E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
dbcmaster

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Dumb Question Regarding Left Or Right

Hey,

So, I need to get a new window regulator for the 2002 325xi. It's on the driver's side rear door. So, which regulator is that? Right rear or left rear?

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
FenderGuy05
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
I'm assuming left??? Same as the drivers side.

Go to realoem.com, plug in last 7 of vin. Get part number and search that way if your unsure.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
If you are in the USA the driver's side is the left side.
It's how you sit in the car and look forward. *It's Not on the outside looking at the front. not a dumb question, every novice has had to learn this.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
dbcmaster

Yah... just looked up the vapor barriers and it should be rear left.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
dbcmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
If you are in the USA the driver's side is the left side.
It's how you sit in the car and look forward. *It's Not on the outside looking at the front. not a dumb question, every novice has had to learn this.
Thanks.

It seems like little things like this confuse me. Just ordered a rear left and the clip.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Alex, you are so polite!

OP, I just have to say I think your post was adorable...but Alex is right. It's something you have to know.

Another way of looking at right and left is just to remember you're getting it for the car, even though you think you're getting it for yourself.

Even in the engine...it's not looking at it. It's the car's parts.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set Skip to 1:30
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
swaggerwagon

My Ride: 2005 330i
its from sitting in the driver seat. that is how the dealerships and parts suppliers determine it. if it is on the driver side it is left and passenger side is always right

3 Pedals FTW

BMW level 2 Tech

Ebay headers | Long tube CAI | modbargains ///M pedal covers | SS clutch line | CDV removed | Turner camber arms | Meyle HD FCABs | uuc poly motor/trans mounts | Eurospec Muffler | Clutch masters Stage 2 with aluminum flywheel | Coilover kit | CSL front bumper | Z4m shift lever | VISracing CF hood | Depo HID w/CCFL halo rings
swaggerwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
jdstrickland

My Ride: '94 325iC & '00 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcmaster View Post
Hey,

So, I need to get a new window regulator for the 2002 325xi. It's on the driver's side rear door. So, which regulator is that? Right rear or left rear?
LEFT or RIGHT is always AS VIEWED FROM OCCUPYING THE DRIVER SEAT. Sit in the driver seat, left is left, right is right, any place on the car where left or right make a difference.

This can be confusing to people that have to ask which is left and which is right because they look into the engine bay and describe locations as viewed looking in. The exhaust is on the right, not the left.

This is true for all motor vehicles ever made, it is not a BMW-thing.
jdstrickland is online now   Reply With Quote