E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Thumbs Up Licensed To Tune: The Name Is FREAKS, HORSEPOWERFREAKS

It is true, HorsepowerFreaks is now an authorized AEM Infinity Installer and Tuner. We can sell the AEM Infinity and Install them. AEM is selectively releasing the Infinity to tuners who can support their product and have gone through the AEM Infinity training in Los Angeles. Here's a link to the very few authorized dealers for the AEM Infinity.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/dealer_locator.php

But don't get too excited yet. No AEM dealer on this list is allowed to sell the AEM Infinity quite yet and they only exist with a Supra configuation and a generic or Supra harness. We are getting our first infinity early next week and it is going in John's E30 / S54 swap. AEM does have the plug n play S54 Infinity on their schedule but it will be a little while before everything gets figured out and released.

The AEM Infinity software uses VE based tuning and was quite easy to use. I was really impressed with how quickly you could dial a car in. The computer is so fast you can literally log every parameter in the system 1000 times per second. Then you can stop the log, click on a spot and flip through the maps and graphs and it follow along your tune and adjust any cell or cluster of cells you want.

The downside is much of the additional functionality and extra features we are used to seeing in our AEM EMS and are required to run our turbo kits isn't there yet. So we need some software changes as well. But it will come some day. Until then we will be playing around with the AEM Infinity here in Portland and will keep everyone informed as the eta when it will eventually be sold with our E46 M3 turbo systems. For those that have our current systems there may be a couple features you could get with the Infinity that you don't currently have such as Flex Fuel and Wheel speed based traction control. However you can still run E85 with our current system just not flex fuel, and you can run our current traction control which is acceleration based not wheel speed based. Would be nice to have a built in accelerometer wouldn't it? I asked in the training. ha ha.

Last edited by HPF Chris; 08-29-2012 at 07:14 PM.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
LOL. Hey Chris, thanks for the heads up. You guys did not waste any time! Great. When do you think AEM will release an S54 plug and play? That isnt going to stop you from adapting the Supra based models to HPF BMW builds is it?
From the sound of things with John's car, its full steam ahead.

What is missing that we boost junkies need? EGT info? What?
How are you going to fill the void? Is AEM going to address turbo needs for the Infinity eventually? I am pretty shocked that they did not develop turbo functions for its debut! Are you? Could AEM have done better for their debut?

Sorry, it sounds like AEM Infinity is still a bunch of questions needing answers. I hope this all will get resolved/developed eventually(soon)! I have no doubt you guys will be instrumental in HELPING AEM with some of these issues. Is that the plan? Let them know our boost needs? You are right on the front line. It does sound exciting to be part of a whole new system. It is very cool you are part of a very elite group of dealers too!

I want to see this new ECU really get even more developed to give us more control, safeguards and tuning ability for our builds.

Do you expect the TC to be as good(same?) as Pro EFI?

Last edited by Bdave; 08-29-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
basar13

My Ride: Z4M, R8, 525xd, STI
Hello Chris,

If aem can make a s54 plug and play kit without using the stock ecu then Z4M owners can also use it.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by basar13 View Post
Hello Chris,

If aem can make a s54 plug and play kit without using the stock ecu then Z4M owners can also use it.
We will be looking to adapt the AEM Infinity to the Z4M if we can't get the ProEFI working on it.

Chris.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
LOL. Hey Chris, thanks for the heads up. You guys did not waste any time! Great. When do you think AEM will release an S54 plug and play? That isnt going to stop you from adapting the Supra based models to HPF BMW builds is it?
From the sound of things with John's car, its full steam ahead.

What is missing that we boost junkies need? EGT info? What?
How are you going to fill the void? Is AEM going to address turbo needs for the Infinity eventually? I am pretty shocked that they did not develop turbo functions for its debut! Are you? Could AEM have done better for their debut?

Sorry, it sounds like AEM Infinity is still a bunch of questions needing answers. I hope this all will get resolved/developed eventually(soon)! I have no doubt you guys will be instrumental in HELPING AEM with some of these issues. Is that the plan? Let them know our boost needs? You are right on the front line. It does sound exciting to be part of a whole new system. It is very cool you are part of a very elite group of dealers too!

