E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
pythonis

My Ride: BMW 2000 323CI
Considering pickles, Do I dare?

Hey Everyone,

So up in townsville rarely do I see BMW on the townsville pickles auction site, very rarely again do I see a 330i (shame its not a ci but still 330 is a pretty fine beasty) Now I know what you're all thinking, lets see it? or I bet its wrecked well... actually...

http://www.pickles.com.au/damaged/it...330i/602092384

It seems pretty intact to me, So much so that with my very little life savings I am considering buying this, if you guys can figure out whats wrong with it before I do of course. The trouble is I think that this might be a 2k pick up and might be a 10k sell off, which would make me a little bit richer, and someone a little bit happier since they have an amazing car! All I need to do is figure out if this is a bit of a suspot or if its a diamond in dusty armor.

So if you guys can figure it out, or if you have any tips, much appreciated.

~ Pythonis
pythonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
selien
davconelectric gaycar maker

My Ride: 330CI
Negatives:

auto, unregistered, stolen?, facelift , not a ci, would need work

Positives:
low Ks, cheap, make a nice project car or bring back to life for a pretty penny.

Theft "damaged" vehicle, wondering how its theft damaged considering you cant just stab a screwdriver in the ignition barrel and drive it away, was either towed or keys left with it (insurance job most likely then) if that's the case, something must be off with it if the previous owner wanted it gone.

There's not much details there, if its a steal 2k as you say or up to 4-5k, id buy it source cheap parts and resell for a profit, guess you'd have to see it in person.

selien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Brissyjohn

My Ride: 2003 325ti
Quote:
...Please Note: We recommend an onsite inspection during viewing hours....
Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
trive2

My Ride: 1989 BMW 535i
Ooooo identical to mine but silver.

Mine cost me $19,000 from a dealer and it was a good deal. Also had a lot of warranty work done to it when I bought it. I wouldn't touch that if it went for more than $10,000. I've got a friend that makes a living buying and selling these cars, he picked up a bent 325Ci individual update on 222,000km for $6,000 and sold it for $12,000. I don't know what it cost him to fix it though... he gets everything pretty much free.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #5
Scotty_89

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Wait, do you mean you're going to buy it for $2k and sell it for $10k?

Where did you get that idea?
Old 08-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
MBM330i

My Ride: e46 330i
They must have cooked the engine or driven it into a lake? Why would they write it off? If it starts and drives and you get it registered I'll buy it off you for $10,000

E46 318i with transplant 3.0M54 5sp manual
Still have the original washer bottle under the hood
WTB new washer bottle
MBM330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
pythonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBM330i View Post
They must have cooked the engine or driven it into a lake? Why would they write it off? If it starts and drives and you get it registered I'll buy it off you for $10,000

Yeah im thinking that may be the case. I went to look at it but apparently you are not allowed to look at vehicles till the monday before the auction. Which annoyingly is a day before it does look pretty clean, just that scrape on the bumper, thats about it. So yeaah as you said it might be a little engine melted or somehow the automatic gearbox destroyed theft damage and on pickles could mean some hefty internal issues.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
for 2 grand take the risk..if its a POS just part it out

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #9
pythonis

Hello everyone gain,

So I got to look at the car today. It seems pretty good, tiny dints, few paint scratches, bit dusty.
The main problem is that it lacks a key...
How much would it cost to get a new key, for the entire car/ would it even be worth it if the engine doesnt work?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #10
GJA003

My Ride: Whatever runs
Get the vin call bmw get a quote case solved (Y) Depending on what the car sells for it may still be worth it for parting out but thats if you going to put the effort and time into having it sit and parting it.

GJA003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #11
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
It's still worth it get new ignition or Hotwire day in day out
Old 09-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #12
Nath

My Ride: MY13 Maloo
If you can get the engine started buy it
Old 09-03-2012, 03:43 AM   #13
Mitch E46

My Ride: M3 Convertible
If it doesn't work out and you want to part out, I'll take the engine bay.

Mitch E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #14
GJA003

My Ride: Whatever runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch E46 View Post
If it doesn't work out and you want to part out, I'll take the engine bay.

GJA003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #15
shannon1

My Ride: 2001, 318i
^ He wants to do an engine transplant.

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #16
pythonis

Hey everyone, well the auction was on tuesday, sorry I didnt get back to you guys haha.

So um... basically some of you were a little skeptical that you could pick up a 330i for under 5grand and I have to say hahaha. well....

You are right.

Bidding started at 6k and ended at 7.5k. Shame cause if I had 10grand the car would have still been able to bring a 5/10k profit. oh well someone will enjoy it, Hopefully. (As long as I dont see it on carsales in the next few weeks haha)
Anyway Thanks guys for the information, this was a great learning experince for next time some great bargain appears, Still looking into getting myself a 330 engine since it fits better than the m3. haha though that is a few years off I think

~Pythonis
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #17
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Hey everyone, well the auction was on tuesday, sorry I didnt get back to you guys haha.

So um... basically some of you were a little skeptical that you could pick up a 330i for under 5grand and I have to say hahaha. well....

You are right.

Bidding started at 6k and ended at 7.5k. Shame cause if I had 10grand the car would have still been able to bring a 5/10k profit. oh well someone will enjoy it, Hopefully. (As long as I dont see it on carsales in the next few weeks haha)
Anyway Thanks guys for the information, this was a great learning experince for next time some great bargain appears, Still looking into getting myself a 330 engine since it fits better than the m3. haha though that is a few years off I think

~Pythonis

Oh well, not to worry, keep trying. Best of luck
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #18
MBM330i

Quote:

You are right.

~Pythonis
yeah the reserve was 7k the car did have the key it was started and tested and the key was in the pic. I spoke to them about it and they fowarded the isurance companies details for the write off. The only reason it was a write off because apparently it was stolen then recovered after they wrote it off. they were thinking it would sell for 7-9 and market value 31,000 i was tempeted but wait 12 months and this is all a clear title will be worth. So i figured i wouldnt chance it.

WTB new washer bottle
Old 09-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #19
pythonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBM330i View Post
yeah the reserve was 7k the car did have the key it was started and tested and the key was in the pic. I spoke to them about it and they fowarded the isurance companies details for the write off. The only reason it was a write off because apparently it was stolen then recovered after they wrote it off. they were thinking it would sell for 7-9 and market value 31,000 i was tempeted but wait 12 months and this is all a clear title will be worth. So i figured i wouldnt chance it.
Oh cool! I swear though it went for 7.5, which is odd cause...

DUN DUN DAAAA!

its back up for auction...
Old 09-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #20
MBM330i

Quote:
Oh cool! I swear though it went for 7.5, which is odd cause...

DUN DUN DAAAA!

its back up for auction...
Highest bidder must not have completed the sale within 24hrs I guess?

WTB new washer bottle

Tags
2004, 330i, pickles, townsville