E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #1261
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Cigar LWB all day

It seems a bit more versatile compared to color 8 Indy. The color (cigar) also looks to have more depth, in my opinion.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #1262
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
dwass is upset because we didn't pick his precious indy boot
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #1263
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
One of the Alden stores has a cigar LWB in my size that's been worn twice...for 40% off. If there isn't too much creasing, I'm going to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #1264
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
One of the Alden stores has a cigar LWB in my size that's been worn twice...for 40% off. If there isn't too much creasing, I'm going to get it.
That sounds like a good deal. Is the store close by? Can you try before you buy?
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #1265
evolved

Which store? Since I'm fairly new to Alden's I feel like I discover a new retailer ever couple of weeks.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
Old 08-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #1266
VaderDave
Invictus

So: no appointments at the office today, so I'll be going casual. I haven't decided what to wear just yet.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #1267
evolved

I had my mid-year review this morning (breakfast meeting). My wife mentioned I looked particularly like a banker today, so I guess that's good (?).

Brooks Brothers charcoal suit w/ light blue microstripes
CT spread collar button down, also light blue
Yellow pindot tie
AE Walnut strands/belt

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 08-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #1268
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
That sounds like a good deal. Is the store close by? Can you try before you buy?
Unfortunately it's about as far away as it can be, yet still be in the continental US. I'll have to discuss on the phone and take a leap of faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Which store? Since I'm fairly new to Alden's I feel like I discover a new retailer ever couple of weeks.
Alden of Carmel, www.alden-of-carmel.com

Quote:
I had my mid-year review this morning (breakfast meeting). My wife mentioned I looked particularly like a banker today, so I guess that's good (?).

Brooks Brothers charcoal suit w/ light blue microstripes
CT spread collar button down, also light blue
Yellow pindot tie
AE Walnut strands/belt
So how'd the review go?

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #1269
dwass325

The cigar LWB is gone

Quote:

Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #1270
VaderDave
Invictus

That sucks. I've never heard of Alden of Carmel. It doesn't look like they have a physical shop/presence.

Lucas: how did the eval go? What kind of stuff do they review?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #1271
evolved

Picture to go with the description.....I feel like outside of shoes we've been slim on the YMWDLOM at work pictures. Don't mind the razor burn on my neck....had a mishap (or 2) while shaving with a dull blade this morning

Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post

Alden of Carmel, www.alden-of-carmel.com

So how'd the review go?
Ah, that's one of the few that I do know of (Leffot, Carmel, Shoe Mart and Leather Soul of HI)

The mid-year review went very well. I'm #2 in sales & new revenue among our national group of planners for the year (with the 3rd place guy trailing a ways), bonuses are looking strong for next year since the market is above plan and my manager (the market leader) is putting in for the creation of a new FTE spot next year in the portfolio management area for me to potentially move into....which is ultimately where I'd like to end up.

On top of that I had some delicious corned beef hash w/ 2 poached eggs and a bowl of fruit. Not a bad morning, thus far.

Quote:

Lucas: how did the eval go? What kind of stuff do they review?
For my position my boss goes over volume YTD, amount of new assets under management that I'm associated with, new sales and existing/new revenue created. He also goes over the intangible stuff....training, leadership, etc. I have it nice because I'm the only planner in the market, so I report right up to the market leader and him and I have become friends outside of work....we went to each others weddings, our wives know each other, etc. So, these things tend to be a reason for us to grab a nice breakfast as opposed to sitting in a conference room going over bullet points, but I still send him a summary before hand.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 08-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #1272
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
got a bite
have to schedule my first interview from the batch of resumes I sent out

[bimmer app/galaxy s3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #1273
evolved

Just bought a pair of these (APC New Standard Straight Leg Selvedge jeans) for $69, retail $175

SpooPoker on SF has some online shop going and he managed to get a few different kinds of jeans in various sizes.....I was lucky enough to snag a pair.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #1274
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
The mid-year review went very well. I'm #2 in sales & new revenue among our national group of planners for the year (with the 3rd place guy trailing a ways), bonuses are looking strong for next year since the market is above plan and my manager (the market leader) is putting in for the creation of a new FTE spot next year in the portfolio management area for me to potentially move into....which is ultimately where I'd like to end up.

On top of that I had some delicious corned beef hash w/ 2 poached eggs and a bowl of fruit. Not a bad morning, thus far.

For my position my boss goes over volume YTD, amount of new assets under management that I'm associated with, new sales and existing/new revenue created. He also goes over the intangible stuff....training, leadership, etc. I have it nice because I'm the only planner in the market, so I report right up to the market leader and him and I have become friends outside of work....we went to each others weddings, our wives know each other, etc. So, these things tend to be a reason for us to grab a nice breakfast as opposed to sitting in a conference room going over bullet points, but I still send him a summary before hand.
Nice! It sounds like things are going very well for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
got a bite
have to schedule my first interview from the batch of resumes I sent out

[bimmer app/galaxy s3]
Congrats! What's the job?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #1275
evolved

Quote:
Nice! It sounds like things are going very well for you.

Congrats! What's the job?
Thanks! I'm more a product of having solid team members.....this is the first time since our new model was implemented (changed ~4 years ago) that everyone has been firing on all cylinders.

Ed, details on the interview?

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #1276
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Huge noob question, but what sites/blogs can I read? Don't really know anything about style and am looking to revamp my wardrobe but don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #1277
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
SpooPoker on SF has some online shop going and he managed to get a few different kinds of jeans in various sizes.....I was lucky enough to snag a pair.
Thats awesome, lucky you. Spoo... damn dude that guy must have a wardrobe welllll into the 6 figures. Zegna suit with G&G's IIRC the other day... unreal some of the clothes that people have on there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
Huge noob question, but what sites/blogs can I read? Don't really know anything about style and am looking to revamp my wardrobe but don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated
short answer - buy things from brooks brothers and shoes from allen edmonds, you'll fit in just fine here lol... seriously tho, styleforum.net is a good start

what are you looking to revamp? a lot of the people on there dress much more classic than modern, timeless if you must, in both a casual and professional manner. what do you wear now? what do you want to revamp?

Last edited by JJR4884; 08-23-2012 at 10:12 AM.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #1278
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
Thats awesome, lucky you. Spoo... damn dude that guy must have a wardrobe welllll into the 6 figures. Zegna suit with G&G's IIRC the other day... unreal some of the clothes that people have on there...
No kidding.....he's either independently wealthy, a trust fund kid, or sponsored by some clothing retailer/designer. I would be nervous to wear half of the outfits he does for fear of damaging them, lol.

Quote:

styleforum.net is a good start

what are you looking to revamp? a lot of the people on there dress much more classic than modern, timeless if you must, in both a casual and professional manner. what do you wear now? what do you want to revamp?
+1 on SF....although, it can be somewhat hard to navigate as I find it fairly unorganized. There's a few other blogs that the Dave's (dwass and VaderDave) have mentioned, but I can't remember the names.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #1279
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
First thing...what's the setting? If you're in a casual setting and we give you advice on suits, it's not very helpful.

Quote:

Old 08-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #1280
VaderDave
Invictus

Here's today's ensemble.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1345741265.316387.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	58.5 KB