E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #81
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_100390 View Post
So i was at my cousins grad party and met this chick. Let's call her "W"

I was standing outside having a convo with my pops by his e90. Cousin comes out of the hall with a couple of her friends. Cousin goes oh is this your bimmer??? I replied and said nah... Mine is at home.

Then one of her girlfriends "w" jokingly asks : "ohhhh is this your bimmer? Bimmer bimmer bimmer " right after I answered my cousin. And I told her: haha no but mine was at home.

Party goes on and it's coming to the end. making my way around the hall saying my goodbyes. And "W" was next to my cousin as I was saying goodbye. She extends her hand and says oh btw my names "W" and again comments on the bimmer. So we shake hands and exchange names.

As I was standing around with some friends near the door "w" walks behind me sliding her hand across my lower back while sayin " oops hehe excuse me" and walks past me back into the room. Thinking nothing of if I too place my hand behind her back guiding her As she walks by.

Still standing by the door she comes back and starts talking to me for a short while. as I was cut off and had to drive home I extended my hand to say it was nice meeting you but she lunged forward with a hug.

I decided to add her at 1:30am and no more than 5 minutes later she added me

So now idk if I should message her or something!
wait a few days then reply with something sarcastic/witty and she'll be s'ing your d this weekend.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #82
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
wait a few days then reply with something sarcastic/witty and she'll be s'ing your d this weekend.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #83
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
"Where are you guys looking?"

I'm 36 and sit in an office all day, I have a small group of good friends but no real circle to help me branch out and meet quality women. I've tried the online thing and thats where I seem to be meeting all these s'lores.

Heck, I even got burnt this past week by the ex. After 6 months apart we spent 4 nights together, she was sending mixed signals but I thought there could be a chance things might reignite. Then two days later she goes home with another guy from the bar while her daughter is at a sleepover. And to think at one point I thought she was a girl of character. Even she is a s'lore. Thankfully that should make it much easier for me to not look back on her anymore.

I think that is part of the reason I am numb about dating....I'm really looking for quality.....not looking for another lame empty hookup.
She's a "s'lore" for hooking up with someone and you're on some moral high ground despite admitting to "empty hookups" in your last sentence.

Do you think you're going to find someone who's been waiting her entire life for you? No. Women have pasts - so do you.

Quit being a judgmental douche and you might find someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #84
skipole

My Ride: '02 330ci
Here's my random rambling contribution to this thread: broke up with ex girlfriend a month ago (her idea but I didn't fight it despite still being in love with her). Haven't contacted her since, but know from mutual that she's still not over me. Thinking about re-contacting here again, maybe by sending a text message like the ones listed here. Wanna make sure that when I do talk to her, I maintain "control" and rebuild romance slowly but surely. Thoughts? Too much "playing"? Should I just tell her how i feel?

Last edited by skipole; 08-05-2012 at 02:08 AM.
skipole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #85
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: N/A
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipole View Post
Here's my random rambling contribution to this thread: broke up with ex girlfriend a month ago (her idea but I didn't fight it despite still being in love with her). Haven't contacted her since, but know from mutual that she's still not over me. Thinking about re-contacting here again, maybe by sending a text message like the ones listed here. Wanna make sure that when I do talk to her, I maintain "control" and rebuild romance slowly but surely. Thoughts? Too much "playing"? Should I just tell her how i feel?
I suggest you move on to someone new, but if you really want it doesn't hurt to rekindle the fire between the two of you WHILE YOU HAVE OTHER OPTIONS ON THE TABLE.
nikkeiS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #86
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
i was gonna find a wife in China, but the one-child policy has created an imbalance in the ratio of females to males there. now i might have to go to Vietnam, Thailand or Cambodia to get one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #87
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Thailand man, women take it in the a$$ like no tomorrow over there. No need for lube, spit and enjoy the soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler12345 View Post
i was gonna find a wife in China, but the one-child policy has created an imbalance in the ratio of females to males there. now i might have to go to Vietnam, Thailand or Cambodia to get one
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #88
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: N/A
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler12345 View Post
Good luck with that.
nikkeiS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #89
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipole View Post
Live your life man. In every breakup there is one person that always wants it more than the other, she wanted it, it isn't going change. You may get a few weeks or a month or fighting, but the girl you "fell" for is no longer her.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #90
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
I'm with Collin on this. I use to have the naive thought that two people could reconnect and be happy again. I've since trashed that flawed concept. Partly because I just learned it the hard way. But logic out weighs 100% of the time. Sure you might get her back again for a SHORT period of time, but those issues will always be there and those initial feelings of attraction and blind desire are gone.

