E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #281
HellRaiser1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 677
My Ride: 2004 M3
Being sick is the worst! Especially when you have things to do and cant call out. You have to walk around pretending everything is fine and dandy , while your whole body is aching in pain and all you want is to die in bed.
HellRaiser1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #282
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,896
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
my favorite shoes!

They're a cool take on spectator shoes. What do you wear them for? Can you wear them with everyday work stuff, or just when you're out on the town?
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #283
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,596
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
They're a cool take on spectator shoes. What do you wear them for? Can you wear them with everyday work stuff, or just when you're out on the town?
they were my wedding shoes, haven't worn them since.
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #284
TiAg2247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 2,299
My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
I'm still lost on the acronym here. Lol.
__________________


Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313


Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #285
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,896
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
they were my wedding shoes, haven't worn them since.
You'll have to look for opportunities to wear them.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #286
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,170
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
I'm still lost on the acronym here. Lol.
it will take some time, but you'll get it
__________________
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #287
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,896
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Public service announcement: if you get a generic-looking envelope from Wells Fargo Bank, don't throw it away. It might just have a settlement check for $5,700 in it.

Excellent.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #288
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,077
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Public service announcement: if you get a generic-looking envelope from Wells Fargo Bank, don't throw it away. It might just have a settlement check for $5,700 in it.

Excellent.
Jackpot

Posted from Skyrocket using BimmerApp
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #289
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
It's a classic look. Did you tuck in the polo or wear it out?
Untucked.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #290
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
I'm thinking about replacing the leather wrapped buttons on my new Brooks Brothers SC.....I like how they look on the front, but on the cuffs they look overly loose. What are everyones thoughts on some tortoise shell buttons (if I can find any)? The SC looks like this....



You can see the leather wrapped buttons.....
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 06-12-2012 at 09:17 AM.
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #291
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,758
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Public service announcement: if you get a generic-looking envelope from Wells Fargo Bank, don't throw it away. It might just have a settlement check for $5,700 in it.

Excellent.
Great!
Better start opening all those wells Fargo letters I get. I did refinance last month and almost threw away a letter I got from the mortgage company my loan was sold to, that had my payment instructions in it. That wouldn't have been good, luckily for some reason I decided to open that one. I was getting spam letters about refinancing daily and thought this was another one of those.

Finally a day off(well kinda have to go one of the stores for an hour or 2 this morning) so I'll get to wear something other then trashed clothes.
Dark khakis
Green button down
Desert boots

Going to an awesome restaurant tonight so I'm excited about that, only one that I'll actually order seafood to eat.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #292
sgplayer69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,887
My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
Not a big fan of leather buttons. they seem a little "mothball smell in my grandfather's closet" to me. I say yay to tortoise shell
__________________
Coming Soon...?
sgplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #293
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
On a side note, it looks as if the wife and I might be going to Europe after Christmas and possibly over NYE. We'll be heading to Paris and Amsterdam for sure, and possibly Brussels, Bruge or London (one of those 3). The weather is rainy and chilly at that time of year. Any recommendations for some YMWDLOM approved waterproof boots? I was looking at some Vasque boots, but they are very trail oriented and not very style-forward.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
Not a big fan of leather buttons. they seem a little "mothball smell in my grandfather's closet" to me. I say yay to tortoise shell
Agreed
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #294
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,896
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Six client appointments today. Time to suit up, or just jacket and slacks? Decisions, decisions...
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #295
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 850
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Six client appointments today. Time to suit up, or just jacket and slacks? Decisions, decisions...
suit up, you rarely do it anymore
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #296
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
On a side note, it looks as if the wife and I might be going to Europe after Christmas and possibly over NYE. We'll be heading to Paris and Amsterdam for sure, and possibly Brussels, Bruge or London (one of those 3). The weather is rainy and chilly at that time of year. Any recommendations for some YMWDLOM approved waterproof boots? I was looking at some Vasque boots, but they are very trail oriented and not very style-forward.

Agreed
Style and price range? Do they need to be fully waterproof or just resistant?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #297
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Style and price range? Do they need to be fully waterproof or just resistant?
I almost PM'd you since you're the resident expert in all things boot related.

In reference to style, I would prefer something that I can wear outside of this trip....something casual enough to wear during the day, but can wear at night with a sport coat & a nice sweater.

In reference to price range, sub-$350ish. If it were north of that, it would have to be outstanding.

Water resistant will probably lend to a more versatile, broad number of options. I don't foresee going hiking in these as we'll be in urban environments. The most I'm concerned about is slushy snow/sleet, rain puddles and not walking around with wet feet all day.


I'm envisioning something leather with dainite soles, or something similar.....no leather souls.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #298
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 850
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I almost PM'd you since you're the resident expert in all things boot related.

In reference to style, I would prefer something that I can wear outside of this trip....something casual enough to wear during the day, but can wear at night with a sport coat & a nice sweater.

In reference to price range, sub-$350ish. If it were north of that, it would have to be outstanding.

Water resistant will probably lend to a more versatile, broad number of options. I don't foresee going hiking in these as we'll be in urban environments. The most I'm concerned about is slushy snow/sleet, rain puddles and not walking around with wet feet all day.


I'm envisioning something leather with dainite soles, or something similar.....no leather souls.
I see no problem with getting "regular" leather boots (with your options) if you condition them and treat them leather will repel water, certainly snow and slush too. Look more at construction and where any gaps are that could let in water.

__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #299
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,077
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
I would up the budget and go for Cordovan boots
They stand up to the elements better than regular leather


Posted from Skyrocket using BimmerApp
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #300
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
I see no problem with getting "regular" leather boots (with your options) if you condition them and treat them leather will repel water, certainly snow and slush too. Look more at construction and where any gaps are that could let in water.

That's a good point. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
I would up the budget and go for Cordovan boots
They stand up to the elements better than regular leather


Posted from Skyrocket using BimmerApp
I would go for something like Alden's if I could find a pair without leather soles.

Edit: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/05...repe-sole-lsw/

I've posted that shoe before, but something like that could fit the bill if I found it to be somewhat weather-resistant.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 06-12-2012 at 11:45 AM.
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use