E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
stephen330ischnell

My Ride: 2002 330i
Getting into auto x and tracking

Ok so I'm going to start doing track days and auto x this summer what are some good suspensiOn setuPs? My suspension is stock and has 130k on it so I Ned a good stiffer one....would like adjustable but not a must just trying to get ideas

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen330ischnell View Post
Ok so I'm going to start doing track days and auto x this summer what are some good suspensiOn setuPs? My suspension is stock and has 130k on it so I Ned a good stiffer one....would like adjustable but not a must just trying to get ideas
Good luck, no idea...hope you find out and then let me know where you are so I can come steal it!

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
You need nothing but a car in good mechanical shape to autocross or attend a driving school. I suggest you run it stock at a few events before throwing money at it.

My Track Schedule

The solution to the lack of headroom in the X6

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
Run a whole season with what you have. Suspension will hide mistakes.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
stephen330ischnell

My Ride: 2002 330i
Ok gOod to know. I have done many driver mods haha but nnot in this car so I should look into that maybe
Old 05-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
Me at Lime Rock Park in my then 16 year old E30 325i with the factory original 150k mile shocks/struts, stock non-sport package springs, stock 14 inch wheels with Falken Azenis RS tires, and disappearing clear coat

See the body roll? Much fun was had.

My Track Schedule

The solution to the lack of headroom in the X6

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote