E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #21
ac_2007
Registered User
 
ac_2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,717
My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Another thing I forgot to mention, the Group Buy Bimmer Brakes headers have no serial number etched into them. (Strange) The other Bimmer Brake headers had a serial number etched into them?
Finally, someone else has this problem.


BB is not new at screwing with their customers:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...788&highlight=
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #22
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,405
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
I just ordered brake rotors from them, I hope for the best. They seem like a high-quality dealer of BMW parts.
Zell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #23
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 1,146
My Ride: 2005 ZHP BMW
Send a message via AIM to BimmerBrakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
If I could do it all over again. I would have kept my ebays.
Since, we bought the Ebay headers that you took off. We compared them. They runners were smaller and etc. After my trip, I will be posting pics of what I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
This information is correct and the vendor would never post said pictures to this effect on said product. This is for all of the members that have been a victim to this kind of marketing. These atrocities committed on members of this community is wrong. I am only trying to put the best information available to assist the people of this community in their purchases.
If you have asked for pics inside the Pipes I would have sent them. Also for the price of these headers you are expecting alot. Should have gone with SS or the One you have currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
I just ordered brake rotors from them, I hope for the best. They seem like a high-quality dealer of BMW parts.
Order has been process and will be shipping in a couple of days.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Last edited by BimmerBrakes; 04-30-2012 at 11:21 AM.
BimmerBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #24
aggieE46
Keep it clean
 
aggieE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Royse City
Posts: 8,030
My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
I've never had problems with BB. I haven't bought headers from Anthony, but I've placed 3 brake orders from him and have been more than happy with shipping times and product. BB supporter here.
__________________
aggieE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #25
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,405
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrakes View Post

Order has been process and will be shipping in a couple of days.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
Thank you That was quick!
Zell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #26
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrakes View Post
Since, we bought the Ebay headers that you took off. We compared them. They runners were smaller and etc. After my trip, I will be posting pics of what I am talking about.
-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
I can't imagine you have original "Group Buy Headers" vs current headers vs my ebays to do a better comparison. I had 4 different headers at my house two being ones you sold. 1 being an ebay piece, 1 being a euro piece. I did expect a lot from these headers as they were raved about, I wasn't happy and YOU 100% took care of me. For that I cannot thank you enough. With everything being said, the only reason I bought these headers were these 2 pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB HEADERS xxx.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	449549   Click image for larger version

Name:	BB HEADERS XIXIXI.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	449550  
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #27
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
This is what I received, now ask yourself if your expectations were met? How would you respond? Edit: I want to be very clear on this, I have no hard feelings/ill will towards BB as a company. I think they can do better and from what I've heard. They are making improvements, more options available to the community. It's not easy to do a proper QC when your product is made in china. (that is not a dig, it's a fact) I 100% understand that, I'm confident these will get better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120216-00355.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	449554  

Last edited by xixixi; 04-30-2012 at 07:16 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #28
UdubBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago - Missing Madison
Posts: 130
My Ride: 04 IR/IR 6MT M3
subscribed.
__________________
2004 E46 ///M3
Imola/Imola

3 pedals
UdubBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #29
323I00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MONTREAL-CANADA
Posts: 1,543
My Ride: E46 323I
Intresting thread , Did BB purchase ebay headers and sell them as BB headers ?
__________________


Functional justification... true. But girls dropping their panties counts for something
BBK on non-supercharged-non-m..... because chasecar
323I00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #30
Merritt07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
Posts: 229
My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
I saw these headers right after Xi got them. I don't blame him for being disappointed, as they were shoddy as hell. The welds were messy and everything wasn't quite aligned. I think it would be reasonable to request photos of the headers you are ordering, before the order is shipped. I personally take no stand on either side of this issue, but like I said, I saw them and I wouldn't be happy either. You take a risk no matter where you order something online, so if you can get photos of your product before they are ship, that's what I would do.
Merritt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #31
peytonracer4
OEM ///Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,170
My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
I can't imagine you have original "Group Buy Headers" vs current headers vs my ebays to do a better comparison. I had 4 different headers at my house two being ones you sold. 1 being an ebay piece, 1 being a euro piece. I did expect a lot from these headers as they were raved about, I wasn't happy and YOU 100% took care of me. For that I cannot thank you enough. With everything being said, the only reason I bought these headers were these 2 pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
This is what I received, now ask yourself if your expectations were met? How would you respond? Edit: I want to be very clear on this, I have no hard feelings/ill will towards BB as a company. I think they can do better and from what I've heard. They are making improvements, more options available to the community. It's not easy to do a proper QC when your product is made in china. (that is not a dig, it's a fact) I 100% understand that, I'm confident these will get better.
wait what?
they fixed the problem or they didn't?
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #32
UdubBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago - Missing Madison
Posts: 130
My Ride: 04 IR/IR 6MT M3
sounds like they are in the process of fixing.


hope it's soon cuz I need some headers like YESTERDAY
__________________
2004 E46 ///M3
Imola/Imola

3 pedals
UdubBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #33
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,405
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
In BimmerBrake's defense, the brake rotors I ordered from them are absolutely top-notch in every way. I can only imagine their headers are generally just as good. They're the most sold thing on their website.

