E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
NFL Predictions ?

I am a Dallas fan.
I hope they do well, but I hope they do well and better than the previous year, every year...lol

They have done well in the pre-season. They went 3-1 and Romo looked really good in the last game.

Last year we were 8-8. We lost 3,4 games in the 4Q after we led.

I know it does not mean anything because all the teams are trying out new players and new runs, but it helps the teams motivation and self confidence going in with 3-1 as opposed to 1-3.

------------------------

I also think that Detroit will do well this year.
They have gotten progressively better every year for the last 3,4 years.
I think they won 10 games last year and made the playoffs for the first time since 1999.
A lot better than when they were 3-13 in 2006.

But I hope they don't do too well, because Dallas and Detroit are both in the NFC.

Last edited by Raymond42262; 09-01-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Raymond42262

No one wants to take a shot ?

Anyone want to make any suggestions on who wins the first game of the season tonight.........Dallas at NY ?

Personally, I hope Dallas wins, but Giants will probably take it. I think they have won the last 3,4 games Dallas played there and Jason Witten (Dallas-WR) is still on the injury list.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Raymond42262

Well, Dallas won and defied my predictions. Good For Dallas though.

1-0 is a good way to start the season.

13 penalties for 86 yards is tough though.

Good job Romo !
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Yea. I liked the game but completely frustrated with the penalties. This killed them last season.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Jags to the super bowl...

Actually, I think they'll be terrible. I'd love to see the 49ers make another run at it...I had them in the game last year, though I'm glad the Giants did what needed to be done.

Realistically, I don't have any super bowl predictions...I didn't watch any preseason and I turned off the sports commentating about it when Manning became a Bronco. Ever since then, they can't stop talking about it.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Pats return to SuperBbowl. You all hate it but you know it, only Baltimore
could possibly stop them. Let's just skip rest of regular season and do this now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347233188.987384.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	468436  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Its alright...they'll lose again

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Crespo5190

My Ride: 2001 325CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
No one wants to take a shot ?

Anyone want to make any suggestions on who wins the first game of the season tonight.........Dallas at NY ?

Personally, I hope Dallas wins, but Giants will probably take it. I think they have won the last 3,4 games Dallas played there and Jason Witten (Dallas-WR) is still on the injury list.
True fan already doubting your team. PatNation!! We got good running game now!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #9
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Old 09-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #10
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Its alright...they'll lose again
I'm sorry who do you root for? How many sbs the last ten years? Titles? Playoff appearances? Wins? Points? Field goals? Safeties? Llocker room victory speeches? Supermodel wives?

I thought so, now ****, unless you're a Giants fan.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
Raymond42262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crespo5190 View Post
True fan already doubting your team. PatNation!! We got good running game now!
Well, Witten was out for injuries, until the game started.
He is Romo's favorite receiver.
But Ogletree picked up the slack.

On the other hand...........they won and so did Detroit.

My predictions about Detroit are holding true.

So far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makecopies View Post
Old 09-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Cowboys win the Superbowl vs the Ravens.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Cowboys lose the Superbowl vs the Ravens.
I could live with this

However, I doubt the cowboys are going to make it. I would put the 49ers ahead of them, packers and maybe even the bears depending how they play.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
ngillan

My Ride: Is Blacked Out

*puts flame suit on*

'02 325ci
Smoked Turn Signals, Tail Lights, and Side Markers, 17"CSL Replicas, Plasti-Dip Grille and Reflectors, Carbon Fiber Wrapped Pillars
Replaced Water Pump, Expansion Tank, Power Steering Pump, Drivebelt Pully, ABS Control Module, Passenger Window Regulator, VCG

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'95 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
'99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
'98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
'99 Cadillac STS
ngillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I could live with this

However, I doubt the cowboys are going to make it. I would put the 49ers ahead of them, packers and maybe even the bears depending how they play.
I honestly hope they just aren't a 1 week wonder. Romo has so many weapons on offense... Murray, Austin, Dez, Witten, Ogletree... a few other receivers with great play making ability (WR Holmes.) And he's shown his ability to elude the pass rush, read defense, extend plays, and even run the ball when necessary (still can't slide for sh1t, though.)

The O-line was shoddy against the Giants, but you can't stop guys like JPP and Tuck too easily.

Our defense looked really good... especially vs defending SB champs at home. I can only see the Cowboys getting better as health among the team improves and Ryan gets more time with the new secondary. But we will have to see how the season pans out.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
I honestly hope they just aren't a 1 week wonder. Romo has so many weapons on offense... Murray, Austin, Dez, Witten, Ogletree... a few other receivers with great play making ability (WR Holmes.) And he's shown his ability to elude the pass rush, read defense, extend plays, and even run the ball when necessary (still can't slide for sh1t, though.)

The O-line was shoddy against the Giants, but you can't stop guys like JPP and Tuck too easily.

Our defense looked really good... especially vs defending SB champs at home. I can only see the Cowboys getting better as health among the team improves and Ryan gets more time with the new secondary. But we will have to see how the season pans out.
I feel like Romo always looks good and regresses throughout the season, to near the end when he just plays flat out terrible. I feel like him and Flacco have the same problem. I just don't see that burning desire to do whatever it takes to win games that it matters(ie. big ben has(and I HATE the steelers, but he just wins games when he absolutely has too, manning wins games, brady, rogers.) I hope Flacco changes and he looked good opening day it was a fun ass game to go too. But our offensive coordinator i have no faith in, hes horrendous which could be part of flaccos problem.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #17
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I feel like Romo always looks good and regresses throughout the season, to near the end when he just plays flat out terrible. I feel like him and Flacco have the same problem. I just don't see that burning desire to do whatever it takes to win games that it matters(ie. big ben has(and I HATE the steelers, but he just wins games when he absolutely has too, manning wins games, brady, rogers.) I hope Flacco changes and he looked good opening day it was a fun ass game to go too. But our offensive coordinator i have no faith in, hes horrendous which could be part of flaccos problem.
(nodding)

See under Tom Brady screaming and yelling and Gronkowski catching everything.

Yup, STILL the man.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #18
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Lol. You guys are high. 49ers will make it to the bowl, and I will put money on this.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
hizhinezz
Outlier

Harvaugh proved he's legit first year, D is sick, added some new WRs ( and Moss catching that gift wrapped TD first week is a good omen, when things start going right firnRandy he starts jumping 2 feet higher than anyone in the league to catch any Hail Mary heave in his general direction).

Can they run it? Will Smith deliver in the clutch? To me those are the things we will find out in the NFC playoffs that will make the difference. I was an Eli nonbeliever (fn helmet catch? Should have been a pick) and a Coughlin non believer (BC football fan and he had some success but was such a bitter miserable old f I never thought he'd work in the pros). Did their D get worse? Doesn't look it. They lost some WRs and Jacobs... Falcons are everyone's sleeper and oh yeah what about that team in Wisc. that wanted to run the table last year?

I think Harbaugh is a championship caliber coach and boy is it fun to watch them just shut teams down with that defense... But... Smith. He was his best in the NFC title game... And they lost.

I'm thinking Pats-Packers rematch, ghost of Drew Brady finally exorcised as Brady cannot be denied again and a drunken enraged Brett Farfe attacks Aaron Rodgers Tonya Harding style in the runway when he's running onto the field.

My knee, oh no my knee!!!

John Madden then materializes from nowhere and tackles Farfe, holding him down with his huge bloated largess while tenderly kissing him on the mouth.

Last edited by hizhinezz; 09-15-2012 at 06:52 PM.
hizhinezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
ModBargains III
Sponsor

My Ride: E46
I'm betting on the Harbaugh bowl... 49er's vs Ravens... Might not work out that way, but it would honestly be the only entertaining Superbowl in my mind.
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates & discounts!
ModBargains III is offline   Reply With Quote