E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
e46ornothing

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325i
My e46 build thread

hey guys

so i just recently have gotten into the e46 scene.. and started to do things to my car.. so i decided to start a little build thread..

tell me what u guys think.. i could always use a second opinion

anyways this is the day after i bought the car..

its a 2005 325i 5 speed.. sport package etc..

it was originally my dads.. he bought it off a private party.. and a week later sold it to me and bought a 545i because he said it was too small for him lol

i love this car.. by far the best car i have ever had considering im only 20 years old lol

At first i wasnt too fond of the color.. and was thinking of wrapping it matte white.. but lately im starting to like it alot more, because i keep getting compliments from people telling me they love the color.. its like a mix of steel blue and like a hint of gray almost.. its called stahlea blue metallic or something like that.. either way i think i might stick with the color

i bought it like 3 months ago so ill post up pics of everything ive done to it so far a bit later

thanks for looking!

Last edited by e46ornothing; 06-18-2012 at 02:04 PM.
e46ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
e46ornothing

So right after i bought the car i just couldn't decide what to buy first for my car lol.. so i decided to go with appearance first.. then performance. So right off the bat i bought the clear corners for the car.. really makes a big difference on the cars look.. the best 50 bucks i spent

i bought the side markers that are kind of bark on the side and clear in the middle.. kind of what the corners look like.. and i kind of dont like them.. dont see them alot.. i see alot of the all clear one.. idk i might get those or keep these dont know yet.. what do u guys think?
Old 06-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
e46ornothing

soon after i bought my matte black kidney grills.. another big changer in appearance..

Old 06-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
e46ornothing

My first big job that i personally did was buy and install myself H&R Race Springs.. God those took for ever to put in.. and damn what a battle too..

Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
e46ornothing

And the final result..

after like two weeks of driving with them on..

Old 06-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
AJP330i

My Ride: 05 ZHP
Shoud have replaced those struts since you went through all the trouble....they will go next and you will have to do it all again....looks good with the drop though.. need some wheels now..

"Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left". Ty Webb
AJP330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
e46ornothing

something that i did forget to mention i did was a muffler delete.. contrary to what other people think about the sound.. i love it.. just the right amount of muscle sound if u get me.. a little pricey but i think worth it if ur not ready to go all out on a custom or cat back exhaust.. its loud but not to the point where its annoying or disturbing the neighbors at 7 in the morning when u leave to work lol

Old 06-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
e46ornothing

yes i know i should of.. will definitely go with some koni's tho.. but i think ill just pay to get it done..dont wanna do that hole process again
Old 06-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
e46ornothing

and yea definitely need some wheels.. thinking of some BBS LM's? what do u guys think?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
ryannel2003

My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
Personally I'm a fan of the stock look so I liked the way the car looked the first day you had it haha. I will admit though the clear corners look great on that car as does the drop. That is one of my favorite color BMW's and it looks like it was extremely well maintained. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the first thing I would do is see what needs to be replaced on the suspension and cooling system and do that before you do any mods.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
e46ornothing

just a little something i did to my inside appearance was wrap my wood trim in carbon fiber vinyl.. only had enough to wrap the top trims and door panels.. so im waiting for more vinyl to arrive do i can do the bottom gear area and steering wheel here's some pics of what i was able to do tho..

those marks u see are just my fingers.. guess they were a little oily.. haha didnt want u guys to think i messed up or anything hah

Last edited by e46ornothing; 06-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #12
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
The trim above the LCM is going in the wrong direction

Keep up the work dude. When I did my muffler delete I had the tips done like so:

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
e46ornothing

Thanks ryannel2003! and yea i think i might have to do the 80k -100k cooling over haul pretty soon.. its starting to act up and idk if the previous owner did it, even tho im almost positive they didnt.. so yea thats on the list..
Old 06-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
e46ornothing

and yea solidjake i know what u mean.. thats how i wanted it! im not ganna lie.. i even took a pic of the exact pic u posted up and showed the muffler guy and said this is how i want it! and when i came back this is what i got.. costed me 2 bills so i just left it like that but thanks for the compliments!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
ryannel2003

My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
That was one of the first things I read about when it concerns these cars (and the subframe... but you don't have to worry about that) so I try to tell anybody who just bought one they need to get it done before doing anything else. I don't know if your suspension is trashed or not like mine but that would be the very next thing I would do. The shocks and struts can wait, but the bushings are sensitive and prone to failure and as they start to wear out the car doesn't drive so great (though it still drives good compared to most new cars). Good luck and enjoy the car... it's beautiful for sure!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #17
seigi009

My Ride: 03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46ornothing View Post
My first big job that i personally did was buy and install myself H&R Race Springs.. God those took for ever to put in.. and damn what a battle too..

I really hope you have a set of jack stands hidden in this picture. Looks dangerous supporting the car with just the jack.
seigi009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #18
e46ornothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by seigi009 View Post
I really hope you have a set of jack stands hidden in this picture. Looks dangerous supporting the car with just the jack.
hahaha yea man i do lol.. thanks for ur concern too haha
Old 06-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
e46ornothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
That was one of the first things I read about when it concerns these cars (and the subframe... but you don't have to worry about that) so I try to tell anybody who just bought one they need to get it done before doing anything else. I don't know if your suspension is trashed or not like mine but that would be the very next thing I would do. The shocks and struts can wait, but the bushings are sensitive and prone to failure and as they start to wear out the car doesn't drive so great (though it still drives good compared to most new cars). Good luck and enjoy the car... it's beautiful for sure!
Yea I know what u mean.. I am ganna do the cooling over hall soon.. And then the suspension.. Its not trashed so I think i got some time still.. But thanks for looking out man
Old 06-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #20
Sunspot

My Ride: Sleektop 330ci
Lovin' the color. Keep up the good work!