E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #41
sick.boy1986

My Ride: ///M3
How about something with spinach, like a good pasta dish? I love spinach but want to get more creative with it. In Germany, they eat spinach with eggs and potatoes, or with bratwursts. Those are both pretty good traditional German spinach dishes.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #42
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick.boy1986 View Post
How about something with spinach, like a good pasta dish? I love spinach but want to get more creative with it. In Germany, they eat spinach with eggs and potatoes, or with bratwursts. Those are both pretty good traditional German spinach dishes.
i don't think i have ever made spinach with pasta unless we are talking lasagna... you can layer some spinach in between layers with the ricotta cheese

as far as in a pasta... idk if that would work very well. the heat from the pasta will cause the spinach to wilt in no time. i love having it in omelettes tho, definitely a good way to use spinach

other than that, i typically just saute it for a minute or two then serve
Old 09-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #43
accolade

My Ride: O||||||O
Spinach goes extremely well with a butter/wine/garlic based sauce and very well with alfredo or carbonara sauce. If you are using fresh spinach, wilt it down in a saute pan, chop and add it at the very end, if you're using baby spinach which I often do, you don't really even need to worry about chopping it. If you are going with frozen spinach, just introduce it into the sauce once the spinach has defrosted and the end of cooking.
accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #44
sick.boy1986

^ I meant using it in a sauce accompanied by pasta, something like this. I've used it in an alfredo sauce, but was curious what else was out there for options. A spinach omelet sounds very good also, will have to try.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #45
accolade

I'm a little lost with that post. You meant that you wanted to use it in a sauce with pasta, but have done that already?

I'll post something a little later...
Old 09-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #46
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Russo, damn it man I wish you lived near me.

Guess who bought 2 lbs of picanha, AGAIN.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:12 AM   #47
sick.boy1986

Yeah, I just wanted to see what other people had for ideas. I guess that's a better way of putting it. I was initially trying to be vague to leave the most room for creativity, because I've really got a thing for spinach right now. I'll eat it in just about anything you can come up with.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #48
accolade

Battle spinach?
I know the pictures and plating suck, but as I said before, I am cooking for myself so there is no need to go nuts with presentation.

I didn't get pictures of the spinach dip that my girlfriend made that we were eating while I was preparing dinner... However here you go:

Baby spinach and goat cheese salad, topped with a country Dijon and balsamic vinaigrette

This is a spinach stuffed chicken cordon bleu served on top of a spinach potato pancake. The chicken was pounded thin, rolled with spinach, prosciutto, black forest ham, Swiss cheese and spices, and then rolled in a breadcrumb mixture that was made with breadcrumbs, feta cheese, salt, pepper, dill and a few other spices. The sauce, which is actually thicker than I wanted it to be but I ran out of cream, is a cognac mushroom cream sauce. The potato pancake is grated red potatoes, spinach, cheddar and cheddar jack cheeses, onion, garlic, spices, and egg and breadcrumbs to bind it. The pancake was pan fried and the chicken was baked.

The side is a baby creamed spinach stuffed portabella mushroom. The spinach was lightly wilted with garlic in butter then mixed with a variation of the mushroom cognac cream sauce. That was put into the portabella and baked as well. I topped it with a spinach and white truffle oil. Next time I make this I am going to use baby bellas or white stuffing mushrooms to control portion size.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #49
accolade

Oh, the extra spinach and potato pancake mixture that I have I am going to either make a breakfast hash or hash browns with... I'll cover that this weekend.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #50
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Here's a interesting idea:

I wanted to do a marinate with simple stuff as I find I am always missing one key ingredient so I needed a fool proof meal when I am lazy . I always have an Italian salad dressing in my house and was wondering what could I do with that and a boneless chicken breast. There are some obvious answers but curious to see what you can come up with.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #51
king kong

My Ride: mid-engine
how am i just discovering this forum? I want to go home and do a steak.

what are some easy things to do for work? I picked up some ramen noodles and plan on bringing some frozen vegies and hot dogs to throw in there, but looking for other things that aren't del taco...
king kong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #52
HaloArchive

My Ride: My Office Chair
I want a recipe for a good hearty meal. Ive made some hella good steak and garlic mashed potatoes, chicken enchiladas, cajun chicken alfredo, chili etc (stuff like that)

What else is there?

How about an indian food recipe? Chicken Tiki Masala? Paneer recipes?
HaloArchive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #53
HaloArchive

My Ride: My Office Chair
Im still waiting on my recipe.
HaloArchive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #54
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
where the fvck are the chili recipes?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #55
accolade

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ighlight=chili

Man, looking back at some of the older posts it is funny to see how much better everyone is at presentation...
Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #56
dasblack

My Ride: '01 330ci
Pork Tenderloin
dasblack is offline   Reply With Quote