I want to see this new ECU really get even more developed to give us more control, safeguards and tuning ability for our builds.

Do you expect the TC to be as good(same?) as Pro EFI?
It will be a little while on the E46 M3. They haven't even started on it yet. I'm not going to get into an AEM vs ProEFI debate on this thread, but the AEM Infinity will do wheel speed based traction control.

Chris.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
What makes this better than the current version? Any place online that you can read the upgrades/updates this version is getting? It sounds decent, did they fix the cam issues with this one? Will a failed CPS still eat your motor? What did they do to fix that issue. What type of fail safes does infinity have that the old aem didn't? I honestly don't care who answers these questions. If AEM has released all this info, I'd enjoy reading it. Surely they addressed the cam sync issues???

Last edited by xixixi; 08-30-2012 at 02:39 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
My Ride: Is very FAST
Here is the info on the Infinity. It pretty much has all of the failsafes as the ProEFI does. Looks promising!

http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine...ent-system-90/
Sound Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
Here is the info on the Infinity. It pretty much has all of the failsafes as the ProEFI does. Looks promising!

http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine...ent-system-90/
Thanks, agreed it looks good. I checked out this page. http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine...-downloads-92/ You will need a cable, they can be bought for about $10 on amazon. This should really blow the doors wide open on kits/stages. (customer should have a lot more options, that will be up to hpf) I'm interested to see how it plays out, cool sh!t!
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
rtype16

My Ride: Toyota
What cable are you talking about?
rtype16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
mkodama

The name is Threadtitle, Dorky Threadtitle.

Also, how does a picture of your face relate to the new AEM Infinity?

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Bdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
The name is Threadtitle, Dorky Threadtitle.

Also, how does a picture of your face relate to the new AEM Infinity?
It shows Chris and John actually attending AEM school/class. Nothing wrong with that. Background looks to be an AEM company instructor.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #12
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
It shows Chris and John actually attending AEM school/class. Nothing wrong with that. Background looks to be an AEM company instructor.
Did you need picture proof? I can **** in a box and mark it guaranteed, but all that is is a guaranteed piece of ****. I don't need to put my head up the butchers ass.. I'll take his word for it... wait its gotta be your bull.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Did you need picture proof? I can **** in a box and mark it guaranteed, but all that is is a guaranteed piece of ****. I don't need to put my head up the butchers ass.. I'll take his word for it... wait its gotta be your bull.

Very nice Mr. Farley
Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #14
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:

TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #15
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:

you have issues lately, im concerned, are you going to kill youself soon?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #17
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post
It was a modified quote from Tommy Boy
Old 09-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #18
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post
I'm overworked and underpaid... coupled with extreme boredom while on a 3hr drive.

I'm out here getting my ass kicked and every time I drive down the road I wanna jerk the wheel INTO A GODDAMNED BRIDGE ABUTMENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
It was a modified quote from Tommy Boy

No seriously though.. I'm tired of waiting for this damn Infinity.. its driving me nuts. Release the damn thing already.. its been what.. a year since then announced it? I want to see if it lives up to the hype or not.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #19
Bdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
It will be a little while on the E46 M3. They haven't even started on it yet. I'm not going to get into an AEM vs ProEFI debate on this thread,
Chris.
Why not? Is it because the new AEM needs to be further developed for the M3 before a fair comparison can be made?

That is fair enough. I will say that speed control TC is an awesome attribute!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #20
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
I'm overworked and underpaid... coupled with extreme boredom while on a 3hr drive.

I'm out here getting my ass kicked and every time I drive down the road I wanna jerk the wheel INTO A GODDAMNED BRIDGE ABUTMENT!

No seriously though.. I'm tired of waiting for this damn Infinity.. its driving me nuts. Release the damn thing already.. its been what.. a year since then announced it? I want to see if it lives up to the hype or not.
I knew it was something haha im over worked and under paid also. Such bs

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App