E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #101
Hedges

My Ride: C63 AMG
so tempted to try this one out! Should i do it or wait for upcoming iphone ?
Old 07-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #102
blksedan

My Ride: HATES thieves
^ same here
Old 07-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #103
grkm3

My Ride: Money Pit
Send a message via AIM to grkm3
I got mine the day it came out. Just make sure you get an otter box commuter case or better. The all share feature is pretty cool.

Coming Soon: Open to suggestions

grkm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #104
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
can anyone share more info after using it for awhile?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #105
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
Is this phone better than the HTC One X or HTC Evo LTE?

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #106
wrighterjw10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHooch View Post
this is pretty much exactly what i'd like to know.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #107
Hedges

Well got mine last week and i am loving this thing! Went with the metallic blue
Old 08-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #108
ThatGuy_JZ

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to ThatGuy_JZ
I've had mine for a week and a half. Prior to this was a first gen galaxy, rooted and running cyanogen. S3 battery life is great by comparison. I genuinely can go most days with moderate use and average 60 to 50% remaing battery life by the time I plug it up as I go to bed. As for speed, it's fast. Blows my old phone out of the water. The phone is big, right on the border of being too much especially with the otter box I have on it. The charge port on bottom and aux on top make it annoying when charging and listening to music in the car at the same time. Reboot times are way fast. Camera is nice and the panorama feature is very cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Bimmer App

ThatGuy_JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #109
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHooch View Post
That will probably come down to whether you like HTC Sense or Samsung Touchwiz better.
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #110
wrighterjw10

i just got the galaxy s3, after using the iphone for 5 years. i'll review after a few days.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #111
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Just received mines but I'm not sure if I want to resell it or not. Had to use my upgrade on another phone and they gave me $75 off. I still love my Rezound but the S3 looks so sleek. Anyone having problems? Has the battery sleep issue been solved? How long is the battery lasting for some of you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
i just got the galaxy s3, after using the iphone for 5 years. i'll review after a few days.
Any updates?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #112
SuperFan86

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
Just received mines but I'm not sure if I want to resell it or not. Had to use my upgrade on another phone and they gave me $75 off. I still love my Rezound but the S3 looks so sleek. Anyone having problems? Has the battery sleep issue been solved? How long is the battery lasting for some of you?

Any updates?
I can usually get 1.5 - 2 days out of my phone with light/moderate use. A heavy use day it still easily gets through a full day.

I came from the ReZound and could never go back. The screen resolution is SO much better and the phone is a ton lighter/thinner.

For those who care: The bootloader for this phone was unlocked last night so now the custom kernels and major ROM development will take off and improve the performance even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN
I was stayign at this one girls ass for what felt like 5 mins. My gil sadi what the fvck are you looking at. I said just thnking about how beautiful she was goign to look in her wedding dress. Road head for the win.
SuperFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #113
E36Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan86 View Post
I can usually get 1.5 - 2 days out of my phone with light/moderate use. A heavy use day it still easily gets through a full day.

I came from the ReZound and could never go back. The screen resolution is SO much better and the phone is a ton lighter/thinner.

For those who care: The bootloader for this phone was unlocked last night so now the custom kernels and major ROM development will take off and improve the performance even more.
Did you root your S3? I've never rooted any of my phones and I plan to keep this one stock. I know when you root the S3 you can lower the cpu speed to save battery, etc. I actually have the 2750mAh extended battery on my Rezound and sometimes it cant even last 12-13 hours before I need to recharge it. I'm afraid the 2100mAh battery on the S3 is gonna make me tied down to a charger.

Are there any wifi issues with the S3? On my rezound, the battery went down really fast with wifi on after the ICS update. My main concern is having the battery last about 16 hours before a recharge with moderate use.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #114
SuperFan86

Quote:
Did you root your S3? I've never rooted any of my phones and I plan to keep this one stock. I know when you root the S3 you can lower the cpu speed to save battery, etc. I actually have the 2750mAh extended battery on my Rezound and sometimes it cant even last 12-13 hours before I need to recharge it. I'm afraid the 2100mAh battery on the S3 is gonna make me tied down to a charger.

Are there any wifi issues with the S3? On my rezound, the battery went down really fast with wifi on after the ICS update. My main concern is having the battery last about 16 hours before a recharge with moderate use.
I am rooted and run a custom Rom but have the clock speed and everything stock. I did remove all the junk that runs all the time, so that improves battery life for sure. To compare apples to apples, Rooted ReZound battery life VS Rooted S3 the S3 was NOTICEABLY better.

I ran my phone stock for a few days and was totally blown away at the battery life. The LTE modem is a lot more efficient on the S3 than the ReZound and the super AMOLED screen is more efficient. My Rezound screen used to get really hot when watching movies or playing games and I NEVER experience that with the s3. I can play a graphically intensive video game for 2 hours and only lose maybe 5% of battery life. Streaming Pandora for multiple hours does very little to battery.

If you are really concerned about the battery, they do sell larger capacity batteries that retain the NFC of the stock S3. I can point you in the right direction if you need one.

WiFi works fine, but I rarely use it as I am on unlimited data and have LTE everywhere I go. Funny you mention the ReZound issue, I just read that a TON of customer complaints are going to Verizon for similar issues after that update.

Quote:
I was stayign at this one girls ass for what felt like 5 mins. My gil sadi what the fvck are you looking at. I said just thnking about how beautiful she was goign to look in her wedding dress. Road head for the win.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #115
Hedges

So far loving my s3 phone!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #116
E36Eric

Quote:
I am rooted and run a custom Rom but have the clock speed and everything stock. I did remove all the junk that runs all the time, so that improves battery life for sure. To compare apples to apples, Rooted ReZound battery life VS Rooted S3 the S3 was NOTICEABLY better.

I ran my phone stock for a few days and was totally blown away at the battery life. The LTE modem is a lot more efficient on the S3 than the ReZound and the super AMOLED screen is more efficient. My Rezound screen used to get really hot when watching movies or playing games and I NEVER experience that with the s3. I can play a graphically intensive video game for 2 hours and only lose maybe 5% of battery life. Streaming Pandora for multiple hours does very little to battery.

If you are really concerned about the battery, they do sell larger capacity batteries that retain the NFC of the stock S3. I can point you in the right direction if you need one.

WiFi works fine, but I rarely use it as I am on unlimited data and have LTE everywhere I go. Funny you mention the ReZound issue, I just read that a TON of customer complaints are going to Verizon for similar issues after that update.
On ICS, isn't there a way to disable the bloatware? It's still going to be there but it just wont run in the background, I think. I've done this to a couple of apps in the settings of my phone. I'm not sure if it does anything or if it saves battery. Its good to hear that the S3 is more effecient in power management than the Rezound. When I was on ginger bread, I was able to choose "economy" mode, now ICS doesn't have that and I have to tweak the animation scale and lower the display brightness a lot so that the screen doesn't hog up all the power. The S3 is just sitting here looking pretty and I really want to activate it now. I'm still waiting for the protective case I ordered before I use it. This phone looks so thin and fragile compared to my rezound with the fat extended battery pack. I'm going to run the S3 for a few days and see how the battery is but I'm definitely interested in the extended battery for it.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #117
jeffro3000

Quote:
both phones are 1280x720.

And the S3 even has a pentile screen (RGBG shared subpixels), where the rezound is an LCD and has an even higher DPI than the retina iphone.

I would think the rezound would have a clearer image, but the S3 would have much more contrast.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #118
E36Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro3000 View Post
both phones are 1280x720.

And the S3 even has a pentile screen (RGBG shared subpixels), where the rezound is an LCD and has an even higher DPI than the retina iphone.

I would think the rezound would have a clearer image, but the S3 would have much more contrast.
I think he's just wowed by the better colors and higher contrast of the S3 super amoled.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #119
jeffro3000

Quote:

Well how about that...

http://www.slashgear.com/verizon-gal...kers-16243121/

This phone is now 100% better in my book. Say goodbye to Touchwiz, hello Jelly Bean/CM10/AOKP
Old 08-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #120
SuperFan86

Quote:
I think he's just wowed by the better colors and higher contrast of the S3 super amoled.
The contrast is better and the colors are better. I came from the Fasciante and Charge before my Rezound so the LCD was off looking to me.

Quote: