E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Shaded 02

My Ride: 02 M3,82 928
Exclamation Help - Where to get transmission output flange?

does anyone have or know where i can get a manual transmission output flange for an e46 m3? i tried ordering one from bavarian recyclers and they jerked me around for 3 weeks giving me excuse after excuse. then i order it from the stealership 3 weeks ago, today they tell me something happened on bmws end it was shipped yesterday itll be another 2 weeks. i need to get my damn car together like 2 weeks ago. so if anyone could help me out that would be amazingly awesome.
Shaded 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Nice title....
Old 06-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
Alan

My Ride: 2006 M3
If you change the thread title to something meaningful - then you are less likely to be sitting about wondering why no-one is helping you.

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
srlehmkuhl

My Ride: 2004 LSB M3 convert.
Saw title. Got excited. Now I want to punch you in the throat.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Could change title, but DGAF if OP gets his Q answered
Old 06-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
Shaded 02

yeah i tried the regular title a couple weeks ago and nothing i figured this one would grab peoples attention and sure enough it worked got more posts in an hour than i did with the last post asking for help.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
srlehmkuhl

My Ride: 2004 LSB M3 convert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded 02 View Post
yeah i tried the regular title a couple weeks ago and nothing i figured this one would grab peoples attention and sure enough it worked got more posts in an hour than i did with the last post asking for help.
If the posts are just people responding to the title, does it really matter how many responses you get?

Did you ask on m3forum?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
Shaded 02

no the amount of responses is useless unless it provides info on the part im looking for. but by grabbing peoples attention gets them reading my post. the more people that read the more chances i have at finding my part or someone will provide some info on the subject matter. my car has been on stands since the beginning of may im starting a new job soon so i need my car. ive called and emailed boat loads of recyclers and for some crazy reason nobody has one. i see crashed cars everywhere online but no one has the part its not making sense. nobody has a blown up trans they could strip this thing off of laying in a corner anywhere? i forgot about m3forum thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
There are a few BMW used parts dealers, have you tried them all? Have you called dealerships to see if anyone has one in stock by chance?

Seems like a little leg work and you could have one.

Good luck,
Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
Shaded 02

Crazy enough there wasn't one in any stealership in the entire united states strange huh? but the they finally got my part to me. the problem with the recyclers was they did want to seperate the flange from the transmissions. But just as a hint for anyone doing this job dont be suckered in by the thin walled socket mess. A 36mm axle nut socket with 30 secs on a sanders works perfectly

Tags
driveshaft, flex disc, guibo, trans output flange, transmission