E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #381
flipm3

My Ride: 02 M3, 97 328i
Send a message via AIM to flipm3
That coating looks great! Keep us updated on the install!

2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My Build Thread
Evolve Automotive CF Airbox & AlphaN . Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers & V1 SPipe
flipm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #382
Tarmac_E46_M3

My Ride: 2003 M3
Everything is installed.

SS V1 Stepped headers
SS S pipe section
CF Driveshaft

I removed my AUX Fan (7.8 lbs, should put me right under 3000 lbs). Notice a small different, at speed, with temps being lower (stock gauge, so probably more than what I noticed). I was quite amazed, considering that was just over the past couple days of driving. A/C works fine in 80* weather, no issues. I probably won't see much warmer than that, at least not often.

I have a few things next on the list, just unsure what I will attack first.

- Custom rear strut/upper subframe reinforcement bar (add 15-20 lbs)
- Custom cabin air filter housing delete/ custom small aluminum filter holder (drop 10-11 lbs)
- Install rear lexan windows (rear and quarters; 20-25 lbs dropped)
- Front subframe reinforcement
- BW Solid engine/trans mounts
- JBR Lightweight steel flywheel (when I need clutch; drops about 5-8 lbs)
- Clutch Masters FX-300 clutch kit (when I need a new clutch; I suspect it drops around 5 lbs)
- works SMG paddles, quick release and Sparco Ring steering wheel (flat bottom)
- "Delete" all extra wiring in the car (expecting around 10 lbs)
- Custom section 2 and muffler (drop around 50 lbs)

with all that, I'm guessing, I'll be around 2915 lbs. Maybe less... I'm not sure.
Current: 1969 Ford Mustang; 351w; Champion 4 row alu rad; Edelbrock Intake Manifold; Holley 600 CFM Carb; Cragar Wheels; 215/60-15 f, 255/60-15 r; Doug Tri-Y Headers; Dual Side Exit w/Xpipe; MSD 6AL; Electric Fuel Pump; U/D Pulley Set; Monte Carlo Bar.

SOLD: :( E46 M3 SMG; Evolve-R Tune; much, much more... 2980 lbs.

Home biz info: www.HelpMeFightTheForcesOfEvil.com
Tarmac_E46_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #383
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Did u switch to an electric fan, if so what page is that on?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #384
Tarmac_E46_M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
Did u switch to an electric fan, if so what page is that on?
I did, a 16" spal fan. It came with the zionsville type 17 kit. Nice shroud and everything.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App
Current: 1969 Ford Mustang; 351w; Champion 4 row alu rad; Edelbrock Intake Manifold; Holley 600 CFM Carb; Cragar Wheels; 215/60-15 f, 255/60-15 r; Doug Tri-Y Headers; Dual Side Exit w/Xpipe; MSD 6AL; Electric Fuel Pump; U/D Pulley Set; Monte Carlo Bar.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #385
Snik
OEM ///Member

Oh. Part of a radiator kit
I'm still exploring options for an electric fan conversion on the stock radiator.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #386
Tarmac_E46_M3

I'm pretty sure BW sells the same fan on their site, as a little kit. It's just a matter of getting mounts for the stock rad. I've read of quite a few people doing that. Mostly all on M3F.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #387
Snik
OEM ///Member

Yeah. Been searching on there and seeing some things.
Can't find a direct write up and review yet tho.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #388
Tarmac_E46_M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
Yeah. Been searching on there and seeing some things.
Can't find a direct write up and review yet tho.
It works, trust me. That's why I went with it. I talked to shops, people running big power (meaning if they can, my engine won't have an issue), guys who track and DD their car, guys who only track...

I did a LOT of research and questioning. Ideally, a shroud would be best, but plenty run it without and are fine.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #389
Snik
OEM ///Member

Awesome. thanks.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #390
S85FTW

My Ride: E60 M5 & F30 328XI
Send a message via AIM to S85FTW
Dumb thought but what about some lighter wheels?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #391
Tarmac_E46_M3

I had actually bought apex wheels. Ended up selling them since I was parked on the street in la a lot (didn't want them stolen or scratched by accident). Then once I was out of the area... They were alreay sold, so I never bought a new set.

So I just rock Oem wheels for now. I did figure though, running apex wheels with PSS' tires (275 square) would drop around 45ish lbs.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #392
Tarmac_E46_M3

Update on my car. I know some of you hate what I'm doing... but it's all good. For those that enjoy it, I think you'll like this update.
----------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for the rest of the Works Bell stuff to come in.

So...

In the mean time I'm getting some stuff done by Andrew Lang of Lang Racing development. (Langracing.com).

Very cool guy, flexible, loves working on cars and best of all... does it for fun. He does it part time just because he has the skills to offer to people.. and for a reasonable price.

He does custom work, mostly, and will adapt to what you want. As we all know, I'm pretty hardcore on how I want my car. Well, I sent him an email late last week and we chatted it up. Long story short, he is installing rear side lexan and rear lexan windows. Now, he's not just making it like a race car... I told him I DD the car. So he said he would replace an OEM trim to keep leaks out and do a few extra things to make sure the windows stay secure with regular driving. On top of that, he will be painting the inside of the windows to give them an "OEM" look. (He actually mentioned how he's been wanting to do this exact same thing to his DD Porsche )

Then, a few days ago I threw an idea out there.. and he was down. I'll be getting my rear strut bar/upper subframe reinforcement bars welded in as well. For a pretty bad ass price. yes, it's adding a bit of weight, but my rear end will be about as solid as it gets without a full or half cage. He'll be using chromoly .083" thick pipes with TIG weld.. he only does TIG welds, by the way. Similar to this:

If anyone needs some custom work done and you're in SD, OC or LA... he's definitely worth the trip. As far as I know, he's only one man right now, but he's trying to build his name! I already like the guy and the only work I've seen is on his race cars. Them shits is legit! haha.

He said he'll be taking pics throughout the process so I can see (and share) how it all went down.

Anyways... standby for an update with pics by mid/end of next week. I can't wait!

(PS windows should drop about 25 lbs and I'm expecting the reinforcement to add around 15-20. So I'll drop a few lbs, but I'll have less weight higher in the car. Works for me )

Old 09-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #393
Tarmac_E46_M3

Car is up for sale, guys. Sad to see it go but... Life is calling.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #394
flipm3

My Ride: 02 M3, 97 328i
Send a message via AIM to flipm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac_E46_M3 View Post
Car is up for sale, guys. Sad to see it go but... Life is calling.

No way?!?! You just finished up some of the best and most insane modifications and now you have to let it go?!

Either way, there are always other priorities so hopefully everything works out for the better! I wish you the best man!

2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My Build Thread
Evolve Automotive CF Airbox & AlphaN . Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers & V1 SPipe
flipm3 is offline   Reply With Quote