E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #141
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
I had posted pictures of this same car that I also tinted the tail lights on. However, I had also blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim for him as well to give it that shadowline look. Unlike BMW, Mercedes does not have the shadowline option from the factory, so the only way to get rid of it is to vinyl wrap it.

We went with matte black instead of gloss black for this car. Everything turned out really nicely with the matte black finish. I personally think getting rid of the chrome is one of the biggest changes you can do with the car, especially if you are blacking or or getting rid of the chrome on the rest of the car. The black window trim really gives it a sportier look. In addition to the window trim, I also blacked out the chrome on the back trunk handle. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills from Newport Beach / Orange County to have the work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 05-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #142
2005e46coupe

My Ride: 2005 325 Ci Coupe
Can you wrap E46 facelift coupe mirrors? If you have already mind posting some pics?
2005e46coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #143
serano99

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
Hey Don,

I'm looking to get a quote for a full roll of 1080 scotchprint 3M matte black vinyl. This should be enough to wrap my coupe right? Shoot me a pm, i'm wrapping my car next week!
serano99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #144
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Hey Don,

I emailed you , if you didn't got my email. Looking to get 3M carbon fiber di-noc vinyl for the interior. I don't need it for all the interior only for the 4 doors and probably a bit more just in case. Let me know.
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #145
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

What was your e-mail.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #146
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
My email is alonso6666@gmail.com
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #147
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005e46coupe View Post
Can you wrap E46 facelift coupe mirrors? If you have already mind posting some pics?
Not really practical to wrap mirrors, due to the shapes/curves of it.

-Don
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #148
e46cslsedan

My Ride: 2000 e46 328i
Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer hey don I have a 2000 bmw 328i I want to wrap the roof carbon fiber how much I'm in lynwood CA text me if u can 323-315-8471
e46cslsedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #149
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Text sent.

Sorry if I have not responded to PMs or e-mails as fast/quickly over the last week or so. I had a friend pass away. His name was Jonathan Pham. He was the person who got me into doing vinyl and the reason why I do vinyl wrapping today, so I had been busy attending to his passing.

I had this white Mercedes Benz C63 AMG sedan come by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of their car in my gloss black material to give it the panoramic roof look. I believe the owner of this car was from Los Angeles and drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to have the work done. I also did the side front bumper slats in the matte 3M carbon fiber di-noc material, which was a bit tricky to cut, since it had to be done freehand and there were no real lines/curves to follow. I forgot to take the before pictures, but I am sure you can imagine what a white roof would have looked like on this car before I vinyl wrapped the roof black.

Blacking out the chrome in either gloss or matte black vinyl to give it the shadowline look would really complete the look of this car imo and give it an aggressive look/stance.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 06-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #150
pilotpk

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
How much for enough matte black vinyl to completely wrap an e46?
pilotpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #152
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County from the Los Angeles area to have me lightly smoke / tint the tail lights on his black Mercedes Benz CLK55. In addition to the tail lights I also smoked / tinted the headlights and the side blinkers on the mirrors of his car. This light smoke / tint shade is nice, because it is not too dark and won't block out too much of the light output from the head/tail lights. Also, since this film material has a gloss finish to it, it'll give a shine to your headlights or tail lights again if they are a bit dull from age/wear.

Before:

Tinted / smoked inner smaller passenger side headlight:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #153
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Had this new body black Mercedes Benz CLS63 come by to have me black out the chrome / aluminum trim around the windows and back rear trunk handle chrome piece. We went with matte black finish material so that the trim pieces still accented the car and did not disappear completely into the body of the car. You can notice it when I take the pictures, the trim pieces still pop out a little bit in the pictures. It gives it a nice contrast if that's what you are trying to go for. The owner of this car was also from Orange County.

By blacking out the chrome it really makes the red calipers and other parts of the car pop more.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #154
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this blue F10 BMW 550i contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap the diffuser on his car with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material. He brought his car out to me in Orange County from around Riverside, for me do to the work on his car. Usually a lot of diffusers are not very practical to wrap due to their shapes/curves, which makes it hard for the vinyl to stick and stay conformed to over time. However, this one was fairly flat and there wasn't too much heat from around the exhaust areas on this car so that was a good thing as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #155
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this car wanted to have me wrap both the roof and the two side pillar pieces that run front the bottom of the front windshield to the back of the roof with my gloss black vinyl wrap material to give it the panoramic look. The gloss black vinyl wrap makes the roof continue and flow with the front/rear windshields pretty well. The owner of this car was from Irvine / Orange County also and brought his car over to me in Anaheim Hills to have the roof done. The tail lights were previously tinted / smoked by him beforehand, so that's not something I did.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #156
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I think I work on more AMG cars than non AMG cars when it comes to Mercedes, haha. I blacked out the chrome / aluminum window trim on this black Mercedes Benz C63 AMG with my matte black vinyl material to give it the shadowline look. Owner came out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to have the work done. I took some more detailed pictures of the corners and edges for those who were interested and asking me for them.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #157
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This gray / silver Mazda RX-8 came by to have me vinyl wrap the hood of his car with the 3M Di-Noc matte carbon fiber vinyl material to cover over his factory black hood that he had on there. The owner of this car drove up to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from San Diego county to have me do the vinyl work on his car. The weather was a bit over cast that day, so the carbon fiber weave in the vinyl did not stand out that much when photographed. From further away, the vinyl appears more of a solid flat/matte-ish and then when you get closer you start seeing the carbon fiber weaves in the vinyl.

As comparison, the eyelids on the headlights are real carbon fiber pieces.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #158
spoolinspoon

My Ride: 99 328i
Price for di-noc on shifter center console? Also matte black for window trim. E46 sedan

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
spoolinspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #159
Sknutson913

My Ride: 01 325i
PM'd
Sknutson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #160
dissto

My Ride: 04 m3
Send a message via ICQ to dissto Send a message via MSN to dissto
Don,
hope you do not mind me posting in your thread, as i purchased the wrap from you, however, since i live in canada and there was absolutely no way i could come out to see you. i had a local 'vinyl decal shop" install the roof wrap for me. with the extra 2 feet i had left over, i tried doing the wrapping myself on small objects and once i realized how amazing and easy to work with this stuff is, i did my fender vents, interior dash trim, as well as random objects around the house. items like lazer pointer, lap top, picture frames, and even my cell phone got a carbon fiber look to them. this stuff is increadible, both in looks and ease of working with it.
for anyone thinking about getting some vinyl from DON, DO IT! you will not be disapointed.
anyway, on with the pics....

my own idea CUSTOM fender gills:

2004 SMG ///M3, A08, SSR GT3 satin, ,ICONZ CSL Race Lip, V-CSL Trunk Lid, V-CSL Diffuser, Custom Made Full exhaust, tein s-techs... COMING SPRING 2013: Black BBS CH-R V-CSL Front Bumper, 3M Di-Noc Flat Carbon Fiber Roof, Side Gills, Mirror Caps....STAY TUBED for Updates..

Last edited by dissto; 06-26-2012 at 05:33 AM.
dissto is offline   Reply With Quote