E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #61
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Lemon in my water(absolutely hate it and it ruins water yeah I know im like the only person in the world)

I am the SAME exact way. Lemon belongs in very few things... it can freshen up a salad, tastes AMAZING on bacon and other rich/salty foods, and lathered on shrimp cocktail. Other than that, no thanks.

I will always prefer lime over lemon in anything, whether it be water or a mixed drink.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #62
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Liver and Brussel Sprouts............

Have they made the list yet ?

Other than that, I 'll eat just about anything.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #63
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
I am the SAME exact way. Lemon belongs in very few things... it can freshen up a salad, tastes AMAZING on bacon and other rich/salty foods, and lathered on shrimp cocktail. Other than that, no thanks.

I will always prefer lime over lemon in anything, whether it be water or a mixed drink.
Totally agree. Lemon can have kind of a gross aftertaste especially in cheap lemonade
Old 09-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #64
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
Totally agree. Lemon can have kind of a gross aftertaste especially in cheap lemonade
Try a slice of cucumber in your water. It's a lot more subtle in masking flavor.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese

BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #65
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
if i was blindfolded, i'm not sure that i could distinguish between a lime and a lemon
Old 09-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #66
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
Try a slice of cucumber in your water. It's a lot more subtle in masking flavor.
Can't tell if you're being serious...I have never heard of that before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
if i was blindfolded, i'm not sure that i could distinguish between a lime and a lemon
That's what a lot of my friends/family say. I guess I just have a sensitive palate to lemon
Old 09-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #67
EDawg

My Ride: :/
lime/lemon have very distinct flavors. when making sauces/dressings, substituting 1 for the other makes a very noticeable difference. tasting them on their own may be harder to discern the difference cuz the sourness overwhelms you.
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #68
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
ketchup...

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #69
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Pickles!!! I ****in HATE pickles!!!

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #70
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Can't tell if you're being serious...I have never heard of that before

That's what a lot of my friends/family say. I guess I just have a sensitive palate to lemon
I'm always serious about food.

Try it. Once glass won't kill you.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese

BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #71
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post

How can you not like brussel sprouts? They are delicious... I will say tho, I have had some terrible brussel sprouts before. Boiled and over cooked is just disgusting, you need to cut them in half then saute them... keeps them nice and firm and not so bitter/slimy from boiling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
I'm always serious about food.

Try it. Once glass won't kill you.
I haven't had it yet, but I will say.... they do wonders in alcoholic beverages so i'm sure they will do wonders in just regular water as well...

lol imagine if he died from that one glass?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #72
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
I hate eggplant in all of its variations.

Meat loaf. Wow what a sorry excuse for lazy white housewives to feed the entire family with the least possible work.

Dim sum. I only had it once but man it was this gross chewy mess. Maybe it was the place I got it at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #73
Fisch330ciTopasBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post

Can't stand mammal liver but I do like avian liver.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 AM   #74
Fisch330ciTopasBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
I hate eggplant in all of its variations.

Meat loaf. Wow what a sorry excuse for lazy white housewives to feed the entire family with the least possible work.

Dim sum. I only had it once but man it was this gross chewy mess. Maybe it was the place I got it at.
there are so many different types of dim sum though.

it's cheap enough that you can sample a lot of different items and then just get the ones you like the next time.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #75
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrummerE46 View Post
i FVCKING HATE iceberg lettuce. i hate it. it turns brown when u cut it and its left for a few minutes, and when places put it on hot food, it wilts and gets slimy. i can smell it from 50 feet away when its warm, smells like fertilizer. i fvcking refuse to eat anything thats touched it. i can't even order tacos or burgers anywhere because they make them with lettuce, and then the lazy fvcks that work there just take the lettuce off and serve it. i can tell, it smells like fertilizer. or theyll leave a tiny piece on, and mid chew ill taste it and have to spit it all out and then throw away whatever i was eating.

i hate kidneys too. one time when i was drunk i walked into an english pub and ordered a steak and kidney pie, thinking it would be steak and beans. i found these big white chunks of **** in it, and because i was drunk i ate it. the next day my mouth tasted like piss and nothing i did would make it go away. then my gf made some fvcked up thai food and put little tiny kidneys in it, and told me it was liver so id eat it. then it tasted like piss for another day.

licorice is fvcking nasty so are regular twizzlers. so is jelly beans, mike & ikes, any of that nasty textured sh!t. jello is also equally disgusting.

limburger cheese. seriously who was hungry enough to eat something that smells like hot garbage? we bought it as a joke to try it and as soon as i put it on my tongue, my gag reflex made me vom and we fed the cheese to ducks.

apples fvcking suck. they taste like water chestnuts but bitter and gross. cantaloupe leaves a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. store bought oranges taste like sh!t, so does any citrus from california. cherry tomatoes are gross- i remember getting these at the salad bar in elementary school and biting into them and that goo shooting into my mouth and throwing up. fruit cake sucks too.

krab. not crab, that fake **** krab. disgusting. stop cheaping out and get real crab.

white meat chicken is garbage. everyone in my family refuses to eat dark meat because its "cheap", but they eat stringy tasteless dry white meat that they cook until its dry as cardboard.

when people overcook asparagus, brussel sprouts or broccoli. it gets squishy and it smells like sh!t. when it smells, it means you've overcooked it!! i also hate when dumbasses boil eggs too much and the yolk turns green and it smells like sh!t.

bagels. wtf? boiled then baked chewy dough? my fvcking jaw hurts afterwards. fvck bagels.

flavored chips and crackers. only fat fvcks buy this crap. doritos, flavored tostitos, idc its all for fat people. flavored chips remind me of fat people and bad breath. beef jerky pretty much sucks too. it doesnt taste like much, and u cant chew it without killing your jaw, and god forbid u ever leave a bag open in your car by accident. your car smells like a rhino fart for a month.

fruit juice from concentrate. NASTY AS FVCK. it doesn't even taste like juice, its like fruit flavored lysol.

flavor ice. goddamn i was tortured through elementary and preschool with this crap. i HATE IT. it tastes like frozen robitussin. i also hate grape juice and those shitty danish cookies that come in a blue tin. and the little crunchy pretzels. UGH. school snacks r sh!t.

2 liters of soda. after you first open it, the soda tastes flat and gross. get cans or smaller bottles that youll drink in that sitting.

chex mix. this includes nasty flavored chips and pretzels and crackers.

croissants. they taste burnt.

turkey in recipes that call for beef. youre not fooling anyone, and the extra bit of fat and calories you cut arent worth it. stop being stupid.

anything organic or free range. its a godd@mn scam. its pretentious, lame and overpriced.

when people use dried herbs in italian cooking, or oregano in their sauce. oregano makes it taste like crap and gives it a dry flavor. stop being cheap and get some fresh herbs. freeze what you dont use thats fresh, and break it out when u need it.

thats all i can think of for now. i do however, LOVE durian, tofu, natto, chicken livers, curry, eating potatoes raw, chicken feet, anything with fish sauce on/in it, goat and lamb, sushi and any raw seafood and a bunch of other sh!t other people think is gross. i basically hate food that people eat to be half ass or lazy, and i hate short cuts in cooking.
Dafuq??? I've been in the restaurant industry for 20 years, and NEVER have I EVER come a across a person who eats raw potatoes.....I have seen people eat onions like apples, but never a potato. You my friend, are a funny dude.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #76
Fisch330ciTopasBlau

eating a jicama is what I imagine eating a raw potato is like.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
Old 01-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #77
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisch330ciTopasBlau View Post
there are so many different types of dim sum though.

it's cheap enough that you can sample a lot of different items and then just get the ones you like the next time.
Yeah you're right I actually looked it up and dim sum is a variety of breakfast foods so it can be many things.

The item I ate was I believe called a beef ball. It was basically a giant meatball the size of a softball and chewy as ****. It also had that rubbery smell that beef/chicken develops upon being boiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #78
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Dafuq??? I've been in the restaurant industry for 20 years, and NEVER have I EVER come a across a person who eats raw potatoes.....I have seen people eat onions like apples, but never a potato. You my friend, are a funny dude.
i eat them like i eat raw pasta.. if i'm dicing a potato, i'll have a couple bites. same with pasta, how can you not take one or two pieces of raw spaghetti lol
Old 01-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #79
Fisch330ciTopasBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Yeah you're right I actually looked it up and dim sum is a variety of breakfast foods so it can be many things.

The item I ate was I believe called a beef ball. It was basically a giant meatball the size of a softball and chewy as ****. It also had that rubbery smell that beef/chicken develops upon being boiled.
never had one that big, usually get them golf ball sized. I get ya though, I rather get swedish meatballs than those.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
Old 01-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #80
Fisch330ciTopasBlau

I ****ing love lemon flavored candy and pastry but I don't put lemon in tea/water either.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma

Last edited by Fisch330ciTopasBlau; 01-27-2013 at 02:15 PM.