E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #41
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
A lot of my friends who don't even lift or cardio have signed up for it. It's like the popular thing to do now...
yea fuuck that sh1t. I did warrior dash a few summers ago when i was in much worse shape but this is like 4 of those lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #42
Hockeyman17

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
yea fuuck that sh1t. I did warrior dash a few summers ago when i was in much worse shape but this is like 4 of those lol.
It was definitely excessively long. The pain in my joints near the end was pretty bad. You don't really need to be strong to do it, you just need cardio. Strength would help for some of the obstacles but everyone helps each other anyway so it doesn't matter.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #43
Hockeyman17

Starting to get back into shape for the upcoming hockey season. I finally feel my knee has recovered enough to start squatting again. Tuesday was my first day at the gym in about 2 months. It's amazing how fast you lose strength, I'm hoping I can gain it back quickly.

Focusing on flexibility and form:

5 min treadmill warm up

Front Squat: 12x45, 12x95, 12x95

Back Squat: 12x95, 12x95, 12x95

Burpees: 2x15

Chest Press: 12x45's, 12x55's, 12x55's followed by bench press only bar until fail.

10lb Med Ball twists w/ friend (toss back and forth twisting at hips) I wish my gym had a 20lb med ball

2x15 Leg throw downs w/friend

2x10 tricep dips

10min Bike lvl 10

Sucks to be way below where I was lifting at my peak but I'm glad to be back at it without pain.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #44
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
Starting to get back into shape for the upcoming hockey season. I finally feel my knee has recovered enough to start squatting again. Tuesday was my first day at the gym in about 2 months. It's amazing how fast you lose strength, I'm hoping I can gain it back quickly.

Focusing on flexibility and form:

5 min treadmill warm up

Front Squat: 12x45, 12x95, 12x95

Back Squat: 12x95, 12x95, 12x95

Burpees: 2x15

Chest Press: 12x45's, 12x55's, 12x55's followed by bench press only bar until fail.

10lb Med Ball twists w/ friend (toss back and forth twisting at hips) I wish my gym had a 20lb med ball

2x15 Leg throw downs w/friend

2x10 tricep dips

10min Bike lvl 10

Sucks to be way below where I was lifting at my peak but I'm glad to be back at it without pain.
tell me about it man. I lost some squat strength myself and am dealing with a groin injury.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #45
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Having dealt with significant strength loss, and the frustration of it all... I can safely say it is more due to muscle memory than actual muscle loss, and within a month you should and most likely will be back to your old totals.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #46
Hockeyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Having dealt with significant strength loss, and the frustration of it all... I can safely say it is more due to muscle memory than actual muscle loss, and within a month you should and most likely will be back to your old totals.
I really hope that's the case. I felt like a newb with 95lb on my back.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #47
DylloS

Quote:
I really hope that's the case. I felt like a newb with 95lb on my back.
a while back i did 135x20 and was ok. If i did that how I would fall over.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #48
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
youre doing some pretty basic workouts for an athlete. you should do some more research on what the focus should be for a hockey player.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #49
Hockeyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
youre doing some pretty basic workouts for an athlete. you should do some more research on what the focus should be for a hockey player.
For sure it was basic. I plan to implement dead lifts, weighted lunges, hang cleans as well as other complex exercises very soon.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #50
Hockeyman17

Forgot to post my last workout but here was last nights with my brother:

3 min treadmill warmup

Dead lift; 10x45, 8x95, 8x135, 8x135, 8x135. Was pretty easy, looking forward to jumping in weight next time

Hang Cleans; 10x45, 8x65, 8x75, 8x75

Standing OH Press; 10x45, 8x65, 8x75, 8x75

3 rounds: 10 burpees, 12 ( total) weighted lunges

10 min bike gear 10.

I was talking to a buddy I see all the time at the gym. It's weird I see him EVERY time I go but he was injured the last 2 months also and was just getting back into it again. I mentioned I was choked about my numbers now compared to a few months ago and he said muscle memory should put me back close to where I was before in a few weeks. Someone on here told me the same thing, so I'm looking forward to it!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #51
DylloS

Quote:
Forgot to post my last workout but here was last nights with my brother:

3 min treadmill warmup

Dead lift; 10x45, 8x95, 8x135, 8x135, 8x135. Was pretty easy, looking forward to jumping in weight next time

Hang Cleans; 10x45, 8x65, 8x75, 8x75

Standing OH Press; 10x45, 8x65, 8x75, 8x75

3 rounds: 10 burpees, 12 ( total) weighted lunges

10 min bike gear 10.

I was talking to a buddy I see all the time at the gym. It's weird I see him EVERY time I go but he was injured the last 2 months also and was just getting back into it again. I mentioned I was choked about my numbers now compared to a few months ago and he said muscle memory should put me back close to where I was before in a few weeks. Someone on here told me the same thing, so I'm looking forward to it!
yea you'll be fine man. We'll climb up together dude. I'm looking forward to this year so much.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #52
Hockeyman17

I usually eat something like this for my first coffee break of the day. I think it's more grease and fat than I need but since I have a weak breakfast when I get up I'm always looking for somewhere with healthy food to eat. The plan is to essentially cut bread but increase protein. I want to gain about 5 lbs muscle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1345742575.497851.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	466058  
Old 08-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #53
dabears

Cut bread, but replace the carbs with about a 60/40 split of fat & protein. That looks like its from a restaurant, so the oils they use are vegetable oils / hydrogenated oils that are going to make you fat.

Remember this... restaurants = business so even the "healthiest" of restaurants cut costs by using soy fillers, hydrogenated oils instead of olive/coconut etc... plus loads of preservatives in their food.

There are a few quality restaurants you can find that are legitimately healthy, but you will pay for it. Anytime I go eat at a restaurant I consider it a cheat meal, because I know theres some form of crap in the food I'm getting no matter what I order.

Ditch the ketchup btw, its pure chemically processed sugar and personally I think it ruins the taste of food... if you stop using it you will understand.

Why do you eat a weak breakfast? Why couldn't you cook that meal you posted at home? I cook eggs and bacon or sausage every single morning and have eaten it within 15 minutes. It's really not as hard as you think
Old 08-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #54
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Cut bread, but replace the carbs with about a 60/40 split of fat & protein. That looks like its from a restaurant, so the oils they use are vegetable oils / hydrogenated oils that are going to make you fat.

Remember this... restaurants = business so even the "healthiest" of restaurants cut costs by using soy fillers, hydrogenated oils instead of olive/coconut etc... plus loads of preservatives in their food.

There are a few quality restaurants you can find that are legitimately healthy, but you will pay for it. Anytime I go eat at a restaurant I consider it a cheat meal, because I know theres some form of crap in the food I'm getting no matter what I order.

Ditch the ketchup btw, its pure chemically processed sugar and personally I think it ruins the taste of food... if you stop using it you will understand.

Why do you eat a weak breakfast? Why couldn't you cook that meal you posted at home? I cook eggs and bacon or sausage every single morning and have eaten it within 15 minutes. It's really not as hard as you think
I think you're kinda overthinking it here for OP. Simple is better. Rest days high fat/low carbs. Lift days low fat, high carbs... all while keeping protein high.

Pretty much same here. unless it's to a place like Subway where I sometimes like to go for my PWO meal. One of the low fat high protein, high carbs subs, Sweet onion teriyaki with double meat...

Yesterday I was forced to go to this beach bar, bacon cheeseburger cheesefries, calamari, 2 pitchers. LOL oh man. I had a lil more strength in the gym today
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #55
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Hockeyman, just out out curiosity, how old are you? You lead quite the active lifestyle!
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #56
Hockeyman17

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely going to try to wake up earlier to cook for myself. I've never been big on cooking but I would like to start. I just went for groceries and picked up;

Meat
Lots of Veggies
Sweet Potatoes
Milk (couldn't find whole milk)
Bacon
Eggs
Extra Virgin Olive oil (good or no???)
Carrots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1345774486.711025.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	466159  
Old 08-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #57
Hockeyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_cyrus View Post
hockeyman, just out out curiosity, how old are you? You lead quite the active lifestyle!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #58
DylloS

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely going to try to wake up earlier to cook for myself. I've never been big on cooking but I would like to start. I just went for groceries and picked up;

Meat
Lots of Veggies
Sweet Potatoes
Milk (couldn't find whole milk)
Bacon
Eggs
Extra Virgin Olive oil (good or no???)
Carrots
yes the olive oil is good.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #59
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
It was definitely excessively long. The pain in my joints near the end was pretty bad. You don't really need to be strong to do it, you just need cardio. Strength would help for some of the obstacles but everyone helps each other anyway so it doesn't matter.
My strategy in a race like that would be to wear everyone else out by having them help cart my fat carcass over all the obstacles.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #60
dabears

Quote:
I'm 24, also in Canada, and play ice hockey for two teams year round... I didn't really want to focus on fat gain because if you are active playing hockey you never have to worry about that... however learning how to cook, eating at home often and limiting my carb intake as much as possible has given me the most daily energy I have ever had, and by learning to cook I can create meals that are both way better tasting and more nutritious than what I can pay at a restaurant or take out place, for significantly less money too.