E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #361
rguti153

My Ride: 2004 zhp / 2000 323i
Them cowgirls

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
rguti153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #362
YOLO89

My Ride: Hooptie
Guess well see how he plays out the season def had a huge first game.
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #363
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
They have the Seahawks (not the Chargers) next weekend.

They need to get the O-line to calm the fvck down. Soooo tired of the false start penalties.
San Diego, Seattle............they both begin with S.
Anyone could make that mistake.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Shocked to see Witten on the field, Romo didn't pass to him much.[/B] Witten got a penalty and Romo either overthrew one or Witten missed the catch... unreal for him.

Ogletree is the new Robinson... Claiborne and Carr did work. Romo has amazing footwork, got himself out of countless situations due to poor protection. Looking good, hopefully its not a 1 week wonder.
His spleen was ruptured a few weeks ago.
He was on the injury list until yesterday morning.
I'm sure that he was a little rusty and self conscious about getting hit in the gut after that injury.
Anyhow, Ogletree had a good night.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #364
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
Up yours Mara, you bitchass! First time in my life I've rooted for the Girls...

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #365
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Look at the stats. He's consistently in the top rankings among others that are considered elite. It stands to reason.

And interceptions are also the results of tipped balls, blown routs and dumb luck.
In the last 4 games vs the Giants he had a passer rating of 124... Wednesday night 129.5? His regular season stats are better than Eli Manning's.

Last night he played like an elite QB... improvising plays, amazing footwork to save plays after poor protection, connecting with the receivers all night. Until he wins the big one, people are going to talk shiit... but the dude is a great quarterback.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #366
Raymond42262

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
In the last 4 games vs the Giants he had a passer rating of 124... Wednesday night 129.5? His regular season stats are better than Eli Manning's.

Last night he played like an elite QB... improvising plays, amazing footwork to save plays after poor protection, connecting with the receivers all night. Until he wins the big one, people are going to talk shiit... but the dude is a great quarterback.
People are always going to talk smack about the Cowboys because they are
'America's Team' and Jerry Jones makes sure that America does not forget.

If Detroit, Seattle or Buffalo has a bad game or a bad year, it's ok because no one expects much from them. But regardless of how the Cowboys perform, they are always expected to do well and always expected to be a Superbowl contender.

There are very few teams that have that kind of expectation, year in and year out.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #367
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHooch View Post
Up yours Mara, you bitchass! First time in my life I've rooted for the Girls...
Admit it. You're a closet Cowboys fan.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #368
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Admit it. You're a closet Cowboys fan.
Yeah, cowboy butts drive me nuts!

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #369
DME46

1 more day!!!

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 09-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #370
joeski3d

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #371
DME46

10 days of rest for this?

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #372
joeski3d

Definitely not the same team that smashed the Giants. Not sure where to point the finger.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #373
Raymond42262

Quote:
Definitely not the same team that smashed the Giants. Not sure where to point the finger.
True, but Seattle was firing on all cylinders today.

Their training should be intense this week.

Last edited by Raymond42262; 09-16-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Raymond42262 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #374
Raymond42262

X Cowboy busted...........
-----------------

My last memory of Sam Hurd with the Dallas Cowboys has nothing to do with anything he did on the football field.

In five seasons with the Cowboys, Sam Hurd never came across as anything but a devoted receiver and special teams contributor striving to improve.
Sometime late last season at the Cowboys' Valley Ranch training complex, I saw Hurd walking toward the showers with a towel wrapped around his waist, though it didn't hide the scriptures tattooed along his rib cage.
Hurd, a frequent visitor to my church in southern Dallas, was singing a gospel song.

As usual, he was off key.

So I teased him.

"God don't care about your voice as long as you're praising him," he said with a hearty laugh.

Like just about everyone else, Thursday morning's news that Hurd, a San Antonio native, had been arrested Wednesday night in Chicago on federal drug charges surprised me.

Sam Hurd? A drug kingpin?

Was he trying to be a real-life Stringer Bell, a notorious drug dealer who fancied himself an educated businessman, from the acclaimed HBO series "The Wire?"

After all, Hurd signed a three-year deal worth $5.1 million, including a $1.35 million signing bonus with the Chicago Bears in the offseason, and earned a base salary of $685,000 this season.

Of all the players I've met in 17 seasons of covering the Cowboys, Hurd never, ever would've popped up on my radar as an alleged drug dealer.

Read the government's affidavit, and the person described sounds nothing like the Hurd I've known since he arrived at the Cowboys' training camp in July 2006 as an undrafted free agent.

That guy was a shy, likable, confident player who dedicated himself to making the team.

Shortly after training camp started, Hurd began spending extra time after practice working on his release off the line of scrimmage and running routes. Then he'd catch chest-high passes from a Jugs machine at close range for about 30 minutes.

Sometimes, he'd sit on the ground and have one of the equipment managers throw him passes. Anything to improve his hand-eye coordination.

Hurd also took advantage of his access to Terrell Owens. Say what you will about T.O. as a teammate, but he dominated the NFL for a decade -- and Hurd picked his brain clean in a never-ending quest to improve.
T.O., thrilled to have an apprentice, taught Hurd everything he knew from training to diet.

Hurd played five seasons with the Cowboys, primarily as a key special-teams performer, catching 45 passes for 630 yards and two touchdowns with the Cowboys.

He never caught more than 19 passes in a season but distinguished himself as a solid contributor, the type of versatile, all-around player who can have a 10-year NFL career.

The kid from San Antonio and Northern Illinois just wanted to be the best.

Based on the complaint filed by the federal government, Hurd also wanted to be the best drug dealer.

Undercover Homeland Security agents arrested Hurd after he attempted to set up regular purchases of 1,000 pounds of marijuana and five to 10 kilograms of cocaine to expand a drug distribution system he'd already established.

The complaint says Hurd and another co-conspirator currently distribute four kilograms of cocaine per week in the Chicago area, but that the supplier could not supply him with enough quantity.

Hurd met with the undercover agent for the first time Wednesday night, saying he only focused on "high-end" deals.

The complaint says the agent on the case believes Hurd violated federal statute from last July through Wednesday night.

The person described in the complaint sounds nothing like the person I knew.

We're talking about one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, a person I never heard utter a profanity. A man I once spent 30 minutes talking to about the strategies he used to succeed in the popular video game Halo.

Then again, we don't really know anyone. And every time we forget, we get reminded by an incident like this that leaves us wondering what clues, if any, we missed.
Aside from your spouse, some relatives, and your two or three best friends in the world, you don't know anyone.

Sad, isn't it?

Folks show us what they want us to see. They show us what they think we want to see.

Or should see.

Twenty years in sports journalism has taught me to never be shocked by anything.

Even an alleged drug-dealing receiver who often sang gospel.

----------------------
Court Dockets....

http://espn.go.com/photo/preview/!pd..._complaint.pdf

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...fable-demeanor
Old 09-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #375
Raymond42262

Well, the Cowboys won another one ....!
I like the Cowboys, but they certainly were not playing like a SuperBowl contender.

Sacked 4 times, 1 interception, too many dropped passes.
I don't know if it is because Romo held the ball too long or because he could not find someone open or because Tampa's offense was too much. It is hard when you only see the QB.

But a win is a win..even if the kicker makes the most points on the team with 3 field goals.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #376
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
We have a great chance in our division. Like the Giants proved last year, that's all you need. Hope we can keep Murray all season. We need to be able to control the game with steady pounding the Dline.
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #377
Raymond42262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueandwhite85 View Post
We have a great chance in our division. Like the Giants proved last year, that's all you need. Hope we can keep Murray all season. We need to be able to control the game with steady pounding the Dline.
This is the 7th game of the year.

I like the Cowboys but they need to get it together and tighten up if they are going to make the playoffs. They are not going to make it there because they win games playing teams much worse than them. They have to win because they beat them.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #378
joeski3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueandwhite85 View Post
We have a great chance in our division.
From what I've seen so far I have to disagree. Where do I start?

The offense is still sloppy to the point of being amateurish. Way too many collapsed pockets, false starts and dropped passes on 3rd down. They have no running game worth mentioning. They've abandoned everything that worked for them when they smashed the Giants.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #379
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7232--nfl.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #380
joeski3d

I would think packers.com would be more fitting for such a site.

Ballbusters Inc.