E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 126 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #741
syd9d

My Ride: 2003 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd9d View Post
Thanks Jeff for the help on the camera issue, I wired it like you said and it works great. I'm really loving the D99, I just completed the install myself and thanks to these forums, especially Jeff, I came out with no complains whatsoever. There is only one issue, well really a question :
My unit comes preinstalled with the Sygic program and the US maps. I live in the middle East, is there a Sygic site I can go to to obtain the middle east maps for my area? I have been to the Sygic site but it shows only maps for Mac based and Android based systems, no Windows CE. Should I download the android maps for my region and install them on my mini SD card, would that work?
Anyone???
syd9d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #742
Slogan

My Ride: 2004 m3 vert
issues

jeff,
i'm having an issue with a backup camera...
if i have PDC and Camera activated the camera comes on when in reverse, but if i change it to just Camera in the hidden menu it doesnt come on in reverse. annoying, seeing i do not have PDC..

also, can you change from metric to standard units of measure in the OBC display?

Thank you in advace
Slogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #743
Slogan

My Ride: 2004 m3 vert
cant change from metric i take it, from reading into this thread..anyone with the camera issue?
Slogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #744
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slogan View Post
jeff,
i'm having an issue with a backup camera...
if i have PDC and Camera activated the camera comes on when in reverse, but if i change it to just Camera in the hidden menu it doesnt come on in reverse. annoying, seeing i do not have PDC..
sounds like you didnt connect the green reverse wire to the reverse light circuit? If you dont have PDC is a standard reverse camera install.....connect power to the camera, usually from the reverse light circuit, and also connect the reverse light wire to the reverse trigger wire on the headunit.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 09-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #745
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Ooops, need to go to Specsavers

Last edited by podge3; 09-03-2012 at 07:45 AM.
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #746
ViperZ

My Ride: 1992 325i & 2006 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by podge3 View Post
Anyone know?
richyboycaldo answered your question bottom of last page... Apparently yes.
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #747
podge3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
richyboycaldo answered your question bottom of last page... Apparently yes.
Never saw it, thanks.

My 5th gen iPod certainly doesn't charge it and I've checked the flylead on the Dynavin and there is no 5 or 12 V on it.

I'm wondering if some D99s charge and some don't. Or else I have a faulty unit.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #748
ViperZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by podge3 View Post
Never saw it, thanks.

My 5th gen iPod certainly doesn't charge it and I've checked the flylead on the Dynavin and there is no 5 or 12 V on it.

I'm wondering if some D99s charge and some don't. Or else I have a faulty unit.
I had a look in the D99 manual and could not see any mention of it, however I remember reading somewhere that it may only charge if the item is in operation, such as Ipod or phone mode...

This is quoted from the Dynavin Site

Dynavin DVN-E9X D99 supplied by the Official Dynavin Store comes with the following features as standard:

- D99 Premium User Interface
- Radio (FM/AM)
- HD Touch Screen (800x480)
- CD/DVD Player
- GPS (Antenna Included, maps sold seperately)
- WiFi USB Dongle
- USB Connectivity
- SD Card Reader
- Parrot Bluetooth (External Microphone included)
- iPod Connection/Charging
- AV Input/Output
- Steering Wheel Control (ALL functions: Volume, Menu, Skip, Seek, Phone)
- OBC Display (On Board Computer info displayed on screen)
Old 09-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #749
podge3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
I had a look in the D99 manual and could not see any mention of it, however I remember reading somewhere that it may only charge if the item is in operation, such as Ipod or phone mode...

This is quoted from the Dynavin Site

Dynavin DVN-E9X D99 supplied by the Official Dynavin Store comes with the following features as standard:

- D99 Premium User Interface
- Radio (FM/AM)
- HD Touch Screen (800x480)
- CD/DVD Player
- GPS (Antenna Included, maps sold seperately)
- WiFi USB Dongle
- USB Connectivity
- SD Card Reader
- Parrot Bluetooth (External Microphone included)
- iPod Connection/Charging
- AV Input/Output
- Steering Wheel Control (ALL functions: Volume, Menu, Skip, Seek, Phone)
- OBC Display (On Board Computer info displayed on screen)
Thanks - I'll check that out.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #750
blitzyj

My Ride: 318i e46
PDC screen not coming up

Hope someone can help me with this problem.. My e46 has standard PDC from fabric, whenever i back up my car the D99 does not show any PDC screen.
I have checked aux+9 menu option and was already at OSD. Steering wheel buttons and OBC works.
My dynavin dealer does not respond to my mails, hope you guys can help me out
blitzyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #751
guardedandburnt

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Hi,
I've had a D99 installed in my 2004 330ci for about a month now. Been working out the kinks when I have time and I'm generally pleased with my purchase now that it's working well and I'm just living with it instead of dicking with it. Jeff had been a great help and really added value to the purchase.

I have a reverse camera installed and one of the last annoyances for me is the reverse mute. I've heard there are ways to stop the unit from doing this but so far my searches for info on the subject have been fruitless. Does anyone have a solution?
guardedandburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #752
ultrakidd

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Hello Jeff, i want to ask about my D99

1. Since i didn't install a camera on my Dynavin, I was a little annoyed with the 'parking distance' display when I reverse, because when the display came up, there was no sound at all, it just goes mute.. how to keep that parking distance display to not show up? because I want when I go reverse, the music played from my ipod stay sound

2. I have some playlist on my iPod, but why, when i plug in my iPod to Dynavin, my playlist song order set to be changed according to alphabetical order of the title of the songs?

Thank you for your concern Jeff, I am so curious about it
ultrakidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #753
ecoce1

My Ride: 2005 e46 M3
Hey Jeff...been searching for a while, unable to find the answer. Is it possible to use the OEM mic with dynavin unit? I am leaning towards no, but figured it would not hurt to ask. Maybe someone was able to connect it somehow.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #754
CiaranX

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Lol,

So I've read this thread and the android thread. Problems aside, do those of you that own one really like this unit?

I'm leaning towards the wince version as i care less about android. I'm NOT going through the hassle of messing with another aftermarket kit and it's required mods. I'm also not going to gamble with a knockoff and single dins look ugly.

All I really want is nav and to be able to stream my Spotify.

So... Do you guys like it and was it worth it to get it?

Also, Jeff, any idea when the hvac relocation clips with individual buttons will be in stock???

Last edited by CiaranX; 09-09-2012 at 04:24 PM.
CiaranX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #755
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoce1 View Post
Hey Jeff...been searching for a while, unable to find the answer. Is it possible to use the OEM mic with dynavin unit? I am leaning towards no, but figured it would not hurt to ask. Maybe someone was able to connect it somehow.
No, but you can put the dynaivn mic in the oem location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrakidd View Post
Hello Jeff, i want to ask about my D99

1. Since i didn't install a camera on my Dynavin, I was a little annoyed with the 'parking distance' display when I reverse, because when the display came up, there was no sound at all, it just goes mute.. how to keep that parking distance display to not show up? because I want when I go reverse, the music played from my ipod stay sound

2. I have some playlist on my iPod, but why, when i plug in my iPod to Dynavin, my playlist song order set to be changed according to alphabetical order of the title of the songs?

Thank you for your concern Jeff, I am so curious about it
1. contact your dealer and ask for the ibus box software that removes the PDC function.

2. from what I recall the dynavin will sort playlists alphabetically but it varied by version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardedandburnt View Post
Hi,
I've had a D99 installed in my 2004 330ci for about a month now. Been working out the kinks when I have time and I'm generally pleased with my purchase now that it's working well and I'm just living with it instead of dicking with it. Jeff had been a great help and really added value to the purchase.

I have a reverse camera installed and one of the last annoyances for me is the reverse mute. I've heard there are ways to stop the unit from doing this but so far my searches for info on the subject have been fruitless. Does anyone have a solution?
On the D99 If you have a camera then its going to mute, you can removed all the reverse features and then it wont mute but since you have a camera you cant do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaranX View Post

Also, Jeff, any idea when the hvac relocation clips with individual buttons will be in stock???
probably a few weeks.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #756
ViperZ

My order arrvived today! Thanks for the quick shipment to Canada, Jeff!!

I'm not sure how soon I can get to installing it, I'll be out of the country for 3 weeks, then it will be winter time here :-(

But, I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #757
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Anyone know anything about this second firmware update that has appeared on the android zone on Dynavin.com??
http://www.dynavin.com/android.php
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #758
J&T Distributing

Dynavin changed something with the touchscreens that required a different set of drivers, so there is a ROM for the older units, and a ROM for the newer units.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #759
mpower3330

My Ride: E46 M3
Jeff,

How do you remove all the reverse features? I don't have a backup camera nor any use for the PDC (as my car doesnt have it) and the music mutes as well as a symbol of car pops up. Would love to remove this feature.

Thanks!
mpower3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #760
TomTomTuning

My Ride: Black Sapphire ZHP
I'm a huge techy and the Pioneer Avic-Z140BH seems great but it's such an expensive option.
This is why I'm really considering a Dynavin but I feel the iOS/iPod integration isn't that good.

I know it can do most of the basic functions but are there any future plans for better iPod/iOS integration?

Photos: Flickr & 500PX
TomTomTuning is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99