Process control is hard, things are defective sometimes, and manufacturing processes aren't perfect. It is not impossible to receive a pair of defective headers. It seems they are willing to fix it. I plan on ordering these headers from them some day. Major maintenance things come first

The headers you received are not acceptable from the pictures, and BimmerBrakes is willing to replace them if you aren't satisfied. Good customer service is accepting the fact that process defects occur rarely (in general, these errors are attempted to be set to happen approximately 0.00034%), and fulfilling the customer's needs with either a full refund or a new item. Again, very rare, but a defect can happen, and that is why process control charts exist. It could be that they had a bad batch, and the process control chart is not the way it should be.

Last edited by Zell; 05-12-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Zell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #34
UdubBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago - Missing Madison
Posts: 130
My Ride: 04 IR/IR 6MT M3
I've also heard from other customers that cylinders 3-6 were misaligned and they needed to take it to a muffler shop to weld in a fix. Is this common with these?
__________________
2004 E46 ///M3
Imola/Imola

3 pedals
UdubBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #35
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
In BimmerBrake's defense, the brake rotors I ordered from them are absolutely top-notch in every way. I can only imagine their headers are generally just as good. They're the most sold thing on their website.

Process control is hard, things are defective sometimes, and manufacturing processes aren't perfect. It is not impossible to receive a pair of defective headers. It seems they are willing to fix it. I plan on ordering these headers from them some day. Major maintenance things come first

The headers you received are not acceptable from the pictures, and BimmerBrakes is willing to replace them if you aren't satisfied. Good customer service is accepting the fact that process defects occur rarely (in general, these errors are attempted to be set to happen approximately 0.00034%), and fulfilling the customer's needs with either a full refund or a new item. Again, very rare, but a defect can happen, and that is why process control charts exist. It could be that they had a bad batch, and the process control chart is not the way it should be.
As I said before the customer service was top notch. I was given a refund. I understand manufacturing defects. I am just sharing my story, to help others.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #36
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrakes View Post
Since, we bought the Ebay headers that you took off. We compared them. They runners were smaller and etc. After my trip, I will be posting pics of what I am talking about.



If you have asked for pics inside the Pipes I would have sent them. Also for the price of these headers you are expecting alot. Should have gone with SS or the One you have currently.



Order has been process and will be shipping in a couple of days.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
Any update? Any dynos? Maybe we can merge the Gen 3 style headers into this thread. I missed what you are talking about! Educate us, what are we buying. We aren't buying the pictures you are posting. Seems odd UdubBadger has a lot to say in this old thread.. as he was the testing platform for the Gen 3's. What does everyone think? 3 weeks later no dyno? http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...8#post14920838

Last edited by xixixi; 11-23-2012 at 10:11 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #37
lab rat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,138
My Ride: '02 330iT
My experience with BB is pretty good. I got pretty decent headers for the price. The customer service is incredible. In fact the first shippment of o2 simms got lost in transit. Anthony sent me new pair free of charge.
Now onto the bad stuff. I could not get o2 sims to work. But that could be just me.
__________________
Because sleeper.
lab rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #38
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,568
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Any update? Any dynos? Maybe we can merge the Gen 3 style headers into this thread. I missed what you are talking about! Educate us, what are we buying. We aren't buying the pictures you are posting. Seems odd UdubBadger has a lot to say in this old thread.. as he was the testing platform for the Gen 3's. What does everyone think? 3 weeks later no dyno? http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...8#post14920838


Also interested in any progress that has been made.

Projected improvement update deadlines are due.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #39
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrakes View Post
Since, we bought the Ebay headers that you took off. We compared them. They runners were smaller and etc. After my trip, I will be posting pics of what I am talking about.



If you have asked for pics inside the Pipes I would have sent them. Also for the price of these headers you are expecting alot. Should have gone with SS or the One you have currently.



Order has been process and will be shipping in a couple of days.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
Friendly 8 month bump, I hope the vendors of this forum are willing to stand by what they claim. If not, I hope those that are taking the sponsorship money. Pull the plug, don't get sucked into shady marketing. I've owned this product, I sent it back.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use