E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #4541
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSooner View Post
As far as i know, the only difference between the two is the insulation. The CCV took me about 3 hours, including beer breaks. Definitely would have been way easier if I'd done the CCV and the OFHG at the same time, but I didn't have the foresight. It's not a terrible job, just takes patience and some lower back pain...nothing a few Advil and a couple beers can't alieviate! I would volunteer to help but I spend most weekends in Texas with my kids.

The new suspension is great. The XI has always sat an inch or two higher than its RWD cousins, so I didnt mind the slight drop. It's not really noticeable, visually speaking, but definitely better handling!
Thanks man, I was already sweating thinking it would be a whole day job. 3 hours won't be too bad if I can get started early in the morning. Doing OFHG at the same time too.
Since everyone else has already done the CCV and OFHG I guess I will order a single set then.

Quote:
While your at it, maybe replace the VCG too...unless recently replaced, that is also a culprit for oil leaks.
Yah, VCG has been done about a couple of months ago when we had the VANOS DIY day. If it still leaks then I guess I can do it in an hour or less now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor325i View Post
What springs are you running?

TJ- you might as well do the ccv when you do the oil filter housing gasket... its basically right there once you take out the housing....
Yup doing it together. Do we need to take that fan clutch out for the job? If yes, I might need to borrow your fan clutch tool Alton.
Did you fix your rattle yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHEAT View Post
Greetings people of Denver I just moved from Florida and im staying with my stepdaughter " IN DENVER" until we find a place to live, usually i work on my e46 myself but just in case can anybody recommend a decent mechanic in the area, the car spent its whole life in Florida so im getting nervous about the cold weather and the problems that might pop up. Thanks for any help
It will do just fine. Just make sure you have decent tires as mentioned above. I drive my car all year round, and with continentals it does just fine. Just be careful when you park, if you park in the street where there is too much inclination in one side or near the snow banks in a parking lot, you are bound to get stuck. DSC does a pretty good job in our cars and the streets are plowed regularly so you shouldn't worry. Just be careful and take it slow in the turns. Alton even drives around in his lowered RWD in winter and has no problems, except for the oil pan incident
Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #4542
Brandond11

My Ride: 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Brandond11 Send a message via Yahoo to Brandond11
Dinner at BDubs in BelMar on Sunday night(7/22) 6:00PM? Seems like this is the best location for everyone.

Last edited by Brandond11; 07-20-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Brandond11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #4543
vapor325i

My Ride: 2003 325i sedan
Belmar?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer App
Old 07-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #4544
Brandond11

That may help, yes BelMar.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #4545
trj

Almost had gone to watch the batman movie at the same theater yesterday. I drove through there just now. 17th and Peoria is blocked off.
I am glad to be alive and not hurt.

My best wishes to the families that have been affected.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #4546
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
My condolences too to anyone affected by the tragedy last night.

BTW I'm going to Great Indoors tomorrow around 10 am with my new car.
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #4547
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandond11 View Post
Dinner at BDubs in BelMar on Sunday night(7/22) 6:00PM? Seems like this is the best location for everyone.
Sorry Brandon, couldn't make it yesterday. Was at the echo lake trying to fish for the first time in my life. Actually caught a couple of trouts. That was my dinner. lol.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #4548
DenverSooner

My Ride: 2014 328d xDrive
Springs, anyone?

I have a set of springs from my '03 325xi that are leftover from my Eibach swap. I was going to toss them as they are taking too much room in my garage, but I know a lot of people have issues with broken springs so I thought I'd see if anyone wants to take them. If not, they are becoming paper weights.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #4549
AlpinewhiteXi

My Ride: 01 325Xi // 86 325e
Quote:
Springs, anyone?

I have a set of springs from my '03 325xi that are leftover from my Eibach swap. I was going to toss them as they are taking too much room in my garage, but I know a lot of people have issues with broken springs so I thought I'd see if anyone wants to take them. If not, they are becoming paper weights.
I need one rear. Still saving for an upgrade.
AlpinewhiteXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #4550
DenverSooner

My Ride: 2014 328d xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpinewhiteXi View Post
I need one rear. Still saving for an upgrade.
Not a problem. I will PM you my info and you can stop by and grab it.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #4551
trj

Guys, do you know any machine shops who can tap threads by removing or drilling the existing piece of broken bolt.
I broke the bolt which holds the fuel filter bracket right off the chassis while trying to change the fuel filter some time ago. Half of the bolt is still there, the bolt broke off clean with the nut. Since I was not driving this car for sometime I just put it back with the outer cover holding the filter.
But now, I am planning to do a whole lot of DIY and drive it daily again I am thinking to tap a hole there and use any external bolt.

Got my CCV and OHFG kit ordered, along with z3 reinforcement plates for RSMs(I forgot when I ordered the RSMs) bumper brackets(my bumper is not fitting flush any more because of numerous encounters with the parking lot bumper stoppers).

Brandon, when would you be free to help me with the RTABs and RSMs, lol? I still need to get the reinforcement plates. I guess they will be here by saturday evening. Also, I still need to get that stripped DISA bolt out lol to do OFHG and CCV.
I think my VCG is leaking again, or I didn't tighten it well last time. Will order the outer gasket soon after I am done with these repairs first.

Oh god, will it ever be over...

Last edited by trj; 07-26-2012 at 11:42 AM.
trj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #4552
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Is there any good karting in the Loveland area?
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #4553
RXP rider

My Ride: E46 325Ci 04'
Anyone in the front range area have some stock e46 coupe suspension pieces around? I have a 04 325Ci that needs to go back to stock height, springs or low milage shocks. PM me thanks
Old 07-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #4554
BWG

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum but not forums. I just got a 04 330i sedan that needs some help .
BWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #4555
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Is there any good karting in the Loveland area?
No one???
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #4556
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
No one???
Sorry Perk, I am not really familiar with that area.
I know there is one near broomfield, but its really far from loveland.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #4557
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWG View Post
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum but not forums. I just got a 04 330i sedan that needs some help .
Welcome here.
I am doing CCV and OFHG soon, what do you need help with on your car?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #4558
BWG

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
Welcome here.
I am doing CCV and OFHG soon, what do you need help with on your car?
Well I bought the car knowing it had specific issues like it needs a new A/C compressor, new radio deck, and it has a very slight oil pan leak. But it also has black powder coated m wheels, and a 100% real CF hood. In the future I wanna sell the hood and buy some twins for her but for now IDK where to take her for a quality service that won't break the bank. Any ideas?
BWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #4559
Brandond11

I'm trying to find a weekend that I can do a DIY day in the garage, probably will be the middle of August. Figure we can get some of those issues out of the way TJ.

Welcome BWG. Do you need a stock radio deck? I have one I would let go for $25, came out of a 2002 M3.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #4560
docwyte

My Ride: '89 944 Turbo
There are no karting places near loveland. You have to come down to the Denver area to hit the one near Centennial Airport or at Bandimere.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/signaturepics/sigpic14767_1.gif
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw exberts, colorado, denver, fifi, gaga ooh-la-la, kitty puuuuury, mile hi, more than you can afford, rolf, saint louis!, spee, steven was huuuurrr, steven's a girl eepsspee, toolberts, trebdesumanu, tuuuuuuuuuuuurbo awd?, vtec power