E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #441
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
a woulda love reach mi doops, but mi nuh know if mi oh tie up inna EOD school by den or wah.
Snik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #442
JamaicanBlueE46M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
a weh ya seh. when dat gwaan?
At least a year now.
JamaicanBlueE46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #443
Snik
OEM ///Member

a weh yaw seh. well at least a nuh long long time it happen, suh mi nuh feel suh lost up.
Cant imagine Falmouth a shot dem way deh tho, is always a place weh yuh just mek a one gas stop if yuh affi an move dung di line.

Wah drop een dis year still. mi nuh touch di place since 07 iya. need a recharge.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #444
Snik
OEM ///Member

Demand it...

Old 04-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #445
Snik
OEM ///Member

Excellent Reggae mix here. Covers a few decades of Reggae hits.
http://www.mediafire.com/?tlfj1cnj9cvtsb3
Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #446
Many330i

My Ride: 330i ZHP Silver
Who killed Peter Tosh and Garnett Silk?
Many330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #447
Snik
OEM ///Member

Dont know.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #448
Luna3
Banned User

My Ride: BMW
what am I watching now?
Luna3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #449
Snik
OEM ///Member

Ah. Don't know.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #450
Many330i

1. Why do several reggae singers sing about "repatriation to motherland" yet most end up either here in the States or UK?

2. What do Jamericans think of Obama and/or Colin Powell?

3. What's your take on the animosity directed mostly at Jamaicans by other island indies?

4. Does Usain Bolt come from the same tribe as Sizzla and Capleton?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #451
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many330i View Post
1. Why do several reggae singers sing about "repatriation to motherland" yet most end up either here in the States or UK?

2. What do Jamericans think of Obama and/or Colin Powell?

3. What's your take on the animosity directed mostly at Jamaicans by other island indies?

4. Does Usain Bolt come from the same tribe as Sizzla and Capleton?
1. Most? I wouldn't say most. A few hardcore Rastas do, those ones are still in Jamaica, some own property in Africa. Don't know if u notice, but Africa isnt exactly this wonderful place to live. But it's the ancestoral birthplace of all blacks.

2. Some are proud to say Colin has Jamaican roots, some don't care. Obama, same sh1t. Some are proud, some don't care. I personally dont give a sh1t about either. As theyre politicians, which means to me, they can't be trusted.

3. Don't know about this animosity u speak of. I've always heard the folks in the cayman don't like Jamaicans. Supposedly because we always take their women.
Bahamanians supposedly say we're showoffs and and like we're better than them, but ask anyone else from the Caribbean and that's what they say about them. And as far as I have always seen Haitians and Jamaicans don't get along. But they're exceptions.
As far as the other islands, I've never seen or heard of any bad vibes between.

Any other west Indians have a problem with jamaica they need to remember, if it wasnt for Jamaica and it's exports, people wouldn't know about anywhere else but Cuba and PR.

4. Tribe? We don't have tribes in Jamaica. We're a fairly modern country and not on that tribe BS. They're both Jamaicans. They're from different parts of the island.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #452
Many330i

Quote:
1. Most? I wouldn't say most. A few hardcore Rastas do, those ones are still in Jamaica, some own property in Africa. Don't know if u notice, but Africa isnt exactly this wonderful place to live. But it's the ancestoral birthplace of all blacks.

2. Some are proud to say Colin has Jamaican roots, some don't care. Obama, same sh1t. Some are proud, some don't care. I personally dont give a sh1t about either. As theyre politicians, which means to me, they can't be trusted.

3. Don't know about this animosity u speak of. I've always heard the folks in the cayman don't like Jamaicans. Supposedly because we always take their women.
Bahamanians supposedly say we're showoffs and and like we're better than them, but ask anyone else from the Caribbean and that's what they say about them. And as far as I have always seen Haitians and Jamaicans don't get along. But they're exceptions.
As far as the other islands, I've never seen or heard of any bad vibes between.

Any other west Indians have a problem with jamaica they need to remember, if it wasnt for Jamaica and it's exports, people wouldn't know about anywhere else but Cuba and PR.

4. Tribe? We don't have tribes in Jamaica. We're a fairly modern country and not on that tribe BS. They're both Jamaicans. They're from different parts of the island.
Interesting,...was actually in the Caymans on a 3-month stint when I learnt that Jamaicans are not really liked by other indies. But the Haitian dimension is what I had in mind after meeting some in the Caymans and here in the US. My take was it's more to do with language (French vs English) but wanted to hear from you.

