E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #101
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Insane build.
Cannot wait to hear sound clips on the complete setup.
PS. Why didnt you go with the evolve intake kit rather than the OEM. Wouldn't it have saved you a few thousands?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #102
m3dragon

My Ride: CSL M3 / 1M
Send a message via AIM to m3dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
Insane build.
Cannot wait to hear sound clips on the complete setup.
PS. Why didnt you go with the evolve intake kit rather than the OEM. Wouldn't it have saved you a few thousands?
I went no OE on parts in the past IE roof. I rather spend the $$ for no install issues. Granted Evolve is probably a perfect fit and may even make more power by a small margin. However I have gone full OE CSL to this point so might as well keep the theme going to make a complete car.
m3dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #103
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
I hear you.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #104
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
I went no OE on parts in the past IE roof. I rather spend the $$ for no install issues. Granted Evolve is probably a perfect fit and may even make more power by a small margin. However I have gone full OE CSL to this point so might as well keep the theme going to make a complete car.
Cant beat OEM quality.
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #105
m3dragon

Today the miscellaneous box of parts showed up. This contained mostly the parts for the center console. Also included was the OE BMW differential parts and the SMG expansion tank. Basically all the nuts and bolts HAHA. All that is left to arrive is the CSL cam, Bumper, snorkel and center console.

Last edited by m3dragon; 08-01-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #106
blksab65

My Ride: 1987 325 (i Swapped)
i barely made it one year with no front plate
blksab65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #107
m3dragon

Finally got the SMG controller from ESS. I was disappointed in how they returned the unit to me. Controller was not in a static free bag as I sent it to them and it was in a USPS flat rate box with only one pass of bubble wrap. They are also slow to respond to emails. Anyone else have these issues with ESS or am I just the lucky one? I have taken it for about 40 miles of driving and can’t tell 100% if there is a change. From what I notice it seems to change up a smidge faster and downshifts are a smidge faster in feel. I am taking it on a “spirited” drive this weekend.

Also arrived are the Samsco hoses as part of the coolant system refresh when I take out the radiator. Hopefully these will keep the car cool for many years to come =)

NorCal drive organizer guy
Drive database and photo locations
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion
E46 M3 GTR Street Car - Build Journal
Old 08-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #108
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Holy pictures Batman!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #109
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
good for you man. after years of modding bmw's i realize these are how the cars should be built. big fan
Old 08-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #110
crazyxzer0

My Ride: 2004 330i
Send a message via AIM to crazyxzer0 Send a message via MSN to crazyxzer0
great car! The more I look at these pics, the more I realize, I think I was at Thunderhill march 3rd. I was in the black ZHP. I think I even parked near you. I can't really remember anymore.

Hope to see you soon at another trackday!

-Derek
BMW Perf. 6Pot Calipers|M3 LSD|GC Coilovers w/ Swift Springs|UUC TSE3 Exhaust|AFE Stage 1 Intake

My Build Thread
crazyxzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #111
m3dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyxzer0 View Post
great car! The more I look at these pics, the more I realize, I think I was at Thunderhill march 3rd. I was in the black ZHP. I think I even parked near you. I can't really remember anymore.

Hope to see you soon at another trackday!
Could have been. There was a lot of BMW's there when I was. That was my second track day which compared to my first one was much better. The first track day had rain all afternoon.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #112
BMWDEMON

My Ride: E90 M3 & 05 E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to BMWDEMON
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
CSL intake is does not give you much unless you do the cams with it. The headers, cats help with mid ranges or high ranges. So unless you are willing to do cams as well the intake is not worth doing.
First, great build! I will follow this until the end!

Please send me your contact for the CSL parts....I am interested in the cam!

BTW, I have 302 to the wheels with no cam so once the cam goes in you should be closer to 330!!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!! (I have the Evolve intake, SS V1 headers/cats/Eisenmann race/Alpha-N tune)

Keep it up!

M
BMWDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #113
m3dragon

Finally was able to install one of the major parts on the M3 on Saturday 9/1/12. My wife's father works for a Porsche/Subaru shop so I was able to get access to a lift so I could install the steering rack. I combined it with two oil changes as well. Might as well make the most of having a lift right. Below are the images of the day and the work done to the M3 and 1M.

Image of the wife driving the 1M to the shop. Nice morning AM drive on the free up to Auburn.

1M was up first as that was just in for a oil change. So needed it as it was almost 7000 miles. I know bad M owner but I have been busy.

The following images are of the install of the steering rack. Sorry for the crappy image quality as all I had was my Iphone. I forgot the good camera so this is the best I could do. The install of the steering was pretty straight forward and took about 2 hours to do the install. I also changed the oil as it was due.

The change in the steering is noticeable. I was concerned a little as some said they did not notice a change when they drove their M3 and a M3 with the competition steering rack. The steering feels sharper and I can notice I do not have to turn the wheel as much as I did before when making hard over turns. It is not major change but enough that makes the steering feel closer to the 1M which was my goal. I believe that if I did try the ZHP rack of a 330 it probably would feel a tight as the 1M does but I did not want to go that extreme. OK so enough talking from me, images of the work below.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #114
m3dragon

For kick and giggle I wanted to see what 10 years of ownership looks like in paperwork. It basically means a whole lot of paperwork in a hanging folder that I will have to split into two eventually.

Last edited by m3dragon; 09-06-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #115
h82lose

My Ride: 335i
Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #116
m3dragon

I did a drive last weekend with some local NorCal guys up HWY 1 on a 189 mile loop. (345 miles total for me). For those who say there is not a major change between the CSL/ZCP steering rack and OE need to take it on a super twisty road. Like most I did not feel a major change when driving surface streets and making tight turns in town. Hitting the back roads and taking hair pin turns is where I really felt a change. Bear with me as I try to explain. Before on a tight hair pin I would have fully crossed my arms over and still would need to turn more to make the turn. IE remove hand(s) and turn the wheel more. Now I do not exceed making a parallel X when having to crank the car over. Sorry best way to explain it. Bottom line is I just got my justification the cost was worth it. ESS software seems to make down changes and up changes in mode 5 a tad faster for a update there.
Here is one of the images of the drive.

If you care to see some more images of the group drive I lead you can see them at www.norcaldrivers.com. Hopefully I will expand this website to the other states for the routes/photo places if anyone ever sends me routes and photo locations..

Old 09-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #117
m3dragon

So the long awaited big items arrived today. Thank you to the Evolve guys for a great packing job. A thing to point out is that the bumper comes with the gasket, splitters, and tow hoot cover. So I have a spare tow cover, 2 extra splitters and a spare seal. Kind of nice but at the same time could have saved the funds. Ok as usual images below.

Items all packed up and delivered

All the miscellaneous parts needed to install and complete the bumper installation.

Last of the interior parts from BMW were in this order. One step closer to getting the car to the interior shop. I hope to be able to pick the seats up next week as they are in.

The bumper itself. It comes painted which is kind of a bummer as I need to repay it. The bumper also seems to be some sort of carbon fiber? First time seeing a OE CSL bumper off a car.

I have 2 pairs of splitters. The splitters are super light and seem to be a thin carbon fiber. I will do a write up OE vs VS splitters.

OE grill so nothing to unusual here.

[b]The final piece of the intake puzzle. Only bummer part with this order is you can only order it with the servo. I am going to see what it might take to get it to work. Nice thing about having a mechanical / electrical engineer as a father =)[p]

Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #118
bh0pp

My Ride: 323ci
Wow, that is one amazing car! Keep up the good work
Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #119
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
This is the way these cars should be modded.

With class, and style. Yet, still maintaining the sporty and aggressive visual appeal.

Nice car man. Real nice.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #120
ElrichMeister

My Ride: 06 325Ci M56
wow amazing car, the car looks like its in great shape. I eventually want to own an e46 M3, and keep it forever. Just wondering how many miles are on it?