E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #4521
Brandond11

My Ride: 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Brandond11 Send a message via Yahoo to Brandond11
Cars and Coffee tomorrow at Great Indoors tomorrow. A few of us are going already.
Brandond11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #4522
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3csl325 View Post
Heard you got a new ride Ronnie, what did you end up getting?
Just bought a 2004 SL55 with only 26K miles
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #4523
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

BTW, just posted my OEM M5 wheels for sale:
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3138332941.html

Modsport still for sale too:
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3127954596.html

Old 07-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #4524
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
Just bought a 2004 SL55 with only 26K miles
Nice man, need some pics!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:40 AM   #4525
E46BAV90

My Ride: 330ci & 325xi
Anyone else going to high maintenance II? Brandon went to the first one and said it was so-so. But for the sequel, it would be pretty sick to roll up with a crew of Bimmers and just steal the show whose in?

Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement DIY
E46BAV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #4526
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Rich did you get the package yet?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #4527
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Hey guys, I am getting ready to order some maintenance parts. CCV system and OFHG to be exact. Loosing almost a quart of oil in every 1000 miles.
Question:
Is it necessary to get the cold climate version? I have read that its a pain to get the cold climate version CCV and hoses under there. Currently my car has the normal CCV and I haven't experienced any trouble with it.

Anyone else want to do the CCV and OFHG, looks like a tedious job and I don't know if I have confidence to do it all by myself?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #4528
DenverSooner

My Ride: 2014 328d xDrive
I did the cold climate CCV a few months back, but it was a PITA fitting in the oil seperator...ended up tearing the insualtion around it to get it in...just too tight of a space. I don't know if you need it or not, but I did like the fact that the cold climate version has the hoses to the intake and vanos wrapped...seems to provide more protection against wear at least!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #4529
aeorozco

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via Yahoo to aeorozco
I know you guys downtown have a nice little crew going, do any of you know if there are any of us up north towards Boulder/Longmont?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #4530
DenverSooner

Just thought I'd share how I spent 4th of July...

Corners are a lot more "fun" now...and, no more steering wheel vibration at 60mph+
Old 07-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #4531
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

I just got my new SL55 delivered yesterday, will bring it to this Sat C&C Great Indoors, already dropped with wheels
Old 07-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #4532
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
I just got my new SL55 delivered yesterday, will bring it to this Sat C&C Great Indoors, already dropped with wheels
How often do you guys do the Cars and Coffee. I finally got moved and settled and since I have no idea on when I will get on track I would atleast like to get the car out on the street.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #4533
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSooner View Post
I did the cold climate CCV a few months back, but it was a PITA fitting in the oil seperator...ended up tearing the insualtion around it to get it in...just too tight of a space. I don't know if you need it or not, but I did like the fact that the cold climate version has the hoses to the intake and vanos wrapped...seems to provide more protection against wear at least!
Yah, I was thinking to get the cold climate hoses and the regular CCV because of the space constraint there. I hope the cold climate hoses will fit the the regular CCV clips. I don't think there is any difference in cold climate and regular CCV hose clips, or is it? As far as I know, its only the extra insulation around the same tube.

How long did it take for you to do the whole job? I am thinking to tackle the OFHG at the same time. Not having a garage is a huge disadvantage . Have to wait for an overcast day, as I know its going to be a long frustrating day and I won't be able to do it under the summer sun.

Edit: I see you have a new suspension setup. Congrats. I still have to do my bushings and mounts. Will check the shocks when I do the RSMs. Thinking Koni yellow or orange, don't want to go lower. I already have tough time in the winter on my sports suspension.

Last edited by trj; 07-18-2012 at 03:31 PM.
trj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #4534
MRHEAT

My Ride: 04-325i
Greetings people of Denver I just moved from Florida and im staying with my stepdaughter " IN DENVER" until we find a place to live, usually i work on my e46 myself but just in case can anybody recommend a decent mechanic in the area, the car spent its whole life in Florida so im getting nervous about the cold weather and the problems that might pop up. Thanks for any help
MRHEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #4535
DenverSooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
Yah, I was thinking to get the cold climate hoses and the regular CCV because of the space constraint there. I hope the cold climate hoses will fit the the regular CCV clips. I don't think there is any difference in cold climate and regular CCV hose clips, or is it? As far as I know, its only the extra insulation around the same tube.

How long did it take for you to do the whole job? I am thiDnking to tackle the OFHG at the same time. Not having a garage is a huge disadvantage . Have to wait for an overcast day, as I know its going to be a long frustrating day and I won't be able to do it under the summer sun.

Edit: I see you have a new suspension setup. Congrats. I still have to do my bushings and mounts. Will check the shocks when I do the RSMs. Thinking Koni yellow or orange, don't want to go lower. I already have tough time in the winter on my sports suspension.
As far as i know, the only difference between the two is the insulation. The CCV took me about 3 hours, including beer breaks. Definitely would have been way easier if I'd done the CCV and the OFHG at the same time, but I didn't have the foresight. It's not a terrible job, just takes patience and some lower back pain...nothing a few Advil and a couple beers can't alieviate! I would volunteer to help but I spend most weekends in Texas with my kids.

The new suspension is great. The XI has always sat an inch or two higher than its RWD cousins, so I didnt mind the slight drop. It's not really noticeable, visually speaking, but definitely better handling!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #4536
DenverSooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHEAT View Post
Greetings people of Denver I just moved from Florida and im staying with my stepdaughter " IN DENVER" until we find a place to live, usually i work on my e46 myself but just in case can anybody recommend a decent mechanic in the area, the car spent its whole life in Florida so im getting nervous about the cold weather and the problems that might pop up. Thanks for any help
Welcome! Try Ernie at Eurotech Automotive +1 (303) 279-1989. Great service and price!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #4537
DenverSooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSooner View Post
As far as i know, the only difference between the two is the insulation. The CCV took me about 3 hours, including beer breaks. Definitely would have been way easier if I'd done the CCV and the OFHG at the same time, but I didn't have the foresight. It's not a terrible job, just takes patience and some lower back pain...nothing a few Advil and a couple beers can't alieviate! I would volunteer to help but I spend most weekends in Texas with my kids.

The new suspension is great. The XI has always sat an inch or two higher than its RWD cousins, so I didnt mind the slight drop. It's not really noticeable, visually speaking, but definitely better handling!
While your at it, maybe replace the VCG too...unless recently replaced, that is also a culprit for oil leaks.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #4538
vapor325i

My Ride: 2003 325i sedan
What springs are you running?

TJ- you might as well do the ccv when you do the oil filter housing gasket... its basically right there once you take out the housing....
Old 07-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #4539
da Vinci

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHEAT View Post
Greetings people of Denver I just moved from Florida ... the car spent its whole life in Florida so im getting nervous about the cold weather and the problems that might pop up. Thanks for any help
I bought a Las Vegas car last September, and aside from the tires, it did fine the first winter. Conti Extreeme Contact DWS are kick ass all season tires. If you do drive the car year round then an extra set of wheels and Bridgestone Blizzaks would be a good investment.

Click here for my Build Thread
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

da Vinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #4540
DenverSooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor325i View Post
What springs are you running?

TJ- you might as well do the ccv when you do the oil filter housing gasket... its basically right there once you take out the housing....
If the spring question was to me, I am running Eibachs.

Tags
bmw exberts, colorado, denver, fifi, gaga ooh-la-la, kitty puuuuury, mile hi, more than you can afford, rolf, saint louis!, spee, steven was huuuurrr, steven's a girl eepsspee, toolberts, trebdesumanu, tuuuuuuuuuuuurbo awd?, vtec power