Speaking of music, what's your take on the future direction of reggae as vastly parallel to the Marley and Burning Spear lyrics? I know reggae is major soft export commodity of Jamaica but have the earnings been holding up? And if Jamaica loses on the music exports, what's going to happen to the already high unemployment rate and prolly the social stability of the island?

Do you foresee Jamaica ever going to vote for a black president - I mean, are black people really taken seriously in Jamaica outside of music [and maybe sports]?

... and lastly, on a personal note, I read somewhere you said you are "naturalized", and you may have addressed this but I was just curious if you are proud to have? There are people, patriotic Jamaicans, who might feel betrayed by the subsequent brain drain of losing someone like you - do you have any apologies to make or how would you address their concerns if ever presented an opportunity to?

Last edited by Many330i; 05-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #453
chivo328

My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Quote:
a woulda love reach mi doops, but mi nuh know if mi oh tie up inna EOD school by den or wah.
Indian Head graduate here, good luck!
chivo328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #454
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
Doed you dad know your gay, or are you still in the closet?
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #455
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilseck21 View Post
Doed you dad know your gay, or are you still in the closet?
I don't talk to my dad. And it's you're not your.
But no, I'm not gay.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #456
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivo328 View Post
Indian Head graduate here, good luck!
Thanks. Can't wait man
Old 05-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #457
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many330i View Post
Interesting,...was actually in the Caymans on a 3-month stint when I learnt that Jamaicans are not really liked by other indies. But the Haitian dimension is what I had in mind after meeting some in the Caymans and here in the US. My take was it's more to do with language (French vs English) but wanted to hear from you.

Speaking of music, what's your take on the future direction of reggae as vastly parallel to the Marley and Burning Spear lyrics? I know reggae is major soft export commodity of Jamaica but have the earnings been holding up? And if Jamaica loses on the music exports, what's going to happen to the already high unemployment rate and prolly the social stability of the island?

Do you foresee Jamaica ever going to vote for a black president - I mean, are black people really taken seriously in Jamaica outside of music [and maybe sports]?

... and lastly, on a personal note, I read somewhere you said you are "naturalized", and you may have addressed this but I was just curious if you are proud to have? There are people, patriotic Jamaicans, who might feel betrayed by the subsequent brain drain of losing someone like you - do you have any apologies to make or how would you address their concerns if ever presented an opportunity to?
Think about that for a second.
Caymanians, who dont like Jamaicans, told you the other West Indians dont like Jamaicans. Do you really think they were being honest and fair?

2 types of reggae, dancehall and cultural reagge. Examples of dancehall, sean paul, bounty killer, beenier man. examples of cultural, sizzla, steven marley, damian marley, Protoje, jr kelly, etc... 2 very different types. Both huge, worldwide and in Jamaica.
Reggae music will never die, when its a hit here, and then next minute its not, its always in demand somewhere, be it europe or japan, africa, etc...
Look at Shaggy, hasnt had a reall big hit in the us in a while, yet in europe hes constantly on tour. Plus in Jamaica itself its always growing. Yes its a huge export but in Jamaica itself its even bigger, its like air to the people.

why would jamaicans have anything to do with the US elections? we are not like puerto rico, we are an independent country, we have our own money. Our political system is based in the Brit system as we gained independence from them, we have a prime minister. The current prime minister is a black woman, and weve have several black prime ministers in the past as well as white jamaican primi ministers. So of course blacks are taken seriously. The population is probably 90% black. It is a black country, thats what the black in the flag symbolises. The black people.

I initially decided to be natualized to get a US passport so i wouldnt be treated like an assumed drug smuggler when i travel, as you see that and get that feeling sometimes when you whip out the Jamaican passport. I dont care what anyone says aout it, i lived in Jamaica till age 21, you can brain wash the Jamaican out of me. Yes im more civil towards gays than most Jamaicans, but probably has more to do with how i was raised by my parents rather than a US influence.
I guess there may be some that think i sold out, but given the oppourtunity, those same ones would too, im sure. Life is tough in Jamaica. its a young country, there arent a lot of established social things in place like say here, or in UK, or so... then there is a crime rate. So while i miss there, and my heart will always be there, im quite fine with where i am, or Germany, so i couldnt care less what the nay sayers say.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #458
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
Quote:
I don't talk to my dad. And it's you're not your.
But no, I'm not gay.
Still in the closet ehh
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #459
Old Rum

My Ride: 04mtXI 02mtX5 13F30
batty bwoy
Old Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #460
Snik
OEM ///Member