E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 2.36 average. Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #41
choxor

My Ride: JDM
This terrible ass thread belongs in OT *coughcoughjakecoughcough*

Last edited by choxor; 06-28-2012 at 06:14 PM.
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #42
theOCHO

My Ride: 330i ZHP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by biMMer4.4i View Post
Go back to your own thread.
^ Hahaha still doesn't get it. Okay, well when you idiots with entry-level BMWs with 300,000 miles need help diagnosing/fixing something, you can pour over all this great information in this thread.

theOCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #43
GotVANOS?

My Ride: 2003 325xi Touring
You guys are ****ing *******s. going out of your way to be *******s too. Like if you think a thread is dumb, DONT ****ING post in it.

Shes not your average grocery getter. This 2.5L of fury doesnt mess around.

E21<E30>E36>E46>E90>F30

Quote:
5TFUUU, If one more person tells me to sell my car and buy an ///M Im going to light their family on fire and make them watch.
*****BUY MY 330XI AUTO TRANS AND PARTS. CHEAP!!!******
GotVANOS? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #44
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Come on guys, give high school kids a chance.

And for you high school people:
You crash, you get hurt, your car becomes trash, your insurance premium gets ****ed, your parents get mad. Just don't be high school jerks in their sub $1000 integra trying to race me every stop light. Be careful and drive safe.

I know even subconsciously it is a competition there in high school.
Just don't get overboard and think you have the biggest dick because you own a BMW. It is an entry level car european sports sedan/coupe.
Please don't let the e46 get synonymous with civics and integra.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #45
GotVANOS?

Quote:
Please don't let the e46 get synonymous with civics and integra
I understand why high school kids owning E46's would get other owners upset. I shouldn't have posted this thread. My fault. I accept defeat. I take A TON of pride in my car because I worked for a long time to earn the money to buy it. I can't prove it to you but I take extremely good care of my car. E46s arent "disposable" cars like Hondas etc. You really do have to have some know how to own one and maintain it properly (or a lot of money). Every little weird sound it makes I FREAK out. God forbid the temp gauge ever moved a millionth of a millimeter over to the right, for fear that the aluminum block would melt into a pool of molten metal. I started this thread to see if there was anyone else like me that has worked hard and earned an E46. Sorry for pissing people off. :/

E21<E30>E36>E46>E90>F30

Quote:
5TFUUU, If one more person tells me to sell my car and buy an ///M Im going to light their family on fire and make them watch.

Last edited by GotVANOS?; 06-28-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #46
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOCHO View Post
College graduate.
2004 ZHP
6MT
Alcantara
Silver Cube
Test driving F30s tomorrow because of this thread.
Werd.

Went to price one out mid-way through reading this.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #47
GotVANOS?

Go buy an F30. more E46s for us high school kids.

E21<E30>E36>E46>E90>F30

Quote:
Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #48
biMMer4.4i

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOCHO View Post
^ Hahaha still doesn't get it. Okay, well when you idiots with entry-level BMWs with 300,000 miles need help diagnosing/fixing something, you can pour over all this great information in this thread.

No actually I do get it, but there is a difference between not wanting the same car as some punk highschooler and being a prick. Let us have our own thread...

Just one without a**holes
biMMer4.4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #49
biMMer4.4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
This terrible ass thread belongs in OT *coughcoughjakecoughcough*
Thanks for trying to ruin it
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #50
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
aight grumpy old men settle down!
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #51
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVANOS? View Post
I understand why high school kids owning E46's would get other owners upset. I shouldn't have posted this thread. My fault. I accept defeat. I take A TON of pride in my car because I worked for a long time to earn the money to buy it. I can't prove it to you but I take extremely good care of my car. E46s arent "disposable" cars like Hondas etc. You really do have to have some know how to own one and maintain it properly (or a lot of money). Every little weird sound it makes I FREAK out. God forbid the temp gauge ever moved a millionth of a millimeter over to the right, for fear that the aluminum block would melt into a pool of molten metal. I started this thread to see if there was anyone else like me that has worked hard and earned an E46. Sorry for pissing people off. :/
No one is upset.
To be honest, I really appreciate you guys to be able to buy a car with your own money and pay your own insurance, gas and everything associated.

The reason I mentioned civics and integras(no offense to people who own them) is because, it is the most seen cars in high school. 90% of high school people get their cars either from their parents or from another high schooler who just graduated. Once they spend all the money in buying it, they have nothing remaining to maintain the car. No wonder you start seeing matt black hoods, trunks or even the entire car painted with rattle cans because all they could afford was 3 cans of paint from walmart after buying the used hood and trunks of junkyard. They start filling $10 gas at a time and coast in neutral whenever they get a chance to save money. And when you line up next to them they rev the engine, all the money they saved by coasting in neutral is now gone. Just don't be of this stereotype.

If this is of any consolation, I used to be a motorcycle person. I bought my first car only after I got my Engineering degree and this e46 is only my third car. I bought this in the middle of my master's degree. Once I am done with school(again), I am thinking to upgrade to jaguar or an e92/93. I try to upgrade only when I can and I know its time to. You guys owning an e46 as a first car is a great achievement and should be proud of yourself.

What I am saying is, if you can afford it even go for an m3. No one is going to bash you for it. But treat it the way it should be. e46 is a sports oriented car, not a sports car nor a beater. Takes a lot to maintain it and gets angry at you even if you look at it from a wrong angle. If you are not able to maintain it, then it gets into the beater category(which is why I referred to civics and integras).
Old 06-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #52
Beamer_Life

My Ride: 2005 330i
2005 330i
-steel blue
-premium package
-cold weather package
-62k miles

Just got it last week. Hopefully to start adding some clean mods
Beamer_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #53
jbehr99

My Ride: 2005 330CI Vert ZHP
2005 330CI Vert
-Jet Black w/ Natural Brown
-ZHP
-Cold Weather Package
-No Mods, I am a big believer in keeping her generally factory
-Matching Hardtop
-65,000 miles
I paid for the car with 100% of my own money as well as the insurance. Do 100% of my own maintenance (could never afford to take it to the stealership), Wash it every Saturday, have rules when my friends come in it. People think I am crazy how I treat my car, I tell them it's a lifestyle.

Last edited by jbehr99; 06-28-2012 at 08:33 PM.
jbehr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #54
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
I don't know why it's a big deal to have an E46 nowadays. With 4k you can buy one.

You're in high school, and you drive a 10 year old BMW? You must be balling.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #55
biMMer4.4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbehr99 View Post
2005 330CI Vert
-Jet Black w/ Natural Brown
-ZHP
-Cold Weather Package
-No Mods, I am a big believer in keeping her generally factory
-Matching Hardtop
-65,000 miles
Do 100% of my own maintenance, Wash it every Saturday, have rules when my friends come in it. People think I am crazy how I treat my car, I tell them it's a lifestyle.

+1 I'm glad there are people like me out there haha
Is yours 6spd or auto?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #56
jbehr99

My Ride: 2005 330CI Vert ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by biMMer4.4i View Post
+1 I'm glad there are people like me out there haha
Is yours 6spd or auto?
Unfortunetly it is an auto, but the price and condition of the car made the deal to hard to pass up. I have learned to live with the auto over time. I recently did a transmission fluid and filter change (I do not want the tranny to go out on me prematurely).
jbehr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #57
M3JetBlack

My Ride: 2002 M3 & 2004 330ci
I seriously dont understand why you guys are hating on us for having the same car at a younger age. I imagine we all take pride in our cars and care for them, hopefully. We are here to make them better. We are not the other kids driving their parents e46 thinking they are a badass cause they have there fathers 330i. I respect my car and care for it like crazy. I dont let anyone drive it besides my dad...which he has once. Why dont all you guys settle down, help us out when we need it since we are here to learn. Like gotVanos. He obviously cares for his car and maintains it (except for the little accident with his friend ). Anyways, just saying. Dont know why you guys need to think that we are all dumbass*s who think we are awesome because we have an e46... If you had a Lambo, how would you feel that there are 16 year olds with the same car. Its rare, but it happens.Its their car, let them eff it up if they cant drive correctly.

6MT / Black Interior / Black Kidney / Black Gills / Kinesis K27 18x10.5 18x12 / ST Coilovers / TMS Camber Plates / Rogue El Diablo / AP Headers / AR25 / VCSL / CSL Diffuser / Iconz Front Lip / OEM LED Taillights / Orion V2 / MotorWerks Tuned / Alpha N / Nexus 7 / V1 Stealth

- Washington State -
M3JetBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #58
jayb328i

My Ride: E46 2000 328i
Gave my daughter at age 17 (high school senior) my E30 manual. She use to tell me how the guys would look in amazement how a girl could drive a shift--when most of them could not.
She shared with me how once one of the guys asked how she knows where to shift since the BMW shifter knob does not have the gear positions but only the logo.
Not only did she know how to turn on the key--but could open the hood and knew what was what and do some simple things, including oil changes.
jayb328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #59
vorceb23

My Ride: 04 330i
heres mine

Im 16 heres my sb 4dr e46 i love it!!! No mods yet but looking forward to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image272817.img.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	458480  
vorceb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #60
biMMer4.4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbehr99 View Post
Unfortunetly it is an auto, but the price and condition of the car made the deal to hard to pass up. I have learned to live with the auto over time. I recently did a transmission fluid and filter change (I do not want the tranny to go out on me prematurely).
I can't blame you for passing up that deal sounds like a sweet ride.

Tags
325, dmax furry chest, fags, high school parking lot, homosexual, m54, spoiled, this thread is dildoes