E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
M5chas

My Ride: e90 m3 + cornfed gtr
It is my car now...Proefi/Saad Content

As most know I purchased Jason's M3. Before receiving it, I watched the seasons turn from winter to spring to summer, oh and also had Saad install their 4" intake and driveshaft loop. The car finally arrived..what I bought an m3??? Sheett forgot all about that. But you know what, it was well worth the wait.

This car is a hammer. Saad's work is top shelf. This beyotch is serious business. It drinks more juice then Charlie Sheen on a 3 day bender in Vegas, but again is well worth it. E85 is the stuff of car guy dreams. I will never mess with race fuel or meth again. Completely pointless when you can make this kind of power at this price. The 6766 is a bad mofo. It spools so hard and so fast. In my stage 3 car I could make and eat a sandwich and then contemplate whether or not hey, maybe I want another sanwich before boost would kick in. This car there isn't even time to pull the lunch meat out of the refrigerator. Literally night and day difference and the spool doesn't stop.

I dig the Proefi. You all have read other's reviews, but yes it is that good!! The traction control can not be described, it really needs to be felt. First through fourth gear pulls without being sideways somewhere along the line and pulling hard the whole pull is just crazy talk. But it honestly happens and it is so much fun you just want to do it again and again and again and again.... The can display is a great way to monitor all the engine vitals and is pretty addictive. So yes, major kudos to Jason for bringing this creation to the M3 market. I do wish I could log though.

One of my favorite things on this car though, the SP boost activated cut out!!! I have an Eisenmann Race 83mm Exhaust installed on the other side of it, so around town there is a very pleasant gurgle. How good does an s54 sound through a monster exhaust into an Eisenmann race exhaust?? Really ****in good. But damn when boost kicks in and that cut out is wide open it is just another level of amazing!

I am having a pretty bad stumbling/bucking issue from time to time. Jason thinks this is caused by the monster 2150cc injectors. Jason suggested switching to 1100s so I bought a new set, but I think I have changed my mind for now. I want to try and sort out potential causes with the 2150s first if that is in fact the issue. Hopefully since Jason sold me a car that isn't 100%, he will be there for support to remedy this problem.

To end, the car is really impressive. It is pure business. Saad and Jason built this monster to go fast and they did a damn good job of it. There will be more stuff in the works for the car. Jason built this car with the hopeful intention to run 9s, but right now that isn't a priority for me. I want to get the suspension sorted (this is an M3 after all) and then maybe see what she will do on a road course. I have no skills through the corners, but I bet with the way this car makes power it would be a blast!

At Proefi.

It has finally arrived!

After just bringing it home. Sorry Saad all stickers are now off the car.

Dyno chart on 22 psi before being shipped out.

Saad's 4" intake is huge

Among a bunch of goodies, these are waiting to be installed.

ps my wife rocks. Thanks for supporting my car addictions!

Last edited by M5chas; 07-18-2012 at 05:40 AM.
M5chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
AirFrcd

My Ride: Mfizzle, and GT-R
Fu$h yeah!!!!!
Bump for my Brotha from another Motha; I'm SO stoked for you Cberg!!!!
(PS:lulz at the Sheen comment; and kudos to Pamela )
Philippians 4:13

Last edited by AirFrcd; 07-13-2012 at 09:08 PM.
AirFrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Congrats!!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
d'ray18

My Ride: E90 335
Nice!

2008 E90 335i
d'ray18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #5
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
I hope you put some miles on this beast...I need to hear how this thing handles many miles of abuse. Glad you enjoy the car it truly is a beast
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #6
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Hell. Yes.

HELL YES.
I remember first seeing this car on here. Man it's so perfectly done. Love how stock it looks.
Yet it can beat almost anything.
Love it.

Congrats man.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
M5chas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirFrcd View Post
Fu$h yeah!!!!!
Bump for my Brotha from another Motha; I'm SO stoked for you Cberg!!!!
(PS:lulz at the Sheen comment; and kudos to Pamela )
Thanks LH! You talked me off the ledge more then a few times during the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 View Post
Congrats!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by d'ray18 View Post
Nice!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
I hope you put some miles on this beast...I need to hear how this thing handles many miles of abuse. Glad you enjoy the car it truly is a beast
Man, I am trying to put some miles on it. I am going to let a buddy of mine who drives roughly 50k miles a year, have it for a couple weeks and rack up some heavy traffic/open highway miles up on it and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
Hell. Yes.

HELL YES.
I remember first seeing this car on here. Man it's so perfectly done. Love how stock it looks.
Yet it can beat almost anything.
Love it.

Congrats man.
Thanks much!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
jchris

My Ride: HPF BMW M3 Stg 3
Yes!!!

So glad u finally got her.

Such a freakin sleeper!!

Can't wait to see some videos Charlie!!

Hey, where are my tires bro?? Need them mounted for my track day in 2 weeks.

I'm taking good care of your ex by the way.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
M5chas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchris View Post
Yes!!!

So glad u finally got her.

Such a freakin sleeper!!

Can't wait to see some videos Charlie!!

Hey, where are my tires bro?? Need them mounted for my track day in 2 weeks.

I'm taking good care of your ex by the way.
Thanks man!

You are going to run these dusty star specs instead of the r888s for a track day? These tires aren't going to give you any traction. But either way they are in transit.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5chas View Post
Thanks man!

You are going to run these dusty star specs instead of the r888s for a track day? These tires aren't going to give you any traction. But either way they are in transit.
o M5chas: Please include your dyno sheet as a .pdf attachment so we can READ it. If you dont have a scanner, then almost any buddy can do it for you and send you the file. Thank you.

To jchris:Star Specs are awesome tires( I have a set on my other car) but are not even in the same CLASS as the Toyos which are specifically built for the track.
I think you are making a mistake taking the Toyos off.

To M5CHAS:
The car sounds like it is doing all the things the way most people WISHED their turbo M3 was doing.
That 6766 (plus E85) sounds like the perfect set up. Let us know when you dyno the car in its present trim. Yes, the 2150's are right on the edge for a 67mm turbo. I think they are needed for 71mm and larger if using ethanol. But I agree with you about trying to tune that stumble out rather than rush to replace them.

Are you going to HPDE the car? PLEASE get rid of those horrible lowering springs and get a nice set of dual adjustable TC Klines. The springs were fine evidently for the drag strip but your front end will wallow horribly with those soft, weak Tein lowering springs. I had a set(of new Teins) on my M3 for all of 24 hours. The car never handled so badly. I a set of coil overs expressed to me!

Sounds like you have the near perfect car!
You are in a good position since you bought a car with most of the bugs painstakingly worked out of it already.
Enjoy what you have. I think it is pretty special.

PS: I am jealous of your TC. AEM must step up with their new Infinity. I dont know if it ever will match the TC of the ProEFI. Time will tell.

Last edited by Bdave; 07-14-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
M5chas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Please include your dyno sheet as a .pdf attachment so we can READ it. If you dont have a scanner, then almost any buddy can do it for you and send you the file. Thank you.

Star Specs are awesome tires( I have a set on my other car) but are not even in the same CLASS as the Toyos which are specifically built for the track.
I think you are making a mistake taking the Toyos off. And if you are serious about HPDE the car, PLEASE get rid of those horrible lowering springs and get a nice set of dual adjustable TC Klines. The springs were fine evidently for the drag strip but your front end will wallow horribly with those soft, weak Tein lowering springs. I had a set(of new Teins) on my M3 for all of 24 hours. The car never handled so badly. I a set of coil overs expressed to me!

Otherwise the car sounds like it is doing all the things the way most people WISHED their turbo M3 was doing.
That 6766 (plus E85) sounds like the perfect set up. Let us know when you dyno the car in its present trim. Yes, the 2150's are right on the edge for a 67mm turbo. I think they are needed for 71mm and larger if using ethanol. But I agree with you about trying to tune that stumble out rather than rush to replace them.

Sounds like you have the near perfect car!
You are in a good position since you bought a car with most of the bugs painstakingly worked out of it already.
Enjoy what you have. I think it is pretty special.

PS: I am jealous of your TC. AEM must step up with their new Infinity. I dont know if it ever will match the TC of the ProEFI. Time will tell.
Thanks Dave! Actually JC is going to track his Stage 3 m3 which has TC kline d/a suspension on it. Perfect for the track. I also hope he runs the car with the r888s on it and not the star specs. My car has tein springs which I agree are horrible and thus being replaced with an AST 4200 setup.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #12
Bdave

Quote:
Thanks Dave! Actually JC is going to track his Stage 3 m3 which has TC kline d/a suspension on it. Perfect for the track. I also hope he runs the car with the r888s on it and not the star specs. My car has tein springs which I agree are horrible and thus being replaced with an AST 4200 setup.
The Star Specs would be Ok for everyday, but a Stage 3 really should have a tire with a treadwear of 100 or less to get the benefit of BEING a stage 3. I hope he sees the light and keeps the Toyos for the track at least.

As for you... AST's! Now you have a SERIOUS contender! Good one. I am impressed.
Let us know how the 2250cc injectors work out. Those are sweet babies(I have them with my PT7175). I think they can be tuned so the stumble is eradicated. You will have one of the premier FI cars ever. Fast in the quarter which we know already, and now it will be a VERY serious contender in any HPDE with all that power and your fast spool. Maybe some red or black Poly AKG RTABS if they dont have something like that already. Sweet. You sound like you know exactly what to do. I/we would love that dyno again but in a .pdf.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Congrats, should br a fun track car but really this thing is so sleeper it should be out there surprising people on the street!
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
SAAD definitely has some sick skills man. Once you find out more about the rear diff plate/mount, hook a brotha up!

Quote:
ps my wife rocks. Thanks for supporting my car addictions!
Yeah she does, lol....

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
Bdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
SAAD definitely has some sick skills man. Once you find out more abo
ut the rear diff plate/mount, hook a brotha up!

Yeah she does, lol....
I was just taking a closer look at the photos (well taken CHAS!) and WTF!
I dont recall much talk about that plate. looks very interesting. This is something they should template and make and market for anyone to buy.
That whole diff mount area in OEM trim is weak we all know.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #16
kidrobot_

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
Hell. Yes.

HELL YES.
Was pretty much my reaction.

Please post some quality sound clips. I've always loved the Eisen Race. Curious to hear the setup here.

Congrats!
kidrobot_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #17
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
I was just taking a closer look at the photos (well taken CHAS!) and WTF!
I dont recall much talk about that plate. looks very interesting. This is something they should template and make and market for anyone to buy.
That whole diff mount area in OEM trim is weak we all know.
My car has that same plate, and we used it with the oem two piece driveshaft and oem rear diff (but with solid mounts) .. It withstood about 10 passes in vegas on slicks and the oem driveshaft showed no signs of twisting. Sorry I didn't tell you guys about it earlier .. Gotta keep some things a secret when you're going for records.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
SlideFox

My Ride: A Bucket w/ 4-Wheels
Congrats!!!

It needs to be said... If Jason wasn't banned he and Saad would be very active on this forum.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #19
Bdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
My car has that same plate, and we used it with the oem two piece driveshaft and oem rear diff (but with solid mounts) .. It withstood about 10 passes in vegas on slicks and the oem driveshaft showed no signs of twisting. Sorry I didn't tell you guys about it earlier .. Gotta keep some things a secret when you're going for records.
Heh heh. I understand. It is a very smart piece!
BTW, do you think you will just stay with the 2 piece drive shaft now, or not?
Old 07-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #20
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Congrats!!!
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote