E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
acpstunts

My Ride: E46 330ci / E53 X5
Non-M Radiator Solution

So i know there is a thread going on in FI forums, but not everyone frequents that for obvious reason soo.....some good news. Just got off the phone with mishimoto. Im going too be emailing him this link along along with some other info, and if all works well, they may use my car (I'm local) as a prototype for making a non m aluminum radiator solution for our cars. I think we should make an official list of who would be 100% in for one.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Only if there's an aluminum expansion tank attached
Old 05-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
acpstunts

I will forward that too them as well and see what we can make happen
Old 05-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Right now, I'm not that concerned about an aluminum radiator. My stocker has 165k on it and is still going. Sure, I've replaced every other cooling component, hah. Price would have to be pretty aggressive to compete. I'm not sure if I still want to drive my car when it has 330000 miles on it. Although, that'd be quite a milestone.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
Interesting

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
acpstunts

Just got an email back and its looking good!

Antonio,

Thanks for the E-mail!

I had a chance to discuss this with my Marketing team and they like the idea and the information you have shown them. At this time, we are tied up with a few projects that should be finished by fall 2012. The Marketing team will be happy to work on this and hope to begin developing around late fall, early winter 2012.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with!

Thanks,
Old 05-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
Jim Murphy

My Ride: 2006 E46 330Ci ZHP
I am glad that you are getting something moving as Mishimoto promised us the same thing quite awhile ago (the other thread). Your being local will carry more weight as you can show up at their office.
Besides being priced below OEM, it must be a direct bolt-in with the exception that it be all aluminum (no plastic tanks). Having more capacity - like a second row - is not critical and it may make it more difficult to fit easily.

If all this happens, I am in.

Jim
Next on my list: is it better to keep the clutch fan or replace it with an electric one?
Jim Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
acpstunts

Will definitely be following up on this on a regular basis, and ^^ electric fan for sure.. If you do plan on upgrading to a two row rad down the road, id invest in a spal slim fan or something along those lines. bimmerworld has some good options.