If you get her back, you won't be yourself. You'll be very calculated and over do everything to try and impress her or avoid any arguments. It will make you appear needy which means she will lose attraction in you.

It doesn't work. Sure the devil you know is better than the devil you don't, but it won't be a lasting reconnection.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #91
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post

If you get her back, you won't be yourself. You'll be very calculated and over do everything to try and impress her or avoid any arguments. It will make you appear needy which means she will lose attraction in you.

It doesn't work. Sure the devil you know is better than the devil you don't, but it won't be a lasting reconnection.
Or you'll get back together and be bitter about the breakup to the point that you do things to a person that forever changes who they are. I mean really screws with them. Don't give yourself the chance; as once this is done you'll NEVER get that person back. Let it ride for now and look for other things.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #92
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
as i do some electronic discovery for various lawsuits ... somethings i have been thinking about ...

1. i must make sure not to mix my personal email with work email ... and beyond that, i should not leave too much in writing because it's bound to be discovered
if i ever get subpoenaed to produce emails, it'd be very embarrassing
2. not that i want to but i would never be able to run for public office beyond maybe a low level local seat or a judgeship

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #93
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_100390 View Post
Hm...
so norman
why did you delete your long ass post which has already been quoted multiple times by other people?

Quote:

Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #94
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
I feel "over" my ex-gf, but have not really been able to build an interest in hooking up with any girls around me, even when they have shown overt interest. I need to slap myself in the balls and re-claim my man-card
Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #95
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
I feel "over" my ex-gf, but have not really been able to build an interest in hooking up with any girls around me, even when they have shown overt interest. I need to slap myself in the balls and re-claim my man-card
how long has it been?

Quote:

Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #96
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
how long has it been?
almost 3 mos. We dated for close to 3 yrs though
Old 11-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #97
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

dude, totally normal
don't rush it otherwise you'll just screw it up with the next girl
if you just want to get out there and bang, that's fine
but yeah 3 months is not even that long considering you spent 3 years with your ex-gf

Quote:

Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #98
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
I have been with the same girl for 7 years, I love her.

However I want to get back out out there and break it off. Both of her parents were never there for her and my family has become her quasi-family in a way. She has done nothing wrong, a really nice soft spoken conservative person. The way she has treated and handled me and the relationship in the last few years has been nothing short of outstanding, and my family and friends say so as well. Whenever I communicate this feeling of wanting to be single to them they say im an idiot.

I guess I just dont know how to say that I love her and want her to be the girl I marry, just not before I have a couple more relationships and flings here and there. I feel as if my 20's are just ticking away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #99
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
I met a girl on an online dating site..exchanged messages and she seemed really cool. We met up on a Sat, turned out she's really cute and we had great convo. She said we should meet up again, but she is busy with grad school but is usually free on the weekends. I sent a text the following Thurs seeing if she was free on the weekend. She declined said she just had to finish her papers..Texted her the following thurs before halloween, and asked her out again. No response...move on? Or try one more time? I haven't heard anything since, and this is right before halloween this last message was sent.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #100
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Move on! one thing I found out about online dating these women liked to be chased. Skip her more on to the next one.
makecopies is online now   Reply With Quote