E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
yeekid

My Ride: 330i
Rear deck speakers replacement

So i blew out one of the rear speakers in my e46 sedan. It came with the standard non Hk sound system. I replaced both rears with Tempo Coaxial speakers. However when I got them installed, the guy told me that he had to disconnect the rear door speakers ( the tweeters in the doors.) He said he had to so he can reroute whatever wires ( or something like that) that those tweeters needed to the new tempo speakers. Did he need to do that in order to get the tempo speakers working. To be honest, I was interested in actually adding more bass( or base) to my overall sound system. However, i dont see that with the coaxial speakers.
1) Is it better that i find component speakers that focus on just the lows?
2) Is it possible to install speakers in the rear deck that focus on the bass, and if so , would those have to be component speakers?
3) did the guy who installed my coaxial speakers actually have to disconnect the rear door tweeters.
4) if i keep the setup the way it is with my tempo speakers in there, can i put midrange speakers in the rear doors without having to do any extra wiring?

The main thing i want to ask is what is the best way to get the most bass through adding speakers in the rear deck.
yeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
jasonbimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330xi
I think the rear deck ones are not 2 way speakers. just get two woofers.
jasonbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
Sweetness
E46 is strong with this one

My Ride: '01 325i
Lmao you fuccked up your wiring. The old speakers can be replaced for like $30 each at ecstuning
Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
the guy that did the work doesn't know the system

first off the rear door speakers are mid range not tweeters

the rear deck speakers are 6x9 sub woofers, not 2 way speakers, there is only one 6x9 subwoofer on market that i know of, don't waste your time

all he did is disconnect the wires to your mid ranges and send that signal to the rear 2 ways, which is not a proper signal for them

the hk system is all split up via a crossover and the appropriate signal is sent to each component speaker

bring it back, have the ahole re wire your door speakers.................disconnect and rip out the rear deck subs if you haven't don't so allready
leave the covers on deck so no hole showing

get an infinity basslink and wire it as such

not alot you can do for bass with this system other than ripping it all out and starting from scratch which is alot of money and work

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...light=basslink

same old story, everytime you let someone work on your car they butcher it up, that's what this forum is for, to avoid that, hope you learned your lesson, do your homework , do it yourself next time

get your money back

feel free to print this out and teach him something

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 02-25-2012 at 11:17 AM.
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
yeekid

My Ride: 330i
I had the non HK system...
yeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
txmbr

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
I just finished putting in Polk DXi Series 6 1/2 in the rear deck and 5 1/4 in the front bottom. WOW...what a difference. They went right in with the furnished adapters from Crutchfield. I am very pleased with the upgrade. This was really an easy upgrade. Mine is a non HK system also.
txmbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
The HK and non HK have different impedance ratings. Both of which arent the usual. So just make sure your new speakers are same.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
2ohm if i remember correctly,most speakers are 4 i think

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
txmbr

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
The factory are 2 ohm and the speakers I put in (Polk) are 4 ohm. I will have to turn the volume a tad higher to reach the same loudness level but not a problem. The amp works harder but not a issue. The important part...what a improvement over the factory speakers.
txmbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #10
tatito 02

My Ride: 2001 325 ci coupe
Those are 2 way speakers you dont get any response from the tweeters right?
tatito 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
Jussybro

My Ride: 2006 325Ci E46 Coupe
Cool

Ok this is a great thread and I’m in the process of upgrading my speakers in my 2006 325Ci E46 Coupe.

I want to keep the original head deck (looks, nav-no internet needed, cost). How do you know if you have a HK system or not?
Does anyone have a Link to the workshop and operators manual for the Nav MK4?

Ive ordered a set of splits for the front and was going to run them off 2400W 4 channel Boss Amp and bridge 2 channels for the Alpine 12” sub.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190456852...84.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190648013...84.m1436.l2649

The boss amp sez it has an “Input Sensitivity Selector” so will I need a PAC line output converter?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280489083...84.m1436.l2649

I’m stuck for ideas on the back speakers? Thinking a second Boss amp and ???
What speakers are in the rear arm rest area of my coupe?

Tags
bass, install, rear, speakers, standard