E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.43 average.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #4561
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
Sorry Perk, I am not really familiar with that area.
I know there is one near broomfield, but its really far from loveland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
There are no karting places near loveland. You have to come down to the Denver area to hit the one near Centennial Airport or at Bandimere.
Thanks guys, I'll have look into those. Hopefully I get to meet some of you at some local meets.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #4562
325adam

My Ride: 02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandond11 View Post
I'm trying to find a weekend that I can do a DIY day in the garage, probably will be the middle of August. Figure we can get some of those issues out of the way TJ.

Welcome BWG. Do you need a stock radio deck? I have one I would let go for $25, came out of a 2002 M3.
Brandon.....If he doesnt want the deck, I will take it.
325adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #4563
BWG

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
Quote:
I'm trying to find a weekend that I can do a DIY day in the garage, probably will be the middle of August. Figure we can get some of those issues out of the way TJ.

Welcome BWG. Do you need a stock radio deck? I have one I would let go for $25, came out of a 2002 M3.
If I can't get this one to work in the next few days I will take you up on that offer thanks!

Btw have any of you guys seen what Bandimere speedway is doing? Apparently to help against street racing every Wednesday from 3pm to 10pm you pay 30 bucks and get unlimited racing and you can be as young as 16 and still race.
BWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #4564
Brandond11

My Ride: 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Brandond11 Send a message via Yahoo to Brandond11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325adam View Post
sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWG View Post
If I can't get this one to work in the next few days I will take you up on that offer thanks!

Btw have any of you guys seen what Bandimere speedway is doing? Apparently to help against street racing every Wednesday from 3pm to 10pm you pay 30 bucks and get unlimited racing and you can be as young as 16 and still race.
Yeah they've been doing that for a while. There's always a huge line so you're lucky to get 3 runs in.
Brandond11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #4565
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:

Thanks Brandon, Sounds great.
The reinforcement plates(which I forgot to order earlier with the RSMs ) arrived along with CCV, OFHG and bumper brackets.

Now trying to figure out a good overcast but not rainy day to do the CCV and OFHG and the bumper brackets. For RSMs and RTABs I will definitely need your help
Old 07-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #4566
colo330xi

My Ride: 01 330xi
Hey guys looking for some advice regarding bushing installs.

I've got the powerflex bushings to replace my worn FCABs, got the RTABs for good measure. On the Xi, the FCAB procedure seems to be kind of a *****, I also don't have a press that would get the FCABs free from the housing. (since you have to re-use the housing)

At this point I'd be willing to pay a shop, but a lot of places won't take customer parts. Any recommendations would be great.
colo330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #4567
E46BAV90

My Ride: 330ci & 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by colo330xi View Post
Hey guys looking for some advice regarding bushing installs.

I've got the powerflex bushings to replace my worn FCABs, got the RTABs for good measure. On the Xi, the FCAB procedure seems to be kind of a *****, I also don't have a press that would get the FCABs free from the housing. (since you have to re-use the housing)

At this point I'd be willing to pay a shop, but a lot of places won't take customer parts. Any recommendations would be great.
http://www.amwbmw.com/ If you don't want to do the FCABs yourself, try these guys; they do great work at a fair price

Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement DIY
E46BAV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #4568
E46BAV90

My Ride: 330ci & 325xi
Hey guys I've got some repair work that I'll be doing in the next couple weeks. Just trying to expand from the group VANOS repair that was done a couple months ago If anyone wants to join me, here's my list

1. FCABs + RTABs
2. Rear subframe + differential bushings
3. Clutch pedal master cylinder
4. Tie rods

*If you have other stuff you want to get done, lets hear it (With 180K I'll most likely I'll need to do it too)

Maybe we could get a few guys together and do another group DIY.

Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement DIY
E46BAV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #4569
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46BAV90 View Post
Hey guys I've got some repair work that I'll be doing in the next couple weeks. Just trying to expand from the group VANOS repair that was done a couple months ago If anyone wants to join me, here's my list

1. FCABs + RTABs
4. Tie rods

*If you have other stuff you want to get done, lets hear it (With 180K I'll most likely I'll need to do it too)

I am in, I have to do CCV and OFHG. Not having a place to do it and another person for morale boost does make it scary.
Brandon said he will help me with RTABs and RSMs, but if its a group DIY then I will definitely join you too.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #4570
colo330xi

My Ride: 01 330xi
Quote:
http://www.amwbmw.com/ If you don't want to do the FCABs yourself, try these guys; they do great work at a fair price
They are one of the places that won't take any customer parts.

Any of you guys who are planning on meeting up to do some work happen to have a big shop press? I'd gladly pitch in for food/drink/supplies.
colo330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #4571
Brandond11

Quote:

1. FCABs + RTABs
4. Tie rods

I will be doing the subframe reinforcement this winter so I will just come and turn a wrench.

Quote:
I am in, I have to do CCV and OFHG. Not having a place to do it and another person for morale boost does make it scary.
Brandon said he will help me with RTABs and RSMs, but if its a group DIY then I will definitely join you too.
I'll also cheerlead

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo330xi View Post
They are one of the places that won't take any customer parts.

Any of you guys who are planning on meeting up to do some work happen to have a big shop press? I'd gladly pitch in for food/drink/supplies.
We used a vice the last time we did some, but I don't have a vice... I'll look tonight to see if I have any extra carries then you could get them pressed in and then just swap them over. I'll check back in this evening or tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #4572
trj

Quote:

I'll also cheerlead
oh yah lol.

I tried to do the OFHG and CCV today without fan clutch tool Just couldnt see it happening without the fan out. So gave up(too hot as well).
I guess I will wait till the DIY day now.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #4573
BWG

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325adam View Post
Hey man I just replaced my deck with a Kenwood deck so his deck is all yours
BWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #4574
trj

Looking for an xi, found one in craigslist. What do you guys think?

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3180079123.html

Probably will check it out later in the evening.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #4575
MarcusDubya77

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG Dinan SC
Send a message via Yahoo to MarcusDubya77 Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusDubya77
New to the community. Currently reside in Colorado Springs. Just changed over from an Evo X to an 03 Indigo Blue M3 Vert w/ Dinan Supercharger. Really excited about the car, and already started picking up parts.
MarcusDubya77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #4576
Brandond11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77 View Post
New to the community. Currently reside in Colorado Springs. Just changed over from an Evo X to an 03 Indigo Blue M3 Vert w/ Dinan Supercharger. Really excited about the car, and already started picking up parts.
Hi Marcus it's Brandon, that M you have is a beauty!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #4577
Brandond11

BTW I'm going to try and make the Bimmer Burger Night at the Sonic in Littleton this week, anyone else going?

6:00PM, August 8th
Sonic Littleton
7561 Shaffer Parkway
Littleton, CO
(303) 972-1857
Old 08-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #4578
MarcusDubya77

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG Dinan SC
Send a message via Yahoo to MarcusDubya77 Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusDubya77
Quote:
Hi Marcus it's Brandon, that M you have is a beauty!
Thanks, and same to you. Especially the Imola Red interior. Just ordered some cosmetic enhancements to liven up my new fun.
MarcusDubya77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #4579
trj

Quote:
BTW I'm going to try and make the Bimmer Burger Night at the Sonic in Littleton this week, anyone else going?

6:00PM, August 8th
Sonic Littleton
7561 Shaffer Parkway
Littleton, CO
(303) 972-1857
Is it still On Brandon?

Edit:
My bad, I thought today was 8th. You usually make meets on thursdays and I never bothered to check the date thinking it was thursday.

Last edited by trj; 08-09-2012 at 12:21 PM.
trj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #4580
Brandond11

Quote:
Is it still On Brandon?

Edit:
My bad, I thought today was 8th. You usually make meets on thursdays and I never bothered to check the date thinking it was thursday.
Yeah sorry about that, this was part of the CCA meets they do. I'll get a meet organized for next week maybe. What night can everyone do?

Tags
bmw exberts, colorado, denver, fifi, gaga ooh-la-la, kitty puuuuury, mile hi, more than you can afford, rolf, saint louis!, spee, steven was huuuurrr, steven's a girl eepsspee, toolberts, trebdesumanu, tuuuuuuuuuuuurbo awd?, vtec power