E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #61
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
live in laguna niguel and work in orange
Old 07-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #62
biggamejames

My Ride: '01 325ci
Thanks tony, sent one right back at ya haha,

Steven who knows maybe I'll see you on the 5 one of these days
biggamejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #63
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggamejames View Post
Thanks tony, sent one right back at ya haha,

Steven who knows maybe I'll see you on the 5 one of these days
most likely you will i do the drive there and back daily "
Old 09-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #64
stevodotorg

My Ride: 02 325i - Manual
So.. crazy story.. last week I just fixed my driveshaft troubles, the flex disc and center support bearing were absolutely toast.. no less than 24 hours later, something in my clutch system goes bad.. couldn't change gears, clutch felt spongy, and so I cruised down the streets of costa mesa in 1st till I could park it. My best friend, and fellow e46fanatic helped me diagnose it, and as it turns out either the release bearing went out or the clutch.. sooo that means we're replacing that whole area.

Anyway Tony3series, your thread and a few others has been of great help, so thank you.. I gotta order the parts today, and hopefully get it all done next week, we're gonna take on the task ourselves which will be good practice for my friend as his e46 wagon is going through a sex change at the end of the month

Being car- less is rough let me tell you, thank goodness for family and friends, and thank goodness I'm not going back to work till the end of the month

I'll let you know how the replacement goes, I'll probably start a new thread when we start the fix.

Thanks to all e46fanatics and other BMW forum users, without the community, our wallets would be more empty than they already are.
I do ECU Coding, contact me.
stevodotorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #65
stevodotorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony3series View Post
I know there are other posts out there like this one..
Tony, I am curious, what made you decide on the Stage 2 kit?

Thanks to all e46fanatics and other BMW forum users, without the community, our wallets would be more empty than they already are.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #66
Tony3series

My Ride: 2003 325Ci (5-speed)
That's a bummer stevodotorg, no fun when big stuff breaks Good luck with the repairs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevodotorg View Post
Tony, I am curious, what made you decide on the Stage 2 kit?
Went stage 2 because eventually I plan to supercharge. Was hoping my clutch would last until I was ready to supercharge but it had other plans HaHa
2003 BMW 325ci: Sport package, F1 Racing Stage II clutch/lightweight flywheel, AFE intake, Ebay headers,KONI YELLOWS/new mounts, Beisan Vanos seals, angel eyes, CDV delete, Curt trailer hitch, LED tails, lip spoiler, blacked out grill&trim&bumper reflectors. Tons of maintenance items done.
Tony3series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #67
stevodotorg

Quote:
That's a bummer stevodotorg, no fun when big stuff breaks Good luck with the repairs!

Went stage 2 because eventually I plan to supercharge. Was hoping my clutch would last until I was ready to supercharge but it had other plans HaHa
Did the clutch go out? oh dear I hope not, I gotta get my car fixed soon.. recommendations if your clutch went out? Also, someone like me who is not planning on supercharging, should I stick with a stage 1? I mean is the only difference torque handling?.. ahh edit: I notice that the stage 1 kit does not have springs on the pressure plate.

Last edited by stevodotorg; 09-08-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #68
Tony3series

My Ride: 2003 325Ci (5-speed)
No my old stock clutch went out. That's why I replaced it with the stage II. I was hoping my stock clutch would last until I could supercharge the car, but the stock clutch died. My newer stage II clutch is still kicking ass
2003 BMW 325ci: Sport package, F1 Racing Stage II clutch/lightweight flywheel, AFE intake, Ebay headers,KONI YELLOWS/new mounts, Beisan Vanos seals, angel eyes, CDV delete, Curt trailer hitch, LED tails, lip spoiler, blacked out grill&trim&bumper reflectors. Tons of maintenance items done.
Tony3series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #69
stevodotorg

Quote:
No my old stock clutch went out. That's why I replaced it with the stage II. I was hoping my stock clutch would last until I could supercharge the car, but the stock clutch died. My newer stage II clutch is still kicking ass
THANKS MUCH TONY! WOOT!

Old 10-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #70
4n4rk40t1c0

My Ride: E46 323ci Individual
Stage II clutch and flywheel after 6200 miles, no spirited driving at all, installed profesionally.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4n4rk40t1c0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #71
jared_wiesner

My Ride: 1999 328i (M54b30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n4rk40t1c0 View Post
Stage II clutch and flywheel after 6200 miles, no spirited driving at all, installed profesionally.
With only that amount of miles, I'd say that it was likely down to improper break-in.

Last edited by jared_wiesner; 10-26-2012 at 07:36 AM.
jared_wiesner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #72
4n4rk40t1c0

My Ride: E46 323ci Individual
I did break in properly 2x more miles of city driving than manufacturer recommends.
4n4rk40t1c0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #73
jared_wiesner

My Ride: 1999 328i (M54b30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n4rk40t1c0 View Post
I did break in properly 2x more miles of city driving than manufacturer recommends.
Its gotta be only part throttle too. I know you said no spirited driving but you really shouldn't be revving much up past 3500 for the first few hundred miles. Beyond that, shifts have to be smooth during break in. That thing looks like it got overheated and slipped big time from getting let out too fast. You can see the jump marks on the pressure plate.

Last edited by jared_wiesner; 10-26-2012 at 03:28 PM.
jared_wiesner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #74
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Not to mention the alignment dowel is all fucked up at the top. If your professional did that during install or removal. He is not a professional. Lets hear how that dowel was mucked up. My last stg 2 clutch starting slipping after about 40k miles, awd 5k dumps. At least 25 passes at the local strip on it.

Last edited by xixixi; 10-26-2012 at 03:15 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote