E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #81
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth1 View Post
We talked about that above.

I'd like to see if you're running rich or lean too since you're unable to hit your top speed now. I also posted that log in the datalog demo area of the site. Thanks, btw.
talked to a german application engineer with almost 25 years of experience and he said, he often had that problem in england with badly adjusted lpg units. he told me a way to solve it, which im going to test tonight. hopefully it will solve my problem.
daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #82
Drewfus2101

My Ride: '03 330i
I like the idea, but I see some problems.

First, I'm not going to buy it before I test it out. I need to be able to DL a trial before I have to fork over the $49 for the whole thing.

Second, $49 is just high enough that I'm having seconds thoughts about whether I really need this. A few bucks cheaper and I would be happy to pay you right now.

Third, there are no instructions anywhere as to what I need to do. I DL'd the file, tested out INPA just to make sure that all was good, the opened up your program, and I couldn't get it to connect. I'm guessing that it was because I hadn't paid you yet, but I'm not sure. It wouldn't respond to anything I did. Maybe some status lights to tell me that I'm connected to the car or just something.
Drewfus2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #83
smooth1

My Ride: BMW FTW
Thanks for the response. Trials aren't really possible without creating a security hole for me, so what I've done instead is allowed you to take a look at datalogs taken with various DMEs so you can see the capabilities and speed for each platform. You can check out the MS43 logs that are on the site. There was a link right under the description of the free features. Your DME will perform the same since it is the same.

http://bimmersoftware.com/software/i...gger/Datalogs/

No problem. It's not for everyone. I'd have loved to make it cheaper (Did in fact, when I first released it), but I did not get the response I had hoped for. I've had a small amount of people get a license so far and tons of people email me questions about the free features. With the time that's been involved building this and adding additional features plus support time, $49 is actually a steal. I'd like to keep it where it is if I can. The gentleman with the E63 M6 who bought it thought it was worth more than I was charging and threw me $100 in appreciation of my efforts. Another gentleman with an E90 used it to register his battery for free and saved hundreds by avoiding the BMW Dealership. They quoted him 2 hours labor to install and register the battery. He was on a Mac so he didn't have access to INPA etc. He wasn't sure what he was going to do with the ability to log, but he bought the license anyway and now he's loving it. That tells me it's priced just about right for what I intended to do, make this useful and available for anyone who needs it at an affordable price. I think $49 is an affordable price. Those who are doing in-car videos will likely pay the license fee just for the export to video feature once it's released later this week. I'm not raising the price for that even though datalogging packages that allow video overlay are not generally cheap.

No, you can check codes/clear codes, clear adaptations for free on all platforms. There's actually a tutorial video right on the download page above where you click to download. There are lights in the software that change color to show you the status. You'll see that in the tutorial as well. I'm guessing you just didn't choose your cable in preferences. Take a look.

http://bimmersoftware.com/BMWLogger

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Last edited by smooth1; 08-29-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: :)
smooth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #84
smooth1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post
talked to a german application engineer with almost 25 years of experience and he said, he often had that problem in england with badly adjusted lpg units. he told me a way to solve it, which im going to test tonight. hopefully it will solve my problem.
Let me know if that fixes it... and if you make another top speed run take another log!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #85
daniel_f.

i definately will!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #86
daniel_f.

nothing changed, really sad. 70$ pure 98octane for nothing...

are you able to log realtime lambdavalues at MS45.1? i bought a used one, virginized the ews and was going to change wiring harness in the next weeks, IF i can see realtime lambda values with their both widebandlambda sensors
Old 08-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #87
smooth1

Email me your tune files and I'll take a look.

No real-time lambda yet. Go to the version history to see the current list.

Last edited by smooth1; 08-27-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #88
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Tried to clear the DME Adaptation on the ms45. Got Check Engine Lights like crazy I had to used my peake to reset all CEL. Also, clearing codes on the BMWLogger. When I double click it doesnt do anything (Red Codes not Grey).

-Trip
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #89
smooth1

Your check engine light would have been lit up since the car shouldn't have been running while clearing adaptations.

You have to double click the module name just like the directions at the top of the window tell you to. In this case "DME".
Old 08-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #90
NIVO

My Ride: 2004 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to NIVO
Hope more PID's come!
I love this software for the ease of installation and use. Plus we finally got the speed up on MS45, something some others lack on.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in. ~ Nivo
The rest of my signature is reserved for pointless modification bits like: Halos | window Tint | carbon fiber roundels | short shifter
NIVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #91
smooth1

Ya, it turned out great. I'm always searching for new PIDs.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #92
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

My Ride: 2005 ZHP BMW
Send a message via AIM to BimmerBrakes
Bought to test out
BimmerBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #93
325CiMaN

My Ride: 01 BMW 325ci 3.0L
Wow i could really use this... I swapped a 3.0l in my 325ci and i have been having issues with it running lean and the maf has been wigging out. I definitely super this and want to see this move forward! Great work!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
325CiMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #94
smooth1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrakes View Post
Bought to test out
Thanks for the support! Sending you a PM with details.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #95
smooth1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325CiMaN View Post
Wow i could really use this... I swapped a 3.0l in my 325ci and i have been having issues with it running lean and the maf has been wigging out. I definitely super this and want to see this move forward! Great work!
Running MS43 properly programmed for the 3L? This would definitely help you diagnose the sensors.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #96
325CiMaN

My Ride: 01 BMW 325ci 3.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth1 View Post
Running MS43 properly programmed for the 3L? This would definitely help you diagnose the sensors.
Ya i sent the dme unit to Active auto werke for the 3l tune. It runs fine wide open throttle with maf disconnected... Maf connected it runs like crap.. I used a snapon modis to watch injector pulse width and at idle its at 2.5ms
And at high idle 1500rpms it drops to 1.5ms

325CiMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #97
daniel_f.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325CiMaN View Post
Ya i sent the dme unit to Active auto werke for the 3l tune. It runs fine wide open throttle with maf disconnected... Maf connected it runs like crap.. I used a snapon modis to watch injector pulse width and at idle its at 2.5ms
And at high idle 1500rpms it drops to 1.5ms

well, thats not uncommon. my engine does pretty much the same.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #98
smooth1

Ya, that doesn't sound too far off.

There's a hidden feature in this software that can dump your DME. I'd be more than happy to look over the tune to verify it if you want.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #99
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

My Ride: 2005 ZHP BMW
Send a message via AIM to BimmerBrakes
Smooth1,

Ever thought about adding a function to add an external wideband feature for datalogging? Example: LC-1 using a serial cable?
BimmerBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #100
smooth1

YUP. Already in the works. Direct serial logging for LC-1, LM-1, and LM-2 USB.