E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 05:52 AM   #301
ADBMW

My Ride: 04 330i
PM sent
ADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #302
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
wish i had more things for you to paint ayed
Old 05-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #303
liquiddawn

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Thanks for pming me prices on the bumper and mirrors I need painted Ayed. As soon as I get them, I'll contact you to get them painted!
liquiddawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #304
Mango
Grand Superpatriot Sport+

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDrifter View Post
Hi there, I remember you, if im not mistaken I painted your bumper almost a year ago, infact, I found your post. You requested to pick up the bumper BEFORE it even had a chance to dry. And I had informed you that you NEEDED A NEW BUMPER because you bumper was shitty. Infact you agreed it was a shitty bumper and you said you were in the Market for an mtech II bumper. So do me a favor, if your going to be an ******* and post s**t on my tread, atleast get your facts straight. And no, I will not be doing anymore work for you as you can go Screw yourself. I help anyone, and everyone on the forums, but if you insist on picking up wet bumpers which I strongly reccomend againt, than come to me 8 months later stating that it was due to my paint jobs. Well I got nothing else to say to ppl like you. Have a nice day
If you don't remember, well Here is your previous post:
LOL whoa. you better watch your mouth. you definitely don't want to bark up this tree. trust me.

your paint job had flakes on it before I even got home that day. In fact, I have high-resolution pics of the bumper the day I got home complete with date stamps. do you really want to go this route? I was simply giving you a chance to redeem yourself and your work.

I texted you three weeks after your paint job and asked you why it was already flaking so bad. You said "rock chips, bro" which is BS because I don't tailgate or track my car.

I also didn't tell the forum of your crappy paint job on my friend's M3 bumper. You forgot to clearcoat the left side and it looks like ass.

Go ahead. Get me started. I dare you. Act mature and I'll act mature. If not, be prepared.

Maybe I should just post photos tonight of your "paint job"

Would anybody like to see my MTECH I bumper how it sits a year later?

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #305
Mango

Also don't blame your paint job on my bumper being "sh!tty," you can clearly see in my sig that it's not. What does that have to do with your paint job anyway? What does it mean to have a sh!tty bumper? Just trying to make a personal attack? Your paint job had a year to dry. It's still chipping severely. I commute 10 miles to work every day.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #306
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
I use to paint, so I understand what happens when a customer picks product up that hasnt even dried. Same thing happened to me, what made me more mad is that I was making chump change at what I charged him. Cut me a break, I did it as a hobby lol. It's like complaining over free food, but I don't know the situation between mango and ayed. I just hope this isn't a "pay cheap expect showroom status" situation haha.

You should put a disclaimer, or warranty in your first post. As for most of the people I have met actually recommended me to ayed to have my quarter panels touched up from rubbing so much.

Last edited by choleaoum; 05-25-2012 at 08:08 PM.
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #307
AlexTe46

My Ride: 2001>325i>sedan
how much for some sideskirts?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #308
Mango

Quote:
Originally Posted by choleaoum View Post
I use to paint, so I understand what happens when a customer picks product up that hasnt even dried. Same thing happened to me, what made me more mad is that I was making chump change at what I charged him. Cut me a break, I did it as a hobby lol. It's like complaining over free food, but I don't know the situation between mango and ayed. I just hope this isn't a "pay cheap expect showroom status" situation haha.

You should put a disclaimer, or warranty in your first post. As for most of the people I have met actually recommended me to ayed to have my quarter panels touched up from rubbing so much.
I dropped off the bumpers at 10am and picked them up around 3-4pm after my friend got done with his auto cross (his car also being painted by Ayed bumperless) I got chips on the way home. Maybe 3 or 4. How long does it take to dry? A day? Ok. Subtract 3-4 chips from the thousands of chips I have. Fair?

Bad excuse. Paint job plain sucks.

Here it is when I brought it home on September 17, 2011 -- the same day Ayed painted it. One or two chips? Can you see any?

Looks Ok, right?

Bimmerfest. May 19, 2012. So in 251 days after Ayed's paint job, this is what happens.

Looks way worse in person. Everybody always asks me what happened.

Here's how 10 years of paint looked on the bumper BEFORE I took it to Ayed. It looked BETTER than it does now!! Taken July 29, 2011

I politely asked him via text. Blew off. Via PM. Ignored. and Via thread nicely. Then Ayed tells me my car is a POS and to screw off. Very professional.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 05-25-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #309
Mango

I think these speak for themselves:

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #310
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by choleaoum View Post

cholea ayed is the guy that painted my front and rear bumper also the side of my car .. i would says its a 9.5/10 i don't know where the other .5 is missing buts hard to give a perfect lol .. e46 mango man i don't want to get in the middle of this but I've had 5 things painted by ayed and all have been perfect. i can see him having a hick up every once in a blue moon but not very rarely hope you guys get it figured out :thumb up:

ps maybe there was some bad paint parts but picking up a wet bumper

Last edited by Steven747; 05-25-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #311
Mango

Ayed said it would be fine. it had been sitting out in the direct sun for a few hours. even then, as you can see from the pics, the bumper was fine when i got home. only 2 or 3 chips. the paint was "dried" by then. that doesn't excuse how the front end looks currently. look at the pics.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #312
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

How much did you pay? Honestly, in my real honest opinion that is a great job for someone who does this for a side hobby for some extra cash. I am not here to take sides, but the the match looks very good and overall looks great. The reason it chipped easy is probably the clearcoat was a cheaper quality, but I was expecting fat flakes lol. I took my car to a shop out here in Cerritos, 2 weeks later paint literally FLAKED off. Like fat chunks the size of dollar bills. This is coming from a another painter (me) and I know what's involved and how hard it is to please everybody.

Again, you said you were picky so you should have taken it to a really top of the line shop haha. I'm not here to pick arguements, just adding my 2 cents. I mean you are also comparing an aftermarket paint job to a OEM paint job, you yourself should know that OEM quality is usually the best. Other then that your car looks great though, those rock chips are hardly anything to pick a fight over. It could have been worst, I'm probably just that optimistic lol or maybe I just have had worst paint work done on my previous cars lol.

Theres always two sides to a story, so again I'm not here picking sides or arguements just trying to level things out.

Last edited by choleaoum; 05-25-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #313
superbmwy2k

My Ride: old beemer
Lol.. Youngster on here are getting all gangsta up and krazy. lol... F-cken dumb asses... Flmao....

No Need to Kick a Man while he is Down - That's Just Cowardly!!

Last edited by superbmwy2k; 05-26-2012 at 02:23 AM.
superbmwy2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #314
Sofresh2Clean

My Ride: ...
I wish I was Cali so bad. You guys always have the best stuff (except 93 oct gas no offense). I want my bumpers painted by this guy... I feel like such a loser reading this thread while knowing I cant get my bumpers painted.... Well.. unless I................................ ok sending pm
Sofresh2Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #315
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngproexec View Post
I wish I was Cali so bad. You guys always have the best stuff (except 93 oct gas no offense). I want my bumpers painted by this guy... I feel like such a loser reading this thread while knowing I cant get my bumpers painted.... Well.. unless I................................ ok sending pm
lol
Old 05-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #316
Mango

Right and I learned my lesson. I actually did a paint job myself with a compressor and high quality paint nozzle. I bought the base and clear (dupont) did all the prep work and it came out FLAWLESS on my Honda Civic. NEVER chipped to this day. Front bumper on a slammed civic. 10 years later to this day my friend has that car and the bumper looks perfect.

Go figure on my first try as a hobbyist (18 years old 10 years ago) i get it perfect. Again, if he wants to deny a respray, fine by me. But he came out guns firing telling me to screw off? No. We don't go there.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #317
BMWDrifter

My Ride: M3's/M5
* I never got any texts or PM's from you, only comments on the treads
*you cam to my shop and asked if I can respray your bumper, (which you didnt tell me was damaged), I took one look at it and told you the scracthes/scuffs/rockchips are TOO DEEP, this needs to be rplaced
you said just to respray it because it was temporary untill you got a new mtech2 bumper
*I USE DUPONT CHROMACLEAR coat
*I barley make money off of this side job, I do it mostly to help out guys
*For your bumper, I did body work, and paint on it, and you only bay me $170 LOL
*I do not "watch my mouth" for anyone, I speak the truth, and I'm not afraid of anyone
* you are not worth the time it takes me to read or reply to your posts. so from here on out. I am IGNORING all of your posts.

Last edited by BMWDrifter; 05-26-2012 at 02:13 AM.
BMWDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #318
superbmwy2k

My Ride: old beemer
Lol... You better give him a respray Ayed. Hes gonna be on your ass... Lol. Oh ya thanks bud for spraying my stuff. I owe you one..

No Need to Kick a Man while he is Down - That's Just Cowardly!!
superbmwy2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #319
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

You know it tommy, we keep it hood homie g skillet locc dog. 170? Dammmmmmmn. I should get my bumpers resprayed but its scraped like no tommarow on the bottom. Someone doesn't want to sell me his mtech2 lip.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #320
Mango

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDrifter View Post
* I never got any texts or PM's from you, only comments on the treads
*you cam to my shop and asked if I can respray your bumper, (which you didnt tell me was damaged), I took one look at it and told you the scracthes/scuffs/rockchips are TOO DEEP, this needs to be rplaced
you said just to respray it because it was temporary untill you got a new mtech2 bumper
*I USE DUPONT CHROMACLEAR coat
*I barley make money off of this side job, I do it mostly to help out guys
*For your bumper, I did body work, and paint on it, and you only bay me $170 LOL
*I do not "watch my mouth" for anyone, I speak the truth, and I'm not afraid of anyone
* you are not worth the time it takes me to read or reply to your posts. so from here on out. I am IGNORING all of your posts.
No. You charged my friend and I $200 each. We both gave you $200. Don't let me make him come here and confirm that.

Even if it were true that the scuffs/scratches/rockchips/etc were too deep, what does that have to do with your paint chipping/flaking 251 days later?

You're offering services for a fee and I asked you nicely to address my dissastisfaction. How am I not worth your time?

You don't speak the truth. You told 3 or 4 lies alone in the above post. I never texted you? Don't let me pull my carrier text-logs. I'm an investigator by profession, I can back up any information I say and get any information I want. Lets not go down this road.

At this point, I don't want you anywhere near my car. I will also recommend to my personal friends NOT to let you touch their cars. You already lost at least $600. Was $30 in paint and one hour of your time worth that? Don't expect this to stop now. You could have politely just declined my request. But I guess you decided to take a different route.

You get what you pay for.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS