E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
ThatGuy_JZ

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to ThatGuy_JZ
FS: 2002 325Ci Sport/Premium 5spd - 102k - $11,000 - NC

2002 BMW 325Ci Sport and Premium package - 5 speed manual - 102k miles - Steel Blue Metallic on Grey Leather - Clean Title in hand - $11,000

Located in Charlotte, NC

I really can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm testing the waters to see if there's any interest in my car. The reason I'm thinking about selling it is I've just started a rather expensive school program and could use the money to help pay for some of the costs. Also, my daily commute is much longer and thru a pretty busy part of the city, and rather than see the car get beat up day to day, I'd rather it go to someone else that'll enjoy and take care of it like I have over the years. I feel like it would be more sensible to get something a little more practical for the commute and better on gas.

History: I bought the car in 2008 from Washington DC from an older man retired from the military with 48k miles on the odo. I am the second owner of the car. I have an extensively thick binder with all maintenance records as well as some performance mods. I have always taken care of this car above and beyond what most people would. It's been my baby so to speak and I've also kept it running tip-top. It would be hard to find another one of these that's been as well taken care of as this. The car does not leak any fluids and has no major mechanical issues, AC and heat work perfectly. Washed weekly and detailed regularly, leather also conditioned as often as possible to prevent any further aging. It's only thrown 2 check engine lights since I've owned it and both were related to the secondary air system and all that has been replaced and refreshed

Repairs: When I bought the car the original owner had the hood and drivers side re-sprayed, apparently his motorcycle fell on it in the garage so that had to be repaired. In 2008 I was parked and someone pulled into a parking space next to me and damaged the passenger side fender, this was repaired locally. Around 2009 or 2010 I spun the car out avoiding someone that pulled out in front of me, at low speed I hit a curb perpendicularly and went down a small hill into a ditch hitting a small tree stump. This was professionally repaired by Hendrick BMW. The suspension did not sustain any damage from the accident nor did the body of the car. The stump clipped the very bottom of my front bumper, the AC condenser and the radiator/expansion tank and a pulley. All parts were repaired by Hendrick. I have photos of the damage and the car as it came to rest at the bottom of the hill to show the damage was indeed minimal and limited to nothing serious. In 2011 I was lightly side swiped parked on the street downtown, I had my drivers mirror and fender damaged. Fender damage was very light and mirror was completely taken off. This was repaired by Scott Autobody. Various dents and dings professionally pulled by Dent Wizard on Independence Blvd.

Maintenance: I'm just going off the top of my head as far as what has been done, in my records I have written the mileage on all the receipts when parts have been replaced. As I said I have records on pretty much all parts replaced. All parts replaced with OEM genuine parts. The list is too long to write here, so I will not include everything. What you see below is just the shorter version of what's been done.

Fluids:
Always ran 93 octane gas
Oil/filter changes using OEM BMW oil every 7500 miles.
Brake fluid flushed and replaced with Motul 600 about a year ago
Diff fluid flushed twice with Redline, just changed very recently
Trans fluid flushed twice with Redline D4 ATF, just changed very recently
Power Steering checked regularly, never had an issue
Coolant system flushed and serviced about a year or so ago after accident
AC system also serviced at the same time after accident

Common items:
Fuel filter/spark plugs/air filter/cabin filter/intake boots/belts/etc
FCAB's replaced with Meyle
RTAB's replaced with OEM M3 and Vorshlag limiters
Rear upper shock mounts replaced with Meyle
Oil separator (CCV) and all related hoses, gaskets, and vacuum lines/caps
Vanos seals (Besian systems) & all related gaskets
Oil filter housing gasket
Secondary Air system has all new relays, vacuum lines, and switches
Rouge rear spring perch re-enforcement plates
Rouge Transmission bushings
OEM Thermostat housing and Stewart High Performance Water Pump(lifetime warranty)
Pulleys (idler and tensioners)
Final Stage Resistor for HVAC
Gas pedal replaced b/c original was notchy (this was a known issue but no recall)
Radiator and Expansion Tank (from accident)
Rear diff output shaft seal
Both driver and passenger side window regulators and window trim

Upgrades:
Brakes: UUC slotted front rotors and blank rear rotors, stainless lines, Performance Friction Z compound pads all around still with great life left

Suspension: D2 coilovers with adujstable camber plates(1 year old, height and dampening adjustable, like Teins), Hotchkis Sway bars and front/rear endlinks (front endlinks are new), FCAB and RTAB bushings replaced as mentioned above, OEM M3 front strut bar

Drivetrain: OEM modified short shifter (understeer.com), 3.46 diff from automatic, Vibrant matte black muffler, K&N intake, UUC under drive pulleys

Lighting: 6k bulbs, Khoalty LED angle eyes, euro-coded LCM to keep amber corner lights off unless signaling, smoked and clear corners, 04-05 inner trunk lights, LED license plate bulbs, Yellow highs and fog bulbs, clear side markers, new headlight lens covers

Exterior: OEM Mtech II front bumper, OEM M3 mirrors, Replica ACS rear spoiler, Replica ACS rear lip, Silver VMR 18" staggered CSL replicas with close to new Falken FK452 rear tires and healthy tread left on the fronts, Polished RH 17" ACS style wheels, 35% Window Tint by Autoshield Carolina, LCM custom coded for auto window roll up and down via key.

Interior: OEM silver trim, 2005 OEM Headunit with MP3 CD and AUX capabilities, AUX hookup, heated sport seats (factory optioned), Silver gauge rings, Khoalty black metal shift knob and ebrake handle, Replica ACS pedal covers, OEM All weather mats, OEM Alarm is activated, Infinity rear speakers (proper ohm), E90 trunk poppers

Flaws: Currently the A and C pillar fabric is starting to come up from age and can use recovered, the oil level sensor needs replaced (easy to get to at the bottom of oil pan next time you change the oil, roughly $80 part). I have not changed the sensor yet because it isn't time to change the oil. The car has a mind of its own when it comes to unlocking the passenger door electronically. From what I've read it's the relays in the GM5 module, but I just live with it and lean over and manually unlock/open the door for people. Windshield has small chip that just happened last week, hood has a few chips from daily driving.

Terms of Sale: The car is being sold complete, everything as is with all modifications. OEM sport suspension will be included (springs, shocks, sway bars, etc), second set of rims included (17" ACS style wheels), extra bottles of OEM coolant, spare set of corner lights, spare parts laying around, everything, you get it all. I have invested thousands into this thing over the years keeping it in great running shape and modifying it to my liking. Part of me really doesn't want to let it go quite yet, but my better judgment is telling me to. Please no lowball offers, the car comes with a lot of extras since I'm not parting it out. This has been cared for much better than any other bone stock 325 going for around $8-9k, and will surely last for many more years. This is my daily driver, so mileage is subject to change, currently the car is at 101,8xx miles. Asking price is $11,000

Pics: Some of these are older, but still true to the cars condition

ACS wheels

Interior (steering wheel lower trim is now painted Silver)

With VMR's

Engine

Thanks for looking! As far as trades go, if you have a CLEAN older Honda, or something like a Fit that's good on gas, I'll entertain offers.

Last edited by ThatGuy_JZ; 05-15-2012 at 09:27 AM.
ThatGuy_JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
ThatGuy_JZ

Took some more photos today, but the sun was a bit in the way in a few, sorry.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
ThatGuy_JZ

Bump, price drop to $10,600

ACS style wheels not included in sale. Car will be sold with the VMR's as pictured

Old 06-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
TeenageWbimmer
Banned User

My Ride: 2003 325i
Im willing to buy for 8,500
TeenageWbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
BlackTyEvent

My Ride: 93' 318i, 03 330Ci
charming pack of smokes you got sitting in there. i love that mod.
BlackTyEvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
BavarianLuke

My Ride: 2002 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTyEvent View Post
charming pack of smokes you got sitting in there. i love that mod.
this
Old 06-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
ThatGuy_JZ

That's actually Camel Snus - smokeless tobacco.

I don't smoke nor has anyone ever smoked in my car. But thanks for your generous opinions.

Last edited by ThatGuy_JZ; 06-18-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
ThatGuy_JZ

Car currently has 104k miles

GM5 Module has been sent off to Scott at bmwgm5.com to be repaired. Door locks should no longer be an issue.

OEM Hella Oil Level sensor has been purchased and will be installed @ next oil change in 3k miles.

Would like to trade for a clean E30 plus cash or an S50/52 swapped E30. Must be clean and in good running shape.

Last edited by ThatGuy_JZ; 08-08-2012 at 02:51 PM.