E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Money Matters

Money Matters
Financial, Stock, Investment etc. posts here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #21
vandbmdubbin

My Ride: E36 M3 Alpine/Modena
Send a message via AIM to vandbmdubbin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltx325i View Post
HAHAHA...I have to admit, this made me laugh. Then I read how old you are and it all made sense. This is why you can use the word retarded with complete disregard for what it means and who it offends. Until you have a family member with down syndrome, I'm sure you will continue to do so.

Seeing as you hadn't previously posted that you flipped houses, I can't understand what made you so upset. It's not like I was taking a shot at what you do. I was simply sharing my experience. It failed because we finished the house in 2008. At that time you where only 20 years old so I wouldn't expect you to understand what was happening with the housing market. If you are doing good, great for you.

My point was, NOTHING comes easy or fast. Are you telling me that flipping the homes that you are so successful with are easy to do? I know for a fact, they are not. And it definitely doesn't happen fast.

Once you stop being a "right now" person, you will see what I am talking about. I wouldn't think you would know what I am trying to tell you as this seems to be the motto with your generation. Lastly, stop worrying about flipping houses and go take a grammar class. Was that really all 1 sentence??
I disregarded my grammar and replied in frustration. Congrats you know where the sentence was suppose to stop and a new one begin. It still does not take away your comment "There is no way" since your not an entrepreneur i can understand how that means nothing to you, but it is rather offensive to me. At the same time it pisses me off for you to try and deter someone else with those words.

I was flipping houses when i was 19, so yes i am rather familiar with the housing market in 2008 and apparently had slightly more insight because while you failed i succeeded. Age means nothing IMO.

You are correct that nothing comes easy, that should have been your post then. I never dog anyone with telling them "there is no way". Especially when they are trying to learn. Your also right in saying that things do not happen "fast" (depending on what one's definition of "fast" is). I was not arguing with these points at all.

You are also right with my generation living for the "right now" and when they try to get out people throw the stones of negativity towards them and they fall back into the ranks of conformity. Precisely what i was trying to avoid happening here.

My sincere apologies if certain words i used offended you, certainly not my intention. Negative people just fire me up and i try to stop them often from throwing those stones at people trying to change or learn.

Last edited by vandbmdubbin; 05-10-2012 at 08:42 PM.
vandbmdubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #22
ltx325i

My Ride: 2004 325i
I understand what you are saying. Now, just so it is more clear, here is what I am saying. As my father was in a wheel chair since I was in grade school and he was a self employed electrician, who do you think did the work? It was me. I know all about the idea of working for yourself and trying new things. After working for Motorola for years and getting let go twice, I decided to make my dreams come true and work for myself. I tried several things and they where successful. Was it enough to pay the $1,000 a month for medical and dental for my kids and wife? No, it wasn't. I had an even more successful lawn business that I sold after 4 years of owning. I had 41 residential and 3 commercial accounts. I worked at Motorola from 6pm to 6am, came home and cut grass until noon, then slept and went back to work. Although it was successful, it was a lot of work. I grew my business by 100% every year. So, the money didn't come FAST as the OP had asked. I decided to use my knowledge instead and stop worrying about trying to make money fast. I have made over $400k in the past two years working a regular job and get to spend every other month at home.

The OP asked how to make money FAST, not ways to make money without working a regular job. There is no way to make money FAST. Nothing in this world is free.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #23
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Make beats, and call yourself a producer; its an untapped market.

Sent haphazardly from my HTC

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #24
Metternich

My Ride: Toyota
Best way to make money fast is to not spend it foolishly, one of the hardest things to do.

I like this saying: don't spend money you don't really have, on things you don't really need, to impress people you don't really care about.

Pretty simple, eh?
Metternich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #25
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandbmdubbin View Post
I disregarded my grammar and replied in frustration. Congrats you know where the sentence was suppose to stop and a new one begin. It still does not take away your comment "There is no way" since your not an entrepreneur i can understand how that means nothing to you, but it is rather offensive to me. At the same time it pisses me off for you to try and deter someone else with those words.

I was flipping houses when i was 19, so yes i am rather familiar with the housing market in 2008 and apparently had slightly more insight because while you failed i succeeded. Age means nothing IMO.

You are correct that nothing comes easy, that should have been your post then. I never dog anyone with telling them "there is no way". Especially when they are trying to learn. Your also right in saying that things do not happen "fast" (depending on what one's definition of "fast" is). I was not arguing with these points at all.

You are also right with my generation living for the "right now" and when they try to get out people throw the stones of negativity towards them and they fall back into the ranks of conformity. Precisely what i was trying to avoid happening here.

My sincere apologies if certain words i used offended you, certainly not my intention. Negative people just fire me up and i try to stop them often from throwing those stones at people trying to change or learn.
Quote:
I understand what you are saying. Now, just so it is more clear, here is what I am saying. As my father was in a wheel chair since I was in grade school and he was a self employed electrician, who do you think did the work? It was me. I know all about the idea of working for yourself and trying new things. After working for Motorola for years and getting let go twice, I decided to make my dreams come true and work for myself. I tried several things and they where successful. Was it enough to pay the $1,000 a month for medical and dental for my kids and wife? No, it wasn't. I had an even more successful lawn business that I sold after 4 years of owning. I had 41 residential and 3 commercial accounts. I worked at Motorola from 6pm to 6am, came home and cut grass until noon, then slept and went back to work. Although it was successful, it was a lot of work. I grew my business by 100% every year. So, the money didn't come FAST as the OP had asked. I decided to use my knowledge instead and stop worrying about trying to make money fast. I have made over $400k in the past two years working a regular job and get to spend every other month at home.

The OP asked how to make money FAST, not ways to make money without working a regular job. There is no way to make money FAST. Nothing in this world is free.
fvck are you guys talking about?

OP, just get some drugs and work your way up. first comes the money. when you get the money, then you get the power. when you get the power, then you get the women
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
Martin 03 325i

My Ride: 03 325I
find a sugga momma
Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #27
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
sell an organ.
USCTrojanMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #28
eclipsor

My Ride: stahlblau
Send a message via AIM to eclipsor
Any info on how to get into flipping homes?

Jet Black 1994 325is -> Steelblue 2003 325i
eclipsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:03 AM   #29
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsor View Post
Any info on how to get into flipping homes?
buy it
rent it out
???
sell it
profit
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #30
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
Quote:

I am interested to know more of your ideas, I have a one rental house only and you have 41. woww.
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #31
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmr3 View Post
I am interested to know more of your ideas, I have a one rental house only and you have 41. woww.
Read it again.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #32
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
physically blow or sell blow
too dangerous.

Find the guy that is wholesaling the coke.

Find out where he hides his money.

Steal his money and leave town.

It's not like he is going to call the cops.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #33
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
invest in JB
or sell sperm lol ask griffin lmao thats how he actually bought his 330 im not kidding
Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #34
sjbraunlich

My Ride: 2006 F150
Anyone know anything about window cleaning and/or power washing? Seem Like low start up cost and easy money.
sjbraunlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #35
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbraunlich View Post
Anyone know anything about window cleaning and/or power washing? Seem Like low start up cost and easy money.
I think this would be a good place to start.

They don't like DI Yourselfers, but if you log in your ID as self employed , contractor....or just make something up...you can get by.

Very good ideas here, they are all professionals.

Good Luck...

http://www.contractortalk.com/f61/

http://www.contractortalk.com/f61/
Old 08-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
sjbraunlich

My Ride: 2006 F150
Cool website man thanks. I have been tossing around the idea of starting one up.
sjbraunlich is offline   Reply With Quote