E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.27 average.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #15881
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
So I finally got the m3 out today. I took her on a 30 minute joyride, and ran into a 135 and had some fun. We did one pull from 30 and we were about dead even, then did another from 20 and I pulled about two cars up to 100. We then pulled over and got to chatting and he said that he had just come from a dyno day in Loveland and put down 333 hp and 380 foot pounds of torque. He said he had stage 2 software and a whole bunch of bolt ons. It was fun to get The m out and put her through her paces. I'm going to be a go carting again next weekend and hopefully out at High Plains Raceway in September, can't freaking wait. Hope you all are doing well back home.
Good to hear. I hopefully I get to go to the DE at Hallet. I met a guy in the parkinglot of the KC Sporting stadium last night with a BMWCCA sticker and he asked If I'd be there. Test drove a E93 M3 too. Was a big heavy thing, but sounded nice and was fast enough. I drove like over 200 miles yesterday... and I'll just leave this here

Last edited by Andy2108; 08-12-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #15882
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Brad it sounds like you had some good runs! Glad to hear you still get to enjoy the car.

Nothing new here, still wanting another car, but not sure what to get.
She's still for sale and sadly it looks like it will be sold for sure sooner or later. I've realized though that I'm so young when it comes to this stuff. Most guys I see that take this hobby as serious as I did are in their 50's. So I still have plenty of time, just gives me a reason to work harder in my professional life.

Wait till I get home and we can go halfskies on a baller kart or one of these (pic attached).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Good to hear. I hopefully I get to go to the DE at Hallet. I met a guy in the parkinglot of the KC Sporting stadium last night with a BMWCCA sticker and he asked If I'd be there. Test drove a E93 M3 too. Was a big heavy thing, but sounded nice and was fast enough. I drove like over 200 miles yesterday... and I'll just leave this here

You would love hallet, you should go if you can. Hallett will teach you about the importance of giving up some speed on some turns to be faster through more important ones. Plus the elevation change is a blast. After getting my gears I always wondered how much more fun it would be at Hallett having 4.10's to pull you up the hills.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #15883
NoMoreIdeas

My Ride: 01 M3
Hey guys, My name is Tyler, I'm new to the BMW community and thought I would drop in and say hi. I would start my own thread but this one seems to dominate this forum.

Anyways, I picked up a 01 LSB M3 6spd back in march, and have absolutely loved every minute of driving the car. I came from a 418whp Toyota MR2 which I still have and plan to keep modding.

I'll do my best to attend any events coming up. I usually try to make it to every fast fridays in one of the cars.

Also is there anyone else in the KC area with a LSB bimmer? I've only heard of one other than mine..
NoMoreIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #15884
NoMoreIdeas

Oh yeah, pic of the new beast

Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #15885
Rubenk

My Ride: M35A2
Welcome to the forum! Nice ride too!

Where you from?

I live in KCMO now, but am originally from NW Arkansas.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #15886
NoMoreIdeas

Thanks! Born / raised in Ks, currently live in Olathe right now.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #15887
cosmos///m3

My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Hey guys... anybody know of a good place to get some wheels powder coated? That does a good job and doesnt break the bank?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #15888
NoMoreIdeas

I'm getting a valve cover powder coated this week. I'll ask about rims.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #15889
cosmos///m3

My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreIdeas View Post
I'm getting a valve cover powder coated this week. I'll ask about rims.
I have been thinking of doing the same, but im pretty sure it is a hard plastic? You can't powder coat that can you?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #15890
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Hey guys, My name is Tyler, I'm new to the BMW community and thought I would drop in and say hi. I would start my own thread but this one seems to dominate this forum.

Anyways, I picked up a 01 LSB M3 6spd back in march, and have absolutely loved every minute of driving the car. I came from a 418whp Toyota MR2 which I still have and plan to keep modding.

I'll do my best to attend any events coming up. I usually try to make it to every fast fridays in one of the cars.

Also is there anyone else in the KC area with a LSB bimmer? I've only heard of one other than mine..
Welcome man, gorgeous car. I was born in raised in Olathe myself. I know of about half a dozen or so LSB's in the area, I have to believe there are more than that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
Hey guys... anybody know of a good place to get some wheels powder coated? That does a good job and doesnt break the bank?
KC powdercoat.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #15891
NoMoreIdeas

Quote:
Welcome man, gorgeous car. I was born in raised in Olathe myself. I know of about half a dozen or so LSB's in the area, I have to believe there are more than that though. .
Thanks! I'm surprised there are that many, maybe they just hide well. I daily drive mine though, and it sure gets lots of attention. The only other one I saw was one f/s on CL a year or so ago for a fairly low price but it wasnt in the best of shape.

How long have you had your A/W M3? Was it fairly stock a few years ago? I may have seen it up at sonic on 135th and blackbob a couple of times.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #15892
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Thanks! I'm surprised there are that many, maybe they just hide well. I daily drive mine though, and it sure gets lots of attention. The only other one I saw was one f/s on CL a year or so ago for a fairly low price but it wasnt in the best of shape.

How long have you had your A/W M3? Was it fairly stock a few years ago? I may have seen it up at sonic on 135th and blackbob a couple of times.
Well you said KC area LOL. I really only know of two in the JO area and one is kept garaged.

That sonic is right by my parents placed (146th and BB) so I'm sure it was me. I've had it for 4 years now and it's the only AW I've seen in the area. It started off lowered on black CSL reps with imola red interior. When I first bought it I did the sonic/state line thing quite a bit. It was almost always at Fast Fridays as well.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #15893
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Yea for me, new sig pic!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #15894
NoMoreIdeas

Quote:
Well you said KC area LOL. I really only know of two in the JO area and one is kept garaged.

That sonic is right by my parents placed (146th and BB) so I'm sure it was me. I've had it for 4 years now and it's the only AW I've seen in the area. It started off lowered on black CSL reps with imola red interior. When I first bought it I did the sonic/state line thing quite a bit. It was almost always at Fast Fridays as well.
Yep, that must have been you. I remember talking to you a little bit about the car, I thought it looked bad ass back then. Funny, your car played a large role in my interest in M3's.

I did the sonic / state line thing too but mostly just out of H/S, so 05 - 06. Now that I'm back into the car scene it doesnt seem like anyone goes out anymore.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #15895
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Yep, that must have been you. I remember talking to you a little bit about the car, I thought it looked bad ass back then. Funny, your car played a large role in my interest in M3's.

I did the sonic / state line thing too but mostly just out of H/S, so 05 - 06. Now that I'm back into the car scene it doesnt seem like anyone goes out anymore.
I'm glad I could help lead you down the ///M path, I hope it's a good one. If you ever need any help there's a couple of e46 M guys here that have torn apart just about every inch of these cars.

I know some of those guys go out after fast fridays. Once I decided to go the track route I more or less stopped driving mine on the street.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #15896
Rubenk

Hey guys, found my new BMW!!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=938711
Old 08-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #15897
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenk View Post
g.....t.....f.....o
Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #15898
Rubenk

Just bought a new truck today.

2008 F250 4x4 6.4psd...

Old 08-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #15899
Andy2108

My car drives SO much better with new RTABs in it. I dont even have to hold the wheel to the left to go straight anymore!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #15900
Andy2108

I have two brand new, in box, unopened, uninstalled, and unused products from Turner Motorsport. They both work on all E46's. The RTAB limiters are for OEM bushings only.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-96...-shim-kit.aspx

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-35...reettrack.aspx

Would anybody be interested in buying either of these?

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku