E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #121
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
dat der acne
bro that's not acne that's your nipples
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #122
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
I saw a guy at the gym today with my goal physique. I was mirin, he probably thought I was gay but his ROM was really good. Motivated me to focus on ROM and did some HIIT today and felt like a really good work out. Hopefully by drinking tonight I'm not throwing out all my gains.
Diet has been really good. Starting to eat more fish, less red meat and fast food. For example my dinner (well post workout meal) was probiotic yoghurt, BC salmon, white rice, chickpeas, red beans, and a glass of apple juice diluted with water 50/50
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #123
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Why less red meat. And toss the apple juice. Are your goals primarily to look good?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #124
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Why less red meat. And toss the apple juice. Are your goals primarily to look good?
Red meat = more bad fats, but red meat is pretty broad. I'm on a deer binge. Great stuff, no fats
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #125
electric130

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
I'm on a deer binge. Great stuff, no fats
love me some venison! got about 20 lbs in the freezer right now!

electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #126
SW222
Banned User

My Ride: is silver and slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric130 View Post
love me some venison! got about 20 lbs in the freezer right now!
Can you describe the taste for me? I'm not a big fan of game but I keep hearing people say venison is good. I can't even stand the slight, mild gamey taste of beef jerky :ROFL:

Sent from Jack Bauer.
SW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #127
SW222
Banned User

My Ride: is silver and slow.
I can only bench 90 lbs five times max, am I weaksauce??

Sent from Jack Bauer.
SW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #128
bwallace530

My Ride: 325
You need too eat a lot more if you want good gains

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #129
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
Red meat = more bad fats, but red meat is pretty broad. I'm on a deer binge. Great stuff, no fats
While its not advisable to eat a ton of red meat, eating no red meat is equally unhealthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #130
bwallace530

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
While its not advisable to eat a ton of red meat, eating no red meat is equally unhealthy.
+1

Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #131
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW222 View Post
Can you describe the taste for me? I'm not a big fan of game but I keep hearing people say venison is good. I can't even stand the slight, mild gamey taste of beef jerky :ROFL:

Sent from Jack Bauer.
If you think jerky is gamey, you will not like venison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #132
bwallace530

If you make the deer jerky right and cure it in the right brine it has no gamey taste at all.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #133
electric130

My Ride: 2002 330i
most of the time, the gamey flavor is dependent on how the animal was treated after being shot. key things is to get the blood drained out and the meat cooled off quick. the last deer i got meat from, my wife and kids didn't even know they were eating deer. they thought it was beef.

electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #134
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Venison sausages are amazing one of my contractors used to bring some in from wisconsin along with Wisconsin cheese curds

Last edited by zikhkd; 05-28-2012 at 11:03 AM.
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #135
IB RearWheelin

My Ride: Rental...for now.
You need to follow the pyramid. Eat red meat...not a lot, but a decent amount. If you are doing a PCT (which you should), you really need to eat to build mass. For all of you "natural builders", eating higher quality foods is very important.
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #136
HellRaiser1

My Ride: 2004 M3
Only read the first 3 pages so forgive me if I'm being redundant.

If you are just starting be proud of any head way and know that it takes years upon years upon years to make solid clean dense muscle gains

I am now 28, when I first got into the world of bodybuilding I was 17 and ignorant . With little importance on nutrition, I spent the first year working only on the beach body parts, chest arms abs etc.....everyday. It was no surprise why I couldn't gain much.

It wasn't until a year later I started educating myself , absorbing and living on bb.com , and eating a shitton of food , the majority of my daily calories RIGHT after workout , that I'd pack on the serious serious muscle pounds.

Long story short, cut to the chase- Eat HEAVY, eat heavy , eat heavy, then eat some more. You're ecto like me so you can afford to dirty it up a bit and sneak in some dirty calories.

Keep protein at 1g per lb of weight, and carbs at 3-3.5g per lb of body weight. As for calories , I'd tack on 500 or so + 15 x whatever your weight is, and incrementally keep adding .

Water is also super important to growth, water is the building block of the human body . It also goes hand and hand with muscle glycogen. ( I believe it's 1 g of carb / glycogen binds with 3 g of water) . So the glycogen will not stick without water and the water won't stick without the glycogen (carbs turned to muscle energy). This is why I feel sooooo pumped up when I eat a ton of carbs after AND a ton of water..... But never with just one, it had to be both.

Lastly as far as training goes.....
Train like you are a 400 lb linebacker

Forget about what the magazines say, what everyone else says , all these maxes and rules etc etc etc...... Literally kill yourself in the gym... Go slightly heavier than what you're used to, move slightly impossible weight...... Train as if you are training for the Olympia. Only then will your body be like "oh sht, I better start changing up to par, I can't keep up with this heavy ass crap!!"

Also forget about bullsht little body parts like biceps and things like that...... Traumatized yourself with heavy ass squats , heavy ass deadlifts , heavy barbell press , heavy bench, lunges , leg press, clean jerk . Anything that's traumatizing and uses more than one muscle group should be your main focus . This shock and trauma to the body has been proven to release lots of testosterone and growth hormone naturally. When you're body is also traumatized , is also the time to give it 928483899993 calories...... So it can alllllll be shuttled towards muscle growth , those poor damaged muscles that are begging for nutrients and repair.

Also it's usually the exercises that we absolutely hate and don't wanna do are the ones that are best for us. For example to this day, I still hate squats. So I do them to the point of anguish and agony .

Be masochistic- train to pain and failure , only then will your body truly transform and break out of its shell so to speak, even if it's just a little bit.

To Do List:

- eat 15 x body weight lbs + 500 as a starting gauge , increase cals weekly
Carbs 3.5g per bw lbs, protein 1g per bw lbs

- drink a gallon of water daily, don't skip this !

-supplements to a minimum , I only use serious mass , some creatine, bcaas, and multi vitamin

- biggest meals are breakfast and post workout

- lift and train like you're a big fat line backer

- focus on compound lifts

- don't sacrifice form, but go nearly too gaddam heavy

- feel the pump

- watch pumping iron on a loop

Yours truly,
Geo
HellRaiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #137
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Pretty good post Geo. I'm pretty much on the same thought process as you.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #138
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Geo I appreciate your post.

2900 cals, going to try to keep this up

probably drink more!

-supplements to a minimum , I only use serious mass , some creatine, bcaas, and multi vitamin
check

half check. My breakfasts are always half ass. I'm dairy and gluten free as much as possible. Also have a food sensitivity to eggs (which is likely to get better after I get off gluten). All the traditional breakfast foods are a no go

how do I lift so heavy without a workout partner / spot? During the school year I do, but in the summers I go to a gym that none of my friends go to. Maybe I will have to ask strangers for spots...

check

- feel the pump
CHECK

yesss
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #139
bwallace530

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
Geo I appreciate your post.

2900 cals, going to try to keep this up

probably drink more!

check

half check. My breakfasts are always half ass. I'm dairy and gluten free as much as possible. Also have a food sensitivity to eggs (which is likely to get better after I get off gluten). All the traditional breakfast foods are a no go

how do I lift so heavy without a workout partner / spot? During the school year I do, but in the summers I go to a gym that none of my friends go to. Maybe I will have to ask strangers for spots...

check

- feel the pump
CHECK

yesss
When I was lifting I had to take in 4000 cal a day or I would not gain at all. I have too eat a ton to see any gains.

But everyone's body is different. What works for one person might not work for another.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #140
HellRaiser1

My Ride: 2004 M3
The reason why breakfast is so important is because you want to avoid being In a catabolic state (especially as ectos like us) you wanna be in anabolic state 24/7. Which is why we eat carbs and protein every 3 hours. But over night you are fasting and starving yourself for up to 8 hours. You are wasting away so to speak at night. When you wake up you should eat ASAP. You wanna do everything you can to avoid being In a catabolic mode: eat every 3 hours and go to bed with a casein shake (slow absorbing protein for over night) I personally wake up have 2 cups of milk with 2 scoops of serious mass and peanut butter and some oj and I rush out the door. So I get that we don't usually have time in the am for a big elaborate breakfast . After my first 2 morning clients ill have an official breakfast usually ham egg cheese hero or roll , fruits , oatmeal, and oj again.

As a true hard gainer ecto , I prioritize eating over workouts, If I feel like I haven't eaten enough or kept my cals high, I won't dare workout because than it is counter productive and I am doing more harm than good, burning more calories working out and being in a deficit instead of overall surplus.

As far as spotters, you won't half ass a workout because you can't go your full potential, therefore ask a stranger , usually the most serious or disciplined looking guy in the place.
HellRaiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote