E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 168 votes, 4.43 average.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #260661
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
In 2000, I was 15. While it's feasible I had an oracle of a grandfather who had the foresight to gift me a stock of hicaps so that 10 years later I could purchase a gun and use them, convincing 12 peers might be difficult.

If I were to go to the range with a 36rnd glock hicap, there is a decent chance that I may get some questions from a leo who's shooting next to me. even more than that, I'd LOVE to have 30rnd .22 mags but tactical .22s already draw attention because they have the "dangerous" features.

I'd love to buy my GF a highcap for her new gun but any scenario involves me coaching her to lie carefully to law enforcement, so that if anything ever happens we can pay an attorney tons of cash to not see a day in court
It's a cunning plan!
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #260662
-Jay-

My Ride: 06 X3 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to -Jay-
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
If I looked up "Buzz Killington" in the Urbandictionary, I would find a picture of you. You don't belong in OT.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #260663
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Scooty Puff Jr

goood morning
Drew@Swift Motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #260664
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Sheep dogs and 10 min knife videos, that's why I dont like nutnfancy.

Also its not illegal if you "find" hi cap mags, the burden is on the prosecution and they almost never bother charging people.

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #260665
Devious21

My Ride: is topless
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
Sheep dogs and 10 min knife videos, that's why I dont like nutnfancy.
Seems kind of superficial but fair enough. I like him because when you're looking to buy gear, that 20 minute review is very thorough. When I'm trying to get a better picture of something I can't hold in my hands, I think he does a very good job of conveying it to you.

Quote:
Also its not illegal if you "find" hi cap mags, the burden is on the prosecution and they almost never bother charging people.
Back to the same thing. If I could legally "find" them, that would be the best way to acquire them. But unluckily, I've just never stumbled upon any. So we are talking about illegally acquiring them and lying to law enforcement in hopes that they don't feel like charging you.

The problem is, cops don't know the gun laws (surprise). If they come over and ask you to see the mag and you say "It's not illegal to possess hi-capacity magazines", of course they aren't just going to go "oh ok, carry on". And when they ask you where you got it, the "I found it" probably won't go over well. I'm sure drug dealers with stolen guns use that one all the time. At that point, you're at risk of losing your 2nd amendment right forever. It's now in the hands of lawyers, which means time and money.

If me buying one for my GF means I have to coach her to not say anything incriminating and call this lawyer if anything happens, I'm obviously not going to get her one.

Maybe people are more crazy about it the closer you get to SF because over here, we don't screw around. It's crazy liberal here.

Devious21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #260666
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Scooty Puff Jr
Dangle date
Drew@Swift Motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #260667
325inthe510

That feel when I Walmart in the central valley sells ammo

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Bimmer App

Old 05-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #260668
mkodama

Quote:
how do you legally obtain hicap magazines if you're not military or cop? Pretty sure you can't.
There is actually a little loophole where you can buy high capacity magazines from armored transport companies or something like that. They have the ability to purchase and distribute weapons, parts, and ammunition. Also I think there is the usual buying through a police officer, which goes through all rules as well.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #260669
mkodama

Quote:
That feel when I Walmart in the central valley sells ammo

Had to reread that a few times.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #260670
mkodama

Quote:
That's why u gotta get tactical .22

Besides 10rnd mags, it doesn't have to comply with the restrictions centerfire rifles do.
But .22 is almost too small and too practical. I need something more obscure. *hipsterzombiekiller*

Old 05-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #260671
325inthe510

Quote:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? Iíll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Iíve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Iím the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youíre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thatís just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ďcleverĒ comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnít, you didnít, and now youíre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youíre fucking dead, kiddo.

That's my favorite pasta

Old 05-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #260672
mkodama

Where do you even get copypasta like that?

Old 05-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #260673
Devious21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
There is actually a little loophole where you can buy high capacity magazines from armored transport companies or something like that. They have the ability to purchase and distribute weapons, parts, and ammunition. Also I think there is the usual buying through a police officer, which goes through all rules as well.
I know about the armored car thing. I have yet to find one that will sell though . Probably because it would be too expensive to defend against and it's not worth it.

I haven't heard the LEO hicap one. Pretty sure that's not legal. They can sell you offroster weapons though. There's a LEO loophole for that.

Quote:
But .22 is almost too small and too practical. I need something more obscure. *hipsterzombiekiller*
Try 17hmr. Like .22 but more hipster.

They even come in hipster colors.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #260674
325inthe510

Old 05-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #260675
Devious21

Those go well with this gun
http://thegunstorelasvegas.com/wp-co...mbie-ar-15.jpg

Old 05-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #260676
B_Cyrus
Banned User

Quote:
Where do you even get copypasta like that?
don't tell him guys. He will find our sources and killington them with his buzz.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #260677
mkodama

Quote:
I know about the armored car thing. I have yet to find one that will sell though . Probably because it would be too expensive to defend against and it's not worth it.

I haven't heard the LEO hicap one. Pretty sure that's not legal. They can sell you offroster weapons though. There's a LEO loophole for that.

[IMG]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/jeremey06/IMG_0163.jpg[/IMG
.17hmr is such a tiny little bullet with so little energy, along with the 22lr. Zombies be like "teh fack was that? dunno. keep eating brains."

Old 05-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #260678
mkodama

Quote:
don't tell him guys. He will find our sources and killington them with his buzz.
Oh, I has buzz nao? How sweet.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #260679
B_Cyrus
Banned User

Quote:

[IMG]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/jeremey06/IMG_0163.jpg[/IG]

I love intricate wood.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #260680
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
About to visit Wes in "England".

Sent from my LG-E739 using Bimmer App

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
>implying the e9x is good, '02-'05 grandpas, '06 gods, '07 og's, '08 n00bs, '09 working class, '10 plebeians, '11 master race, '11 peasants, class of, norcal, norcal gen chaaaaat, norcal general chat