E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #21
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46JAB View Post
What happened to your inner-fender liner? Does your obc say -40? Looks like you are missing everything behind your bumper. Just curious.
What is OBC? And the fender lining was falling out from the previous owner, idk how or why, but I just took it out because it was falling off and looked horrible and was rubbing against the wheel.

EDIT: Oh are you talking about the thermostat or whatever? Because I do think that it say's -40? I'll have to look when I get in the car again though. My AC is broken so I thought that was why the temperature was off. I have no idea though. I have much to learn

Last edited by domcreates; 05-25-2012 at 01:32 AM.
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #22
chorizo

My Ride: E3SIXXX///
we love you dominic g
can i swap a 3.0 out of a bmw 2002 325 into a 1997 528 series
chorizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #23
e46JAB

My Ride: Titan over Tannin
OBC is on board computer, and your thermostat for outside temp is located in front of the driver's side wheel. When it is broken or missing it says -40 degrees. So sounds like you are missing that. Has no relation to AC.

Outside temp sensor attaches to part #8 in diagram below, right above the #7:

Last edited by e46JAB; 05-25-2012 at 01:39 AM.
e46JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #24
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
first of all... more pics of your friend
second, are those centric coated rotors? how many miles do you have on them? i'm looking for a coated rotor that actually stays rust proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoooty View Post
They aren't staying rust proof haha, they are pretty rusty in the holes and slots right now Working great though
Please tell me you're both ****ing kidding right?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #25
e46JAB

My Ride: Titan over Tannin
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Lowww View Post
Old 05-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #26
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
What?
Old 05-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #27
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Oh...dom is back haha. Nice progress though, howcome you sold those miros you had on before? I think a HID retrofit would update your car alot, in for progress oh and no more plasti dip

Edit: Dont worry about the fender liners, I finally got mine a year after owning my car haha, one side was missing and the other side was loose and torn up lol. Get a pair from autogeek for like $30

Last edited by BBBoy323i; 05-25-2012 at 04:57 AM.
BBBoy323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #28
Laguna01///M3
OG PapaSmurf

My Ride: Grigio Medio E46 M3
Quote:
OBC is on board computer, and your thermostat for outside temp is located in front of the driver's side wheel. When it is broken or missing it says -40 degrees. So sounds like you are missing that. Has no relation to AC.

Just an FYI. When my outside temp sensor broke, and the OBC said -40, my AC didnt work. Dealer said this was due to the car thinking it was -40 outside. Once my temp sensor was fixed, AC worked perfect again.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #29
LoveBeingUseless

My Ride: 2003 325i Sedan
....Guys... It's called an ambient air temperature sensor... It defaults to -40 when the kombi sees an open circuit for the ambient air temp sensor....

For more updates, Follow me on Instagram! @LoveBeingUseless
LoveBeingUseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #30
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
So is this your third or fourth 323i that you have built up? looks fvcking sweet bruh. different from the others!

Last edited by simsima325; 05-25-2012 at 11:34 AM.
simsima325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #31
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
So is this your third or fourth 323i that you have built up? looks fvcking sweet bruh. different from the others!
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #32
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
*whooty image removed, lets keep this work safe*

That's WHOOTY!

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058

Last edited by simsima325; 05-25-2012 at 12:04 PM.
BigDRick323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #33
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:

Oh ok, thanks for the info! I'm not too worried about knowing the temperature though so i'll just leave it for now

Quote:
¿Que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
Oh...dom is back haha. Nice progress though, howcome you sold those miros you had on before? I think a HID retrofit would update your car alot, in for progress oh and no more plasti dip

Edit: Dont worry about the fender liners, I finally got mine a year after owning my car haha, one side was missing and the other side was loose and torn up lol. Get a pair from autogeek for like $30
Got rid of the miros because I wanted to stay as low as possible and 9.5 in the front wouldn't let me do that. I'll look into getting new fender liners Also in the plans is the projector retrofit, but that won't happen for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna01///M3 View Post
Just an FYI. When my outside temp sensor broke, and the OBC said -40, my AC didnt work. Dealer said this was due to the car thinking it was -40 outside. Once my temp sensor was fixed, AC worked perfect again.
Good info but my AC is broken because the belt wore/melted off during a hot day and long drive last summer The mechanic wants $800 to fix it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingUseless View Post
....Guys... It's called an ambient air temperature sensor... It defaults to -40 when the kombi sees an open circuit for the ambient air temp sensor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDRick323 View Post
*whooty image removed, lets keep this work safe*

That's WHOOTY!
What haha?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #34
Arman

My Ride: 2006 AW M3 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoooty View Post

Oh heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty is simply divine and everlasting, I would love to be your knight in shining armor.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #35
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post

ITT: guy doesn't know what an on board computer is, doesn't know why things are broken, doesn't fix the broken things, says he has much to learn, but spends more time figuring out what other budget parts he can put on his car while it dies a slow, agonizing, death.

Last edited by mtnbound; 05-25-2012 at 01:18 PM.
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #36
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post

ITT: guy doesn't know what an on board computer is, doesn't know why things are broken, doesn't fix the broken things, says he has much to learn, but spends more time figuring out what other budget parts he can put on his car while it dies a slow, agonizing, death.
You've said everything there is to be said.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #37
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
Quote:

You must not be familiar with the legend of DomG. Everything you said is correct.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #38
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:

I actually just spent upwards of $2000 on maintenance that was being saved for wheels and body parts. So you don't really know what you're talking about bud. If I didn't have all that maintenance to take care of, which I did and I did take care of, then you would see brand new wheels, tires, rear bumper and arqray lip.

I had to fix the rear wheel bearing, passenger window, and a lot of the front suspension.

I don't see the need to spend $800 on AC when I can just open my windows. Is not having an AC going to negatively impact me somehow? Please enlighten me

On tuesday I'm fixing my rear left bushing because it is making an awful squeeking noise.

It sucks to do maintenance but I know you have to do it. Except for the AC, I don't see why I need to fix that for such an outrageous amount of money. If I feel the need to have an AC then i'll save up to fix it.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #39
StrummerE46

My Ride: 330ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to StrummerE46
moar pix of girl

braucht mehr low
StrummerE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #40
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Facepalm