E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
New Motorola Droid RAZRs.

3 new models announced, with one of them going on sale shortly and the others by the holidays.

I've never been a big fan of the look of the RAZRs, but i'm glad to see less bezel and more screen. I've always hated phones that had tons of space not utilized by anything. And the battery life of these things is second to none. I'm also glad to see NFC being a standard feature now on Android phones. The quicker it gets adopted, the quicker its applications will grow.

Looking good? Meh?

Motorola unveils new Droid RAZRs -- faster with long battery life

Quote:
Motorola Mobility announced three new RAZR smartphones Wednesday, saying they were designed with speed and battery life in mind.

Motorola Mobility, now owned by Google, said the flagship of the bunch, Droid RAZR HD, has a large, 4.7-inch display even though the phone's size is the same as that of last year's Droid RAZR.

The RAZR HD, which will be available in black or white, will have up to 24 hours of battery life and will come with 16 GB of storage.

The company also announced the Droid RAZR MAXX HD -- which is built for heavy battery usage. The RAZR MAXX HD can get 32 hours of performance or 21 hours of talk time. The RAZR MAXX HD comes in black and packs 32 GB of storage.

Motorola said the RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD will be available before the holidays but did not give a price.

The company did give a price and launch date for the RAZR M, which has a 4.3-inch screen in a body that is the same size as the iPhone 4S, which has a 3.5-inch display.

The RAZR M will begin pre-selling for $99 Wednesday afternoon and will be available next week. This phone will have 8 GB of storage

The three phones will be available exclusively from Verizon.

All of them will run on a 1.5 Ghz dual-core processor and come with 1 GB of RAM. The phones will be enabled with Near-Field Communication technology, which allows users to pay for purchases by merely swiping the device in front of an NFC-enabled receiver.

They also include a micro SD card slot and come with an 8-megapixel back camera. The phones will come with Chrome pre-installed as their Web browser.

Motorola said the new Droid RAZRs will run on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system but they'll update to Android Jelly Bean, the latest version of Android, before the year's end.

Additionally, the company said most of its 2011 phones will also be updating to Jelly Bean. Customers who own any 2011 Verizon Motorola phones that can't upgrade to Jelly Bean will receive a $100 credit to purchase one of the new Droid RAZRs.
Hopefully some better pictures will start surfacing soon.

jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote