E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
afstud

My Ride: 02 & 04 325xi sports
is this a good price on a ZHP with nav?

no heated seats or third pedal but i could live with it for a zhp and the nav.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3183257891.html

possibly going to go look at it tomorrow.

02' 325i sport/premium pkgs zhp wheels & shift knob, euro clears, painted lip, Eonon Nav unit.
afstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Why get a ZHP in auto? (legitimate question, not trying to start a fight) To me it just seems a waste of the extra money... the whole point of the ZHP is that it's a more driver oriented 330i, buying it in auto just seems wrong to me...
Old 09-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
don't buy a slushbox because of one package. that's one step forward, then two steps back.

*btw there was never a "Competition Package" 325xi like your sig states you had two of.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
afstud

point of the thread was, is it a good price? dont worry about my decision to go with an auto, your not driving it...

02' 325i sport/premium pkgs zhp wheels & shift knob, euro clears, painted lip, Eonon Nav unit.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Alex323Ci

No
Old 09-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
afstud

sorry i didnt mean to sound rude, i was only asking a simple question of value of it... i know its an auto and people dont like autos but its an additional car for me to replace the saab and one of my Xi's personally ive already driven a auto zhp last year and was happy with it, its mainly for my long trips in the city and driving a manual gets annoying.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
john311tran

My Ride: awd + 5 doors
if he goes 14500 i would pull the trigger. not that many miles, it looks super clean.

if you do buy, i'll take the zhp wheels off of you if they are square. pm me if you buy!

tint the windows to 30% and most won't know you don't have 3 pedals. hehe

john
john311tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
afstud

its not like im embarrassed to drive an auto, ill report back after a drive and price negotiation

Old 09-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
OneOfaKindTrini

My Ride: 540i w/ 3 Pedals..
if you want a stick, wait for a stick to come up.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
afstud

i kinda do want an auto, although i already have an auto and a manual (love both) but the manual one is annoying in the city, and i just love the ZHP's

Old 09-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
jiggz

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by afstud View Post
point of the thread was, is it a good price? dont worry about my decision to go with an auto, your not driving it...
Exactly. You don't need to justify your transmission choice to anybody on here. It's getting really old when the point of a thread is completely missed because people see 'automatic' and immediately pounce.

With that said, the price looks acceptable to me, and the seller may also accept offers (OBO). Other than the Cold Weather Package/Heated Seats, the car looks well optioned. I would ask about maintenance history as well, and a thorough test drive of course.

Good luck
jiggz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
afstud

thank you!

Old 09-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
Alex323Ci

Quote:
no heated seats or third pedal but i could live with it for a zhp and the nav.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3183257891.html

possibly going to go look at it tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Exactly. You don't need to justify your transmission choice to anybody on here. It's getting really old when the point of a thread is completely missed because people see 'automatic' and immediately pounce.
With that said, the price looks acceptable to me, and the seller may also accept offers (OBO). Other than the Cold Weather Package/Heated Seats, the car looks well optioned. I would ask about maintenance history as well, and a thorough test drive of course.
he brought up no third pedal and being automatic first. stating but he could live with it because he'd be getting the Perf Package. why "live with it" when making such a big purchase? we followed up with that is a big compromise if you're paying upwards of $5-$7 thousand more buying a used car for performance, and the automatic basically drops it down. a 330-zhp automatic is not any quicker than a 330 manual. And there is absolutely a disconnect with the E46 driver from car when it's automatic.
Add that this isn't any special color to the Perf Package, nor are the seats. It's actually one of the most disliked color interiors of all, the extended light grey. The car doesn't have ZCWP like he'd prefer either. So $15,300 for a 70K mile Automatic car that doesn't have heated seats.
Sure he could talk down price, he could even replace with heated seats and have it all. But his initial post was one that implied he didn't want the automatic. There are far too many Fanatics that this is a deal breaker, especially on an overly priced 330i-Perf Package.

On top of it all it's Not a good price either.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #14
afstud

it doesnt matter anymore. the guy sold it for 13k last night.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
Alex323Ci

Quote:
it doesnt matter anymore. the guy sold it for 13k last night.
well that confirms if $15,300 was actually a good price or NOT

if you really want a 330-zhp search here at this site, you're likely to find what you really want given time and searching. GL
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forum...(vehicles-only)
Old 09-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #16
afstud

thanks.. ive been keeping my eye on there, and want to find something in my area i can go check out on the fly, i mean i can fly for next to nothing to go look at one and drive it home if i like but would just be easier to look within 200 miles of here.