ended.up putting it.in that exact same spot, haha

4. this is.what comes up when I click disc.from the.main menu:
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336332149317.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	450466

Since there is a cd and no dvd, it just shows this.picture when music is playing/loading. What comes up on yours?
Old 05-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #277
mrwhite

how odd

this is what on mine with a cd in

will see if jolly has a suggestion if you like

here is my signal strenght... def the best place for it so muich better than on the metal bar below the airvents where i initially had it

Last edited by mrwhite; 05-06-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #278
Dannyboy223

That would be great if you could ask jolly. Maybe it has something to do with my maps sd card? I may take the card out and see if it still shows it
Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #279
mrwhite

no wont be that, the unit runs on 2 systems. the gps is the wince and the stereo side is a chinese operating system so not connected
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #280
Dannyboy223

fixed it! dont know why, but i was messing with the options up top and pressed the stop button, and now it has the same screen yours has. thanks for the help mrwhite!