E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #15981
Rubenk

My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Its not refilling the bottles thats the problem, its the AFR's

Fine, but I still dont think they run on nitromethane.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug
Well, unfortunately for you, facts don't rely on opinions. They run on fuel that is a mix of nitromethane and methyl alcohol, with a additive/lubricant package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
This is a lightly modded m3 with nitrous.. Imagine Brads car with a 150
So, based on that video...M3's on nitrous still get waxed in a drag race?

Here is one of my favorites.

I miss the growl of my blowers.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #15982
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Well, unfortunately for you, facts don't rely on opinions. They run on fuel that is a mix of nitromethane and methyl alcohol, with a additive/lubricant package.

So, based on that video...M3's on nitrous still get waxed in a drag race?

Here is one of my favorites.

I miss the growl of my blowers.
I'm not sure, I fully understand what you are saying here. Or what that video is in representation of?
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #15983
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
I'm not sure, I fully understand what you are saying here. Or what that video is in representation of?
That's a Nissan Sentra and a Dodge SRT4 getting beat by blown Mustangs. Not sure why it applies. I'm not quite sure why american muscle owners like to compare apples to oranges. All they seem to car about is "I have 1 million hp and can only drive in a straight line, you wanna race me honda accord." "hahaha, I beat you by 20 car lengths. I'm so cool."
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #15984
Rubenk

Relax guys, that was a drunk morning post...it didnt "mean" anything, just one of my favorite videos.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #15985
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Relax guys, that was a drunk morning post...it didnt "mean" anything, just one of my favorite videos.
"if you buy those wheels you're dead to me."
Old 08-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #15986
Rubenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
"if you buy those wheels you're dead to me."
O.o
Old 08-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #15987
xixixi
Banned User

Yum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yummy.png
Views:	29
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	466334  
Old 08-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #15988
Rubenk

I'd try horse, just another animal to me.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #15989
Weapon ///M

My Ride: E46
Quote:
That's a Nissan Sentra and a Dodge SRT4 getting beat by blown Mustangs. Not sure why it applies. I'm not quite sure why american muscle owners like to compare apples to oranges. All they seem to car about is "I have 1 million hp and can only drive in a straight line, you wanna race me honda accord." "hahaha, I beat you by 20 car lengths. I'm so cool."
I have a few friends that are huge on the drag/roll racing and street pulls... From hearing them talk about it all the time, it seems that it's all about proving a point to someone else...

Them - "What Ryan? You don't love seeing the look on some Ferrari guy's face when you spool past him in a turbo honda that cost like 1/100th of the price?"

Me - "I really don't care what others think... Besides all that means is you have a better power to weight... So what? I mean if the guy really wanted, could he not afford to have someone build him a faster car than yours? It's all about throwing money around, you can buy that kind of speed."

I feel like track driving is more to prove something to yourself, maybe that's why the skill involved is more attractive to me. I do the things to my car for me, nobody else. I want to see how fast I can become for me, not to flaunt it in someone else's face. I feel like drag/roll racing is cutting the driving pleasure very short... I mean, you obviously love cars right? Why not push every aspect of the car? Instead of just one...

Last edited by Weapon ///M; 08-25-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Weapon ///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #15990
Rubenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon ///M View Post
I have a few friends that are huge on the drag/roll racing and street pulls... From hearing them talk about it all the time, it seems that it's all about proving a point to someone else...

Them - "What Ryan? You don't love seeing the look on some Ferrari guy's face when you spool past him in a turbo honda that cost like 1/100th of the price?"

Me - "I really don't care what others think... Besides all that means is you have a better power to weight... So what? I mean if the guy really wanted, could he not afford to have someone build him a faster car than yours? It's all about throwing money around, you can buy that kind of speed."

I feel like track driving is more to prove something to yourself, maybe that's why the skill involved is more attractive to me. I do the things to my car for me, nobody else. I want to see how fast I can become for me, not to flaunt it in someone else's face. I feel like drag/roll racing is cutting the driving pleasure very short... I mean, you obviously love cars right? Why not push every aspect of the car? Instead of just one...
Old 08-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #15991
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon ///M View Post

You should do spec or cup racing then, same car with the driver making the difference. All racig is about money. If you look at every racing series in the world its the big dog teams that win consistently because they spend the most money. Car development, driver development, etc. it all costs money.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #15992
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Speaking of money, there is an old saying that every racer knows. "how do you make a million racing? Start by spending two."

This sport is driven by money, sad but thats the reality of it.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #15993
xixixi
Banned User

For me, it's about what I have done to my car. Then testing, It justifies all the time/money spent. Validation!

Last edited by xixixi; 08-26-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #15994
Rubenk

Quote:
For me, it's about what I have done to my car. Then testing, It justifies all the time/money spent. Validation!
What all have you done to it so far? I cant recall everybody's setups...
Old 08-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #15995
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
I don't know what this website is, but there are like thousands of cars that will be up for auction on it around the country. There are probably way more possible LeMons cars on here than on Craigslist...

http://www.easyexport.us/

Are we 100% looking for a bmw? Seems like a good idea, but it does limit us.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #15996
Andy2108

Oh, we're on page 800. Woot!?

Auction site: http://www.copart.com/c2/copart_home_page.html
Old 08-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #15997
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
I don't know what this website is, but there are like thousands of cars that will be up for auction on it around the country. There are probably way more possible LeMons cars on here than on Craigslist...

http://www.easyexport.us/

Are we 100% looking for a bmw? Seems like a good idea, but it does limit us.
The only real reason to stay with a bmw is becuase gf performance and i can get us discounts on parts, oem and aftermarket. If we go with something other than bmw we loose that ability. It wouldnt be much but every little bit helps.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #15998
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
What all have you done to it so far? I cant recall everybody's setups...
It's pretty much a stock 330
Old 08-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #15999
Andy2108

Quote:
The only real reason to stay with a bmw is becuase gf performance and i can get us discounts on parts, oem and aftermarket. If we go with something other than bmw we loose that ability. It wouldnt be much but every little bit helps.
I think alot of teams source parts from junk yards...

Quote:
lol, yup
Old 08-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #16000
Rubenk

Quote:
Quote:
Oh...

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku