E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #3481
king kong

My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
No. Only if it's Kalim.
Oh, I was just checking
Old 09-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #3482
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
I don't get the point of this car, since at this rate it's about as big as a Vauxhall/Opel or a PSA hatch, and is less taut than the Mini it's supposed to be related to:

http://autospies.com/news/STUD-OR-DU...The-Web-72354/

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #3483
albeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
Oh, I was just checking
I might be slightly jealous if you cleaned your car. Otherwise, no.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #3484
king kong

Kalim, Just saw your message from the other day Sent an email off to tech. I'll let you know what I hear back.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #3485
hizhinezz

My Ride: 01 330i
Anyone want to help sort out some exterior lighting demons? Angels not working as drls since installing xenon kit. Still come on when I shut down the car...

I'm willing to pay for a$$istance. Kalim? Drewdown?

Background: Drew installed angels and they worked perfectly. SF semipros installed xenons for lowbeams, installed all necessary parts and they work fine, angels stopped working as drls.

I don't mess with electricals by nature but I want halos to light (especially now that I modded highbeam rings to look more like oems but making them smaller in circumference).

Any taker$? Theorists?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347051012.947902.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	468085   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347051042.166797.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	468086  
Old 09-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #3486
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
Taking cars apart sucks when you actually have to put it back together, dunnit?
Not really. The annoying part is that the engine of the van in almost entirely under the dash of the car. The hood only opens up to show the fan shroud and the front of the engine.

Front-mid engine van, because race van.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #3487
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Anyone want to help sort out some exterior lighting demons? Angels not working as drls since installing xenon kit. Still come on when I shut down the car...

I'm willing to pay for a$$istance. Kalim? Drewdown?

Background: Drew installed angels and they worked perfectly. SF semipros installed xenons for lowbeams, installed all necessary parts and they work fine, angels stopped working as drls.

I don't mess with electricals by nature but I want halos to light (especially now that I modded highbeam rings to look more like oems but making them smaller in circumference).

Any taker$? Theorists?

Thanks.
You had drew do electrical for you?

I expected better judgement on your behalf.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #3488
hizhinezz

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
There's a new cute girl at work. Looks to be about my age, not sure of ethnicity. Her cubicle is right outside my office. So far just a lot of smiling and hellos back and fourth. I'm noticing a LOT more foot traffic from my other male co-workers outside my office though -_-
Easily played. Continue to ingratiate yourself via harmless friendliness, discern availibility (existing non work bf?). Catalogue fan club based in likelihood of success (cheesy obvious annoying loser with no chance vs office gigolo). Tell guys with a real shot/game about any applicable ( or if necessary invented) bfs to steer them away. Use corny retards as conversation fodder with said hotness ("what a loser I can't believe how much he annoys you, sorry youre subjected to that, do you need me to say something?" "What a joke, nice goatee mr 1997") whilst making it clear that, while merely a nice caring harmless guy, you're still a fan ("you must be sort of used to being hit on all the time"). When all other admirers have been properly dissuaded or pilloried, and she's been convinced you're mr nice guy... Strike like an angry cobra and destroy destroy destroy.*

*If plan backfires in any way, or worse, she falls in love with you, you cannot escape fallout as she sits next to you at work.

Plan B: if you can't ever make the move despite establishing pseudo friendship (or she turns out to be a hopeless slut, and that doesn't lead you to propose) leverage relationship to garner favors with other co-workers (aka become an influential cockblocker and pimp her out for work contributions, promotions, snacks, thumbtacks, etc etc).

God gave you a gift by seating her near you, dont look that gift horse in the mouth.

Ymmv

Last edited by hizhinezz; 09-07-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #3489
albeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Not really. The annoying part is that the engine of the van in almost entirely under the dash of the car. The hood only opens up to show the fan shroud and the front of the engine.

Front-mid engine van, because race van.
What I meant was, if you don't fix this car and put it back together, then you REALLY wouldn't have a car.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #3490
mkodama

lol, true.

Well, alternator is out already. Pretty simple affair.

Now I'm just thinking I kinda want to replace the whole alternator. It looks pretty old, and if the bearings are worn out, it makes me wonder what else is going to wear out next.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #3491
king kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Easily played. Continue to ingratiate yourself via harmless friendliness, discern availibility (existing non work bf?). Catalogue fan club based in likelihood of success (cheesy obvious annoying loser with no chance vs office gigolo). Tell guys with a real shot/game about any applicable ( or if necessary invented) bfs to steer them away. Use corny retards as conversation fodder with said hotness ("what a loser I can't believe how much he annoys you, sorry youre subjected to that, do you need me to say something?" "What a joke, nice goatee mr 1997") whilst making it clear that, while merely a nice caring harmless guy, you're still a fan ("you must be sort of used to being hit on all the time"). When all other admirers have been properly dissuaded or pilloried, and she's been convinced you're mr nice guy... Strike like an angry cobra and destroy destroy destroy.*

*If plan backfires in any way, or worse, she falls in love with you, you cannot escape fallout as she sits next to you at work.

Plan B: if you can't ever make the move despite establishing pseudo friendship (or she turns out to be a hopeless slut, and that doesn't lead you to propose) leverage relationship to garner favors with other co-workers (aka become an influential cockblocker and pimp her out for work contributions, promotions, snacks, thumbtacks, etc etc).

God gave you a gift by seating her near you, dont look that gift horse in the mouth.

Ymmv
What did I just read? Lol. Sadly I don't date at work. I think i'm supposed to be upper level management on paper. Too much to risk my career on I do like how u think though
Old 09-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #3492
mkodama

lol, hizhinezz posts are great reads.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #3493
mkodama

So damn, I want to just pay $80+tax and go pick up a new alternator at O'Reilly's, but now I need somebody else's car to get there.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #3494
albeee

I was wondering about that.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #3495
albeee

Are there no spare cars in The Bong House stable?

Quote:
Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #3496
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
You've got a couple fancy road bikes right miles?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #3497
king kong

If you say you're a business can't you get places like napa to deliver?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #3498
albeee

Yeah! Tell them you're an international business.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #3499
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:

Well, the point of it was not because pork was holy or anything. The point was because pigs are dirty animals that are frowned upon in many religions because there was a high chance of getting sick from eating the meat. Eating the meat is still a nono because of the rules, ut there was nothing ever saying you can't taste the meat.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
Old 09-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #3500
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
And since my car is a euro, there is no wood trim, all black!
I guess it would be even less of a sore thumb in that case.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
Closed Thread