E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Usage and Posting Rules for Forced Induction Forum

Please take a moment to review the latest usage and posting rules

E46Fanatics.com and its forums are a community of members with common interests.

These rules are to make sure that the community on E46Fanatics.com is a fun and friendly place for everyone. The moderators and administrators are here to make sure that a few members do not ruin the community for everyone.

*For Sale Threads: They belong in the CLASSIFIEDS SECTION: NOWHERE ELSE! Period.

____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ _____________

*Thread Pollution: Please do not CROSS-POST/CROSS-THREAD. Or it MAY CAUSE all of your threads to be deleted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* If you don't have anything nice to post, then don't post - Before you post, ask yourself if you would say the same thing to someone's face. If you wouldn't then there is no reason to have it on the forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Respect - Respect other members and their views. With a community as large at E46Fanatics.com it is inevitable that you are going to find someone view that isn't the same as yours. Everyone is entitled to their view and it isn't anyone's job to prove that someones view is wrong.

* Thread pollution - If you do not have anything to contribute toward the original thread topic please do not pollute the thread with unrelated content. If the thread is not interesting to you simply move on.

* Why was So-And-So Banned - If you have a question about why someone was banned please contact the moderators/administrators directly . Posting about why they were banned in an attempt to stir up support for someone may cause their ban to be lengthen and will cause you to lose your posting rights as well.

* Don't read threads you don't want to know about - If you don't think a thread topic is a good one, then don't read it. The rest of the community is just fine not knowing that you think a thread is "stupid". If you feel a member is prone to posting "stupid" threads use the ignore feature (more on that below).

* Ignore a member - Is there a certain member that bothers you? Then simply add them to your ignore list. You can do this from the user profile and you will never have to see posts from them again.

* Replying to Trolls/Offensive posts - If you see an offensive post the only acceptable course of action is to report it (more on that below). If you reply to a troll or offensive post with an offensive reply you are as guilty if not more than the initial poster. The moderators/administrators will not accept the excuse that you did not start the problem. You are choosing to be a part of the problem if you reply and you will be treated as such. Use the report a post feature and let the moderators deal with the true issue.

* Report a post - Please please help us keep E46Fanatics.com fun and friendly for everyone. If you see a comment that is offensive, polluting a thread, racist, or down right mean please use the triangle icon (this icon ) to report the problem to the moderators and admin. We simply can't read every post each day and need your help to alert us when there is an issue that we might not otherwise see. Even if you think we are going to see it, it doesn't hurt to report it to us.

* Thread/post removal - Threads and posts are removed without warning, explanation or notification. We do our best to let members know why a thread was removed but moderators/administrators have busy lives just like you. If you think for a moment about why a thread might have been removed the answer you come up with is most likely correct. If you still need further clarification please contact a moderator directly.

The above rules will be managed by an infraction system of points. Each offense has an infraction point level and members can track their infractions and infraction points from their User CP. 11 points results in the lost of posting rights until your points expire. 15 points results in a permanent lost of a members privilege to use E46Fanatics. Follow the simple rules above and we will not have any issues.

E46Fanatics Team.

---------------------------------------------------

"I catch you in my dreams, just me and you. But you seem confused, I'm not trying to break the rules.
So why do you feel the way that you do? So why do you feel the way that you do?"

2014 LA Autoshow FB Gallery

Last edited by MachRc; 08-03-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
P.S.

From friends you know and people you've never met, abuse comes in many forms. Maybe it's a nasty comment. Maybe it's an insulting posts. Maybe it's writing "**** U ****" to your replies.

So what do you do if someone is being mean to you online? Cry? Sit there and take it? No. You survive. You prevail. Here's how to beat the trolls.

Take threats seriously

Look, if someone threatens you with physical harm via the internet, go to the police. No matter what. No exceptions.

But if things are less severe...

Take it offline

If another member is being a jackass on the Internet, try to hash it out off the Internet. As magical as it is, the web just isn't a good way to express sincerity. Odds are, you two will misunderstand each other online and exacerbate your spat. Just bury the hatchet face to face.

Tattle on them

It's easy to talk **** online. And it's just as easy to whine to the authorities about it. There is shame in telling on people in kindergarten, or in the mafia. But not online. Snitching is just a tool in your belt, not a sign of weakness.

Every post can be reported directly to the mods.

You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, incites violence; or contains penis.

It's extremely easy to report stuff you don't like.

Ignore it

The moral high road isn't fun, but if it were, it wouldn't be so moral and high. It might be satisfying to see your foe banned Harassing posts? Ignore them. Rude PMs? Ignore. Petty comment? Ignore. The silent treatment is the best way to make a troll bored-and when they're bored, they'll move on in search of a better reaction.

Seal yourself off

Block and delete. Block the infringer.

Fight back

And then, there's this. The counterattack. This is risky, and perhaps even ill-advised, but a troll can be shocked into submission by the power of your own typing. My car slow? No, your car is slow, and we all know why your parents got divorced. Oh, I'm an idiot because I support [Vendor]? Here's an educated, 500 word explanation of how you don't have your facts straight.
Mic drop.

Shut up.

Posting an embarrassing picture? Cool! Here's a video of you moneyshifting into 2nd.

Is this petty? Yes. Will it potentially make your situation exponentially worse? Yes. But is there a perverse joy in fighting it out online? maybe when the mods arent looking-it's in the web's soul. Just be ready for a long engagement that publicly degrades everyone involved.

Just meet them and Kick his* ass

Neither E46fanatics nor I as mod endorses the use of violence. But, if you've been digitally assaulted, and you choose to take the conflict offline as recommended above, there's an outside chance your civil discussion could escalate. Someone, hypothetically, could get punched in the neck/balls. That can get some results! Caution: Consult a lawyer.

"I catch you in my dreams, just me and you. But you seem confused, I'm not trying to break the rules.
So why do you feel the way that you do? So why do you feel the way that you do?"

2014 LA Autoshow FB Gallery

Last edited by MachRc; 08-03-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Closed Thread