E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #61
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
It looks like Noel's car has a little more total area under both of his curves.

But honestly, will the cars drive noticeably different?
is that torque surge at 5500rpm more likely to break Noel's tires loose? or not.

BOTH cars are impressive.
Both cars drive fantastic and both have traction.

Chris.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #62
nnacpil

My Ride: 2006 BMW M3
A couple more hours from Chicago. Crazy scenery. Car runs great still. Couple methanol high speed pulls. Puts a nice grin on my face. Love it . Thanks to the HPF fam.

Chris, did you happen to get a dyno pull video footage on my car?

2006 BMW lllM3 SilverGrayMetallic/Cinnamon/Apex Arc-8
llHPF/ProEFI Stage 2.25 w/6766
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #63
m3816

My Ride: M3 e46
I think you are one crazy son of a gun to drive it all the way back to WV. but hey I am sure it is a blast! Be safe bro.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #64
M3PTGSC

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnacpil View Post
A couple more hours from Chicago. Crazy scenery. Car runs great still. Couple methanol high speed pulls. Puts a nice grin on my face. Love it . Thanks to the HPF fam.

Chris, did you happen to get a dyno pull video footage on my car?
If you are staying in Chicago overnight let me know I'm buying breakfast tomorrow I wanna check everything out lol

09 SL63 AMG Designo,pano and whole nine yards lol
07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
03-M3-6766 DBB..Tubular manifold...
97-M3-
95-M3 SC stage 2-Widebody...
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
Old 08-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #65
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Both cars drive fantastic and both have traction.

Chris.
I didnt think a driver could tell the difference. I would be thrilled to have either dyno sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3816 View Post
I think you are one crazy son of a gun to drive it all the way back to WV. but hey I am sure it is a blast! Be safe bro.
Crazy? How? Why? Lots of people drive their cars long distances. A turbo car not in constant high boost should not have any issues. Especially a fresh HPF build that John has gone over. We all know the driveablity of an HPF car.

WV? West Virginia? I think he is driving to MD, Maryland.

nnacpil, your interior rocks! Get the Cinnamon shift boot and e brake boot from Leatherz! Those two items really make a huge difference.
I dont know HOW you kept your leather looking so nice. perfect matte finish and so so clean.

BTW, what IS a nnacpil?

Last edited by Bdave; 08-11-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #66
nnacpil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Crazy? How? Why? Lots of people drive their cars long distances. A turbo car not in constant high boost should not have any issues. Especially a fresh HPF build that John has gone over. We all know the driveablity of an HPF car.

WV? West Virginia? I think he is driving to MD, Maryland.

nnacpil, your interior rocks! Get the Cinnamon shift boot and e brake boot from Leatherz! Those two items really make a huge difference.
I dont know HOW you kept your leather looking so nice. perfect matte finish and so so clean.

BTW, what IS a nnacpil?
I'm staying in Chicago tonight at my cousin's place. I would definitely hit you up for the breakfast but time constraints (to the guy offering bfast lol)

Bdave, I actually live in Morgantown, WV but my plates are registered in MD bc my parents live there and there's no tax on the car. That is why ppl think I'm driving back to MD but really only to WV.

The car has performed great throughout our trip since we left Portland. As long as you aren't in boost all the time, the car is a highway warrior as my friend (co-pilot) likes to say.

As far as the shift boots, if you look at the OP that Chris posted, I have custom cinnamon stitching on my shift and ebrake boot. I think to complete the cinnamon interior, I will buy a cinnamon center armrest. Interior as been cleaned and conditioned by Leatherique.

nnacpil is my name. N is for my first initial for Noel and Nacpil is my last name.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #67
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
I'm staying in Chicago tonight at my cousin's place. I would definitely hit you up for the breakfast but time constraints (to the guy offering bfast lol)

Bdave, I actually live in Morgantown, WV but my plates are registered in MD bc my parents live there and there's no tax on the car. That is why ppl think I'm driving back to MD but really only to WV.

The car has performed great throughout our trip since we left Portland. As long as you aren't in boost all the time, the car is a highway warrior as my friend (co-pilot) likes to say.

As far as the shift boots, if you look at the OP that Chris posted, I have custom cinnamon stitching on my shift and ebrake boot. I think to complete the cinnamon interior, I will buy a cinnamon center armrest. Interior as been cleaned and conditioned by Leatherique.

nnacpil is my name. N is for my first initial for Noel and Nacpil is my last name.
I love that interior! and I love that the boots are only stitched with cinnamon.. I think you should keep the center console black.. all together that interior is just mint as can be!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Old 08-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #68
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Yup, I've driven my HPF Stg 2 from Ga - Mia twice, Ga - DFW once , Cen-Tex - Mfest with no issues! Racing anyone who wanted some ;-)

I Love how she handled herself on the hwy

Now she'll be even more fun ;-)
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
Old 08-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #69
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:

I never would have guessed about the name. You do know that the Country roads take me home, West Virginia etc was actually based on a road in MD? True.
OK. I like the custom stitching work you had done. It's very nice. Run with that for sure. Doing the center rest would be great. I saw one M with the lower part of the dash covered like the Italians do (Ferrari). That was so handsome, and expensive no doubt. I wish my interior looked so fresh. Not that it isnt very well kept, but not showroom like yours.

I have so many leather products. LOL. I do have Leatherique too. I will try using it exclusively.
Are you doing ANY video of the trip to document it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrinco01 View Post
Yup, I've driven my HPF Stg 2 from Ga - Mia twice, Ga - DFW once , Cen-Tex - Mfest with no issues! Racing anyone who wanted some ;-)

I Love how she handled herself on the hwy

Now she'll be even more fun ;-)
Those are some nice hauls! Do you ever use cruise control? I do, but then go crazy knowing I have an M and keep taking it off cruise and doing some "runs". Ha ha. I try, but never get a break on gas mileage!

Last edited by Bdave; 08-12-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #70
nnacpil

Home sweet home!!

Updates soon with pics and videos. Thank the lord for no speeding tickets or getting pulled over. No animals were harmed during this trip, although bugs is a different story lol. Car ran like a champ. Very pleased with my decision. Keep an eye out for a new thread about my experience with HPF and my driving experience as well. Total miles driven: 2820 miles

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #71
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Glad you made it home safe man!

Old 08-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #72
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Glad you made it home safe man!
^ This
Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #73
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Safe!

Originally Posted by Bdave
Those are some nice hauls! Do you ever use cruise control? I do, but then go crazy knowing I have an M and keep taking it off cruise and doing some "runs". Ha ha. I try, but never get a break on gas mileage! [/QUOTE]

Hell Yes....Until someone worthy comes up and wants some I oblige

Quote:
Home sweet home!!

Updates soon with pics and videos. Thank the lord for no speeding tickets or getting pulled over. No animals were harmed during this trip, although bugs is a different story lol. Car ran like a champ. Very pleased with my decision. Keep an eye out for a new thread about my experience with HPF and my driving experience as well. Total miles driven: 2820 miles
Safe and SOund! good shyt! now its time to update your Sig accordingly and update us!

HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953

Last edited by lrinco01; 08-13-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #74
nnacpil

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #75
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Get rid of this on your signature Noel!!!

"Coming Soon: llHPF Stage 2, Precision Turbo 6766"

It should say... LOL

HPF Stage 2 w/6766 and Open Dump!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #76
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
This should be your new signature picture

Old 08-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #77
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Glad you made it Back Safe Noel! Glad you enjoying your new power! Be Safe!

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

Old 08-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #78
nnacpil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Kirk View Post
Get rid of this on your signature Noel!!!

"Coming Soon: llHPF Stage 2, Precision Turbo 6766"

It should say... LOL

HPF Stage 2 w/6766 and Open Dump!!!
happy now, kirk? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
This should be your new signature picture
Thanks for the suggestion.. see sig now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
Glad you made it Back Safe Noel! Glad you enjoying your new power! Be Safe!
Thanks, man! I'm glad we made it safe too!

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #79
nnacpil

First thing was first, I used a high pressure water hose to get some of the bugs off the the car. The masking tape helped a little bit but still managed to get on the car. Sneaky bastards. Also, today I went straight to my buddy's tire shop and mounted Nitto NT05 245/35 and 275/35. These tires have been great with no traction issues so far. Michelin Super Sports held up really well surprisingly, but not ideal with my new found power

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nnacpil; 08-14-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #80
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
I went straight to my buddy's tire shop and mounted Nitto NT05 245/35 and 275/35. These tires have been great with no traction issues so far.