||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rating:||Display Modes|
|08-29-2012, 07:06 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2007
My Ride: Dinan328Ci, 335i, M3
FS: 5MT 2000 328Ci - Dinan S1 - LOADED - 85K Miles - DC Metro Area
Well, I think it's finally time to let my 5-speed manual 2000 328Ci go. It's been in my family for several years now, I've owned it since 2007 and my brother owned it for about 4 years before that. It's an absolute joy to drive, I've never minded traffic or commutes because it's still a looker and handles like a dream.
The car has extremely low miles for the year, only ~85,000 miles!
Some of the cars original luxury & sport features are:
Black Exterior, Black Interior
Cold Weather Package
- Leather interior
- Dual heated front seats
- Power driver seat w/memory
- Power passenger seat
- Xenon headlights with auto-leveling
- Fog lights (color-matched bulbs to xenons from JLevi)
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror
- Sport suspension
- Rear 60/40 split fold-down seats
- Myrtle wood trim
Installed upgrades include:
Full Dinan S1 Package (Dinan installed, $4500+ in parts alone)
- Free Flow Exhaust
- High Flow Cold Air Intake
- Performance Engine Software (no top speed limiter, amazing throttle response)
- Strut Brace
- Tower Brace
- Koni adjustable strut & shocks
- Performance springs
- Dinan floor mats
- Dinan aluminum pedals
- "Dinan 3" decklid badge and serial number placard under hood
I love this Dinan kit; exhaust has great understated rumble
Other mods & upgrades include:
- Replaced VANOS seals with the Beisan kit in 2010, no issues since
- Zimmerman Cross-drilled brake rotors front & rear, and PBR Axxis Deluxe dustless brake pads
- E38 M-Coupe Short-Shift Kit (replaced the UUC, installed by M-Shop in Eagle Rock, CA)
- M branded leather shift knob (which complements the M-coupe shift kit!)
- Eagle-Eye LED Tails
- DICE iPod/iPhone connector (this replaced the 6-disc changer in the trunk)
- Cleared signal lenses front and rear, and clear/white reflectors in front
- Performance control arm bushings
The car even comes with 2 sets of wheels & tires!
- 19"x8" non-staggered BMW ZCP Competition Package Wheels w/Dunlop SP9000 Summer Tires. Had to get the non-staggered to fit the 19s, didn't want to have to roll the fenders in the rear. These wheels brand new are $2000!
- 17"x8", 17"x8.5" Style 68 wheels with All-Season tires
If you're in the NCC chapter of the BMW CCA, you've probably seen it at one of the DIYs where I change the oil or at an auto-X. I've been running 0W-40 Mobil 1 for years now and change the oil every ~7000 miles if I don't hit 3 months first.
Overall the car's in very good shape for this age, and my pops and I have diligently done regular maintenance and any necessary replacements for the car. It had the Inspection II service and guibo replaced before I drove it from California. We also had BMW USA cover the full subframe replacement back in 2008. There are the little dings and chips you'd expect, some touch-up paint here and there, a bit of a squeek in the clutch you can only hear from the outside, and the brake-pads feel like they need to set-in a bit more.
It's still a real site to see when she's all waxed up. Paint is still glooosssy. Never fails, nobody ever guesses this car is as old as it is. The low miles and diligent care have kept it in amazing shape!
Price is $9,500. Also looking to upgrade to an E92 335i, so will consider trade & cash. Will post interior shots soon!
Here she is on the end wearing the 17s
Last edited by jailonacs99; 08-29-2012 at 07:29 PM